Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

15 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

couple grand on some German models

Good thing I don't care about the germs

5 hours ago, vetali said:

Yeah, and those are cheap compared to other makes lol.

Oof

On 5/6/2024 at 4:17 AM, Beerzerker said:

Tell me about it.... But that's what they do.
Even if they had been passing by at a really slow speed, the squirrel probrably would have darted the wrong way and gotten hit/squished anyway.

What's there to tell you about it? If they had been driving like a normal person, they hadn't been accelerating into that corner, seeing the animal yet continuing to throttle, eventually to a point of almost killing it with absolutely no other cars around.

You brake and slow down, put your hand on the horn and beep boop a few times until it runs away. Doesn't require a genius, does it?

Moving away from the topic of people who can't drive properly, we might upgrade from our A4 Quattro soon...

On 5/9/2024 at 1:33 AM, AlwaysFSX said:

Is that how much they cost on new cars? Jesus

This is why you get glass insurance for like $9/mo

image.png.767065ab3fbad98c918db5539ac24861.png

My rear windsheild was free to replace thankfully.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 5/9/2024 at 1:40 AM, Vonrottes said:

Trying to decided if I want to impulse buy a new cam for the Sonoma 😅

I think about $1,000 would get it done, just the cam, pushrods, springs and trunnion upgrade.. no lifters or other upgrades.

Same cam I had in the G8, so pretty mild but still decent power increase over stock.

Just not sure if I want to mod the 5.3 or not 

I'm gonna say you should do it because it'd be cool

unless you've got better things to do with it.

please tag me for a response, It's really hard to keep tabs on every thread I reply to. thanks!!

my car is a tank. this thing will never break

Screenshot 2024-05-10 111731.png

By reading this, you're entering a contract that says you have to visit my profile.

3 hours ago, Dillpickle23422 said:

I'm gonna say you should do it because it'd be cool

unless you've got better things to do with it.

I honestly might before the Carlisle truck nationals in August, that road trip would be a lot more fun with a 400hp lol.

Was thinking about throwing it all in before a local meet on June 1st, but.... I just ordered the parts to install brakes on the rear, going from drums to brembos so axles have to be pulled. While it's apart for that I'm going to powder coat the diff cover, battery tray, and maybe install some cheap 2" lowering blocks and slapper bars.

Vaporwave: 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d / Powercolor Red Devil RX 7900 XT / Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P / Kingston fury beast 32GB / WD_Black SN770 1tb / Samsung  970 evo 1tb / Corsair RM850x / Cooler Master ML360 v2 / NZXT H9 Elite / Vizio m422i-B1  / Steelseries x Destiny 2 Arctis 1/ GMMK Pro+GMMK Num Akko Lavender/ Steelseries x Destiny 2 Rival 5

Risky brake bleeder extractor. 20240509_131048.thumb.jpg.ca798d3b787a568584b29e89e618e8a6.jpg

But that's what warranty is for, right? 👍

Drilled it a size up, got it glowing, hammered it in, came right out. It snapped off with the smallest 8mm wrench so I think someone before me had already twisted it some.

Brackets came in today, no idea what color I want to do them in won't be seen unless you look under the truck. Also don't know if I want to mount the rear calipers at 3 or 9'o clock.... Pads and rotors will be here Tuesday.

PXL_20240510_182452953.thumb.jpg.e12620e59bf1137f1cede014d639dcaf.jpg

Also very unsure what color I want to do the diff cover, whatever color I do I'm kinda thinking of polishing the "trick flow" part just for a little contrast..

image.thumb.jpg.03666f878bfba0228e91e4149805e2fc.jpg

I know for sure the battery tray will be Weston grey, make it kinda blend in with the color on the lower part of the truck.

46 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Risky brake bleeder extractor. 20240509_131048.thumb.jpg.ca798d3b787a568584b29e89e618e8a6.jpg

But that's what warranty is for, right? 👍

Drilled it a size up, got it glowing, hammered it in, came right out. It snapped off with the smallest 8mm wrench so I think someone before me had already twisted it some.

Holy Christ did they tighten them with an ugga dugga?! I've never seen a bleeder snap like that... And I've had some there were very stuck in cast iron calipers. 😬😬😬

Vaporwave: 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d / Powercolor Red Devil RX 7900 XT / Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P / Kingston fury beast 32GB / WD_Black SN770 1tb / Samsung  970 evo 1tb / Corsair RM850x / Cooler Master ML360 v2 / NZXT H9 Elite / Vizio m422i-B1  / Steelseries x Destiny 2 Arctis 1/ GMMK Pro+GMMK Num Akko Lavender/ Steelseries x Destiny 2 Rival 5

15 hours ago, Motifator said:

What's there to tell you about it?

Ever heard of something called a "Figure of speech", which what that was?

Maybe this will help you - I dunno:
Figure of speech - Wikipedia

BTW I wasn't asking you about it and I do not require lessons about squirrels from anyone since I've lived around them for over 55+ years and counting.
Plenty of life experience dealing with, hunting them and all the rest here.

If they had been driving like a normal person, they hadn't been accelerating into that corner, seeing the animal yet continuing to throttle, eventually to a point of almost killing it with absolutely no other cars around.

You brake and slow down, put your hand on the horn and beep boop a few times until it runs away.

Doesn't really matter what you do with a squirrel, alot of it depends on the squirrel.

They zig-zag and dart around in such a way it's alot like trying to dodge a deer except if you hit one, it won't damage the vehicle.
Honk your horn or any other of that doesn't make alot of difference with a squirrel because of it - Sometimes they'll even dart towards your vehicle as it passes by, resulting in the same (splat) outcome anyway.

Doesn't require a genius, does it?

Since by that remark, you seem to know what it takes, show us your genius by presenting all of us a step-by-step guide (With pics and a vid) to completely avoid them.
We'd appreciate it.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.