Fractal Design Define R6, 1 Vertical GPU with Founder's Ed. Cooler, 1 Horizontal GPU with Raijintek Morpheus II. Will it fit?

Hi all,

I am hoping to fit a 1080ti w/ Raijintek Morpheus II and a 1060 6GB FE into a Fractal Design Define R6.

I would like to stick to a mid tower for this build if at all possible. My plan is to mount the 1080ti with the raijintek morpheus directly to the motherboard, along a the wifi card and tb3 card, then mount the 1060 FE with stock cooler on the vertical gpu mount using the pcie extension on a lower pcie slot on the motherboard. I want to know if this will all fit in a Fractal Design Define R6 (No TG). I want to stay away from water cooling because I will be moving this computer around quite often, and am not really interested with the maintenance involved with a custom loop. I could potentially consider a hybrid cooler for the 1080ti, but I would like to keep this build as quiet as possible. I plan on running the 1060 blower fan as low as possible, hoping I won't have to get a different cooler for it (I already own the card, don't want to have to buy another one just for the cooler).

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/n4WvKB
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/n4WvKB/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  ($338.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - R1 Ultimate 76.0 CFM CPU Cooler  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Motherboard: ASRock - Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming K6 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($171.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($204.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($404.99) 
Storage: Western Digital - WD Blue 1TB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Video Card: NVIDIA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Founders Edition Video Card  ($700.00) 
Case: Fractal Design - Define R6 Black ATX Mid Tower Case  ($129.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Corsair - HX Platinum 850W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($159.99 @ Best Buy) 
Optical Drive: LG - WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Wireless Network Adapter: Gigabyte - GC-WB867D-I PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Case Fan: Prolimatech - PRO-USV14 98.0 CFM  140mm Fan  ($19.86 @ OutletPC) 
Case Fan: Prolimatech - PRO-USV14 98.0 CFM  140mm Fan  ($19.86 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: Acer - GN246HL 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Monitor: Acer - Predator Z35P 35.0" 3440x1440 100Hz Monitor  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Other: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Founders Edition  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Other: ASRock Add-On Card Model THUNDERBOLT 3 AIC  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Other: Raijintek Morpheus II ($62.99)
Total: $2293.53

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this, I tried posting on /r/buildapc, but to no avail.

prolly not.. the heat sink on the morpheus is too wide and will interfere with the vertical card.

18 minutes ago, flare_gun said:

but I would like to keep this build as quiet as possible

Get a hybrid then, they are several DB quieter than air-cooled GPUs

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1 hour ago, airdeano said:

prolly not.. the heat sink on the morpheus is too wide and will interfere with the vertical card.

Would an arctic accelero extreme IV fit? It doesn't seem to be as wide.

On 3/3/2018 at 8:07 PM, flare_gun said:

Would an arctic accelero extreme IV fit? It doesn't seem to be as wide.

Probably not, as the coolers height (not width) seems to be slightly taller than reference height cards (rouhgly 5") and you'd need to it to be perfectly flush with the reference PCB height to fit it into the case since the Vertical GPU mount (which btw I dont recommend because GPU's suffocate against side panels) makes the 1060's back plate sit basically flush with the PCI-E brackets, so anything taller than a founders edition PCB wont work with what you're trying to do.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

also as far as i know the vertical GPU mount isnt actually available for purchase at the moment

6 minutes ago, Jay Deah said:

also as far as i know the vertical GPU mount isnt actually available for purchase at the moment

Will be releasing within the next couple of months, along with the R6's front I/O upgrade

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25