Is my PSU problem or my GPU

Specs : -

Graphics Card: http://www.galax.com/jp/galax-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-exoc.html 

Processor: https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-5-1600

Motherboard: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-AX370-Gaming-K5-rev-1x

Power supply : https://www.amazon.in/ANTEC-VP550P-Computer-Supply-Continuous/dp/B00HEYWK76?tag=googinhydr18418-21&tag=googinkenshoo-21&ascsubtag=2a4f893b-386e-425e-a81a-ca03f56a060b

Ram : 8Gb ram 2666hz

Graphics card ; Galax gtx 1050Ti EXOC

Processor: Amd Ryzen 5 1600 

Motherboard: Gigabyte arous x370 Gaming k5

Power supply: Antec 550W

Problem 

So I bought my new PC with these specs and the starting month went Good I played JUST CAUSE 3 and TOMB RAIDER very well and Did  some renders in Different video editing and 3D softwares  

But a few weeks back I downloaded Fortnite and could play it for 20 -25 mins and the monitor displayed A blank color and the fans of PSU were running fast and the pc restarted after 5 mins 

and now its happening even after just starting the game Fortnite , So i did a Stress test to GPU and it didn't go (FurMark and Heaven Benchmark ) well it did the same thing, but in CInebench the result was good for GTX 1050Ti  (attaching the file) . So basically what is the problem ???????? GPU or PSU 

Screenshot (25).png

Screenshot (26).png

My guess would be power supply. When you're in a resource-hungry game, your CPU, RAM, hard drives, fans, GPU, and everything else are running in high power mode. When you're just stress testing the CPU or GPU (or even both), the rest of your components are generally essentially at idle so they don't stress the power supply that much.

__             __
   .-'.'     .-.     '.'-.
 .'.((      ( ^ `>     )).'.
/`'- \'._____\ (_____.'/ -'`\
|-''`.'------' '------'.`''-|
|.-'`.'.'.`/ | | \`.'.'.`'-.|
 \ .' . /  | | | |  \ . '. /
  '._. :  _|_| |_|_  : ._.'
     ````` /T"Y"T\ `````
          / | | | \
         `'`'`'`'`'`

1 minute ago, violentnumeric said:

My guess would be power supply. When you're in a resource-hungry game, your CPU, RAM, hard drives, fans, GPU, and everything else are running in high power mode. When you're just stress testing the CPU or GPU (or even both), the rest of your components are generally essentially at idle so they don't stress the power supply that much.

Also When i try to on my computer it doesnt open , its led shows that the cpu isnt getting power , But when I remove the Gpu , the computer starts and then i have to attach the GPU and restart the computer and then it opens ????

I personally think it's almost certainly a power supply problem. Is it still in the warranty period?

__             __
   .-'.'     .-.     '.'-.
     ````` /T"Y"T\ `````
          / | | | \
         `'`'`'`'`'`

2 minutes ago, violentnumeric said:

I personally think it's almost certainly a power supply problem. Is it still in the warranty period?

IDK I have to see , Thank you for your reply 

not to knock the PSU, but it isn't rated 80+ (although they 'say' it 87% efficient).

to me, this PSU is really a 450 watt PSU with added marketing. this is a basic no dedicated GPU PSU.

both 12v rails combined is 37A, but only in single rated 30A is not efficiency.

91BJGZ7xbuL._SL1500_.jpg

could be a number of issues, check thermals on CPU and watts drawn to verify the system isn't losing power under a load.

I remember when Antec used to be pretty good. Seems like they've slipped and have always had some awful power supplies. Still, better than those $20 no-name brands. My Antec was the only power supply I ever had that failed.

__             __
   .-'.'     .-.     '.'-.
     ````` /T"Y"T\ `````
          / | | | \
         `'`'`'`'`'`

5 minutes ago, violentnumeric said:

I remember when Antec used to be pretty good. Seems like they've slipped and have always had some awful power supplies. Still, better than those $20 no-name brands. My Antec was the only power supply I ever had that failed.

All brands are equally capable of selling crap. Buying PSUs by brand makes as little sense as with anything else. 

:)

23 minutes ago, airdeano said:

not to knock the PSU, but it isn't rated 80+ (although they 'say' it 87% efficient).

to me, this PSU is really a 450 watt PSU with added marketing. this is a basic no dedicated GPU PSU.

both 12v rails combined is 37A, but only in single rated 30A is not efficiency.

could be a number of issues, check thermals on CPU and watts drawn to verify the system isn't losing power under a load.

So what do you thinks is it PSU?

best guess, yes. but without more testing under load of the power draw it is a best guess.

10 minutes ago, airdeano said:

best guess, yes. but without more testing under load of the power draw it is a best guess.

Whats that ? And how can I test it ???

you already have HWMonitor, log the test with that while running p95 or cinebench to see if the numbers get large in temp/watts.

24 minutes ago, seon123 said:

All brands are equally capable of selling crap. Buying PSUs by brand makes as little sense as with anything else. 

They're capable, yes, but some brands like Corsair, SeaSonic, and a few others mostly only sell quality power supplies. Now there's $40 quality and $200 quality and several steps in between. Like I'd never expect to get a quality 650w power supply for $40, that would be insane.

__             __
   .-'.'     .-.     '.'-.
     ````` /T"Y"T\ `````
          / | | | \
         `'`'`'`'`'`

2 minutes ago, airdeano said:

you already have HWMonitor, log the test with that while running p95 or cinebench to see if the numbers get large in temp/watts.

Ok no Problem I will let you know in 50-10 MINS Which temps/watts you need?

11 minutes ago, violentnumeric said:

They're capable, yes, but some brands like Corsair, SeaSonic, and a few others mostly only sell quality power supplies. Now there's $40 quality and $200 quality and several steps in between. Like I'd never expect to get a quality 650w power supply for $40, that would be insane.

Corsair has the VS and old green CX/M, Seasonic has the S12 II and the M12 II, and other budget things. 

The CX650 and Smart Pro RGB 650W an go for $40 at times. 

:)

3 hours ago, Akshayanvekar said:

So what do you thinks is it PSU?

Yes. Your symptoms are exactly that of a dying PSU, especially what you said about the way your fans react.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

14 hours ago, airdeano said:

both..

So I no longer have the PSU fan problem but do still have this problem

When I do a stress test (FurMark Heaven benchmark) or play Fortnite  , my PC crashes And displays a random color , I have t o restart it to make it work again ....

What could be the problem PSU or GPU ???? 

Also I get a windows 10 (removed a Part ) Sound for some reasons after the crash???