Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Do you guys have any car models that you just love no matter what? Even if they do have a few issues.

For me that's any Subaru WRX and the 5th gen Prelude (As I'm sure you know)

Mazda Protege, Toyota Pickup (offroad capability) and Toyota Supra.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I mean, don't get me wrong, the Fusion looks pretty stunning in terms of styling, but the Camry looks so striking.

Fair enough.

I just dont think it flows well. The front end is fairly aggressive, while the rest of the car is really pretty conservative.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

well, they're not really that big, i think they've shrunk actually from the last gen to me.

They were stretched about an inch in every direction I think from last then to current. 

I mean, don't get me wrong, the Fusion looks pretty stunning in terms of styling, but the Camry looks so striking.

They Camry is a sharp, good looking car. But not something that would make me say it looks great.

1.5" wider, 1.4" lower (2.75" lower decklid), 0.2" longer.

Fair enough.

I just dont think it flows well. The front end is fairly aggressive, while the rest of the car is really pretty conservative.

If you see one irl it just stands out... It's bold for a Camry.

The Fusion look is kinda old because almost all the Ford's use the same front end.

System: Thinkpad T460

Fair enough.

Nah, the lines of the car give it a pretty poised stance.

The Fusion look is kinda old because almost all the Ford's use the same front end.

Yeah, it's been used on every model, especially that grill on the Fusion, Focus, hell even the Fiesta has that front end.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I have seen them irl. I just dont agree lol.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Yes. Because I see them all the time. This is why I love cars like these:

It's not because they're great cars. Or even that they look better than American cars (To me they do)

It's because they're a lot rarer;

American cars are bland....

rs9co6.jpg

American cars are bland....

rs9co6.jpg

Bland because I'm used to them.

Yes it's a nice looking car. But I'd never own one and be happy about it.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

And a Supra is soooo stunning. /s

I can't imagine a Cobra is more common than an Integra lol

Practically rehashed Civics and Accords...

Im sort of the same as @RevoltTrain ... I see american cars all the time, and I live in the south so people are ALWAYS talking about how much power their mustang makes or how high their truck is jacked up or drooling over the new american whatever that came out.

I just got tired of it... it was cool when I was younger, but now I just kinda want something different. But at the same time I dont like drawing too much attention to myself so I pick carefully. One exception is the ariel atom. I will drive all day in that and if it turns heads and I dont give a care what anyone thinks lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

To me, Yeah. It's the equivalent of Lindsay Elise in the car world IMO

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I can't imagine a Cobra is more common than an Integra lol

I've only seen one Integra. While I've seen 15 or 20 Cobras. So yeah.

The Integra belongs to a good friend. Manual, turbo'd. Definitely an upgrade from his Prelude he used to have

I can't imagine a Cobra is more common than a Integra lol

*shrug* There's a few differences between a Cobra and the rest of the New Edges out there, so the look is really common.

To me, Yeah. It's the equivalent of Lindsay Elise in the car world IMO

I'm not sure if there's a car that looks blander than a Supra out there. It's just..a blob.

I'm not sure if there's a car that looks blander than a Supra out there. It's just..a blob.

Not a blob to me. It's got curves. A blob is just one solid bit of material

It truly is. the lines of that car flow very nicely.

Im sort of the same as @RevoltTrain ... I see american cars all the time, and I live in the south so people are ALWAYS talking about how much power their mustang makes or how high their truck is jacked up or drooling over the new american whatever that came out.

I just got tired of it... it was cool when I was younger, but now I just kinda want something different. But at the same time I dont like drawing too much attention to myself so I pick carefully. One exception is the ariel atom. I will drive all day in that and if it turns heads and I dont give a care what anyone thinks lol

Really, i can't be happy driving a lifted pickup that's not a Toyota. Every time i drive around here, lifted diesel. Another street, another diesel. it's fucking addicting.

*shrug* There's a few differences between a Cobra and the rest of the New Edges out there, so the look is really common.

But they definitely don't sound the same nor have the same character as a Terminator...

It truly is. the lines of that car flow very nicely.

Not a blob to me. It's got curves. A blob is just one solid bit of material

*shrug* There's nothing "striking" about the design to me, it's just THERE. A very blah vehicle.

3787144980_c13301fb2d_z.jpg

But they definitely don't sound the same nor have the same character as a Terminator...

True, but they look very similar.

*shrug* There's nothing "striking" about the design to me, it's just THERE. A very blah vehicle.

To me it's a very sexy car.

But I've always liked 90's designed, With the long slopes, the gentle curves.

Also it has such a beautiful spoiler. And that front end. Unff

Doesn't look blah at all.

Agreed.

Doesn't look blah at all.

Looks blah.

giphy.gif

Looks blah.

giphy.gif

It's okay bud. To each their own.

That's the great thing about cars. You may love something. I may hate that same something. But at the end of the day it all works out. We all love cars.

It's okay bud. To each their own.

That's the great thing about cars. You may love something. I may hate that same something. But at the end of the day it all works out. We all love cars.

inspirational quote of the day