Updated Cooler Master case said to be available soon.

Ripper7620

The H500M looks more interesting to me

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

The H500M looks more interesting to me

I'm all about the airflow, and that's the selling point for the updated version of the case for me. 

I am also waiting for the H500M, as that one interests me the most, and appears to have the options I'm looking for as far as keeping my CPU nice and cool with a 280mm AIO up top, lots of room for storage, and with the improvements, I'm sure it'll have some smooth good airflow!

Midnight Rig - CPU: i7-7700K / Cooler: Corsair h100i V2 / Motherboard: AsRock Z270 Taichi / RAM: G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW2 / SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm / PSU: EVGA Supernova B2 750W

6 minutes ago, MidnightBanshi said:

I am also waiting for the H500M, as that one interests me the most, and appears to have the options I'm looking for as far as keeping my CPU nice and cool with a 280mm AIO up top, lots of room for storage, and with the improvements, I'm sure it'll have some smooth good airflow!

If I don't have the opportunity to build my Threadripper build on it, I will have to find another way to justify doing a custom build on it when it comes out. Just an awesome platform! 

Ah, TR4 - the dream build.  I'd love to do one myself, but sadly it's just not in the cards for me price-wise.  I hope it really works out well for you! :)

Midnight Rig - CPU: i7-7700K / Cooler: Corsair h100i V2 / Motherboard: AsRock Z270 Taichi / RAM: G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW2 / SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm / PSU: EVGA Supernova B2 750W

16 minutes ago, MidnightBanshi said:

Ah, TR4 - the dream build.  I'd love to do one myself, but sadly it's just not in the cards for me price-wise.  I hope it really works out well for you! :)

Thank you very much, I really appreciate that! 

I'm getting really interested in this case.

I'm just waiting until I see full reviews and builds in it before I really decide on moving into it.

I'm starting to outgrow my Carbide Air 540 and I'm looking for other options.

---

3 hours ago, PrimeSonic said:

I'm getting really interested in this case.

I'm just waiting until I see full reviews and builds in it before I really decide on moving into it.

I'm starting to outgrow my Carbide Air 540 and I'm looking for other options.

Thank you for your reply, how are you outgrowing the Carbide Air 540, as I'm interested in that model, as well as the Air 240. If you could save me from making a less than the best decision, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance. 

15 minutes ago, Ripper7620 said:

how are you outgrowing the Carbide Air 540

Having all fan slots filled with radiators will do that.

I've got a 360, 240, and a 120 rad in this case; The absolute maximum in radiator space you can actually fit into it.

Sadly, the clearance is such that I had to sacrifice the front air filter to be able to use fans at all.

What's more, while Corsair advertises that all these fans are 25mm thick in their spec sheets, that is not the case.

Their ML Series fans are plenty thicker than their older SP Series. So much so that I've got three ML Series LED fans sitting in storage cause they wouldn't fit between the Air 540's front grill and front fan mount.

It's a great case and I do love it.

But I also found myself modding out old ideas from it to make room for newer ones.

Such as spending a day with a Dremel cutting out the bulky drive sleds from the bottom of the case to make room for the pump and reservoir that I wanted to showcase.

I don't have any bulky 3.5" HDD or even any 2.5" SSDs. All my storage is on M.2 drives right on the motherboard. What did I need drive sleds for?

So I'm honestly considering the upgraded MasterCase H500P Mesh White from Cooler Master. It could very well be the case that has all I need with room to grow.

IMG_20171008_151229634.thumb.jpg.ce3fa95532c34865c19d528e599d44ab.jpgIMG_20170330_200728147.thumb.jpg.3a173a459c3cf4870eeed70bb22d15cf.jpg

---

2 minutes ago, PrimeSonic said:

Having all fan slots filled with radiators will do that.

I've got a 360, 240, and a 120 rad in this case; The absolute maximum in radiator space you can actually fit into it.

Sadly, the clearance is such that I had to sacrifice the front air filter to be able to use fans at all.

What's more, while Corsair advertises that all these fans are 25mm thick in their spec sheets, that is not the case.

Their ML Series fans are plenty thicker than their older SP Series. So much so that I've got three ML Series LED fans sitting in storage cause they wouldn't fit between the Air 540's front grill and front fan mount.

It's a great case and I do love it.

But I also found myself modding out old ideas from it to make room for newer ones.

Such as spending a day with a Dremel cutting out the bulky drive sleds from the bottom of the case to make room for the pump and reservoir that I wanted to showcase.

So I'm honestly considering the upgraded MasterCase H500P Mesh White from Cooler Master. It could very well be the case that has all I need with room to grow.

IMG_20171008_151229634.thumb.jpg.ce3fa95532c34865c19d528e599d44ab.jpgIMG_20170330_200728147.thumb.jpg.3a173a459c3cf4870eeed70bb22d15cf.jpg

Thank you very much for the reply, it definitely looks like you've got a lot going on there. I think the updated version of the H500p Mesh is going to be a winning combination. I'm mainly interested in the Air 240 for a transportable pc.

1 minute ago, Ripper7620 said:

I'm mainly interested in the Air 240 for a transportable PC.

The Air 240 case is beautiful for a small form factor build.

I was honestly torn between going SFF or not. But when I knew I would want liquid cooling in the future, I went with the Air 540 which gave me more options for the future. Not to mention that the motherboard I wanted at the time (for style) only came in ATX.

---

Back on the topic of the MasterCase H500P

A question I might not get answered until the case is released:

Would it be possible, in the front, to make this kind of setup?

[case inside] > 120x3 fans > 360 radiator > 3x140 (or 2x200) fans > [case outside]

It's the kind of push/pull where the radiator gets all the air it needs from the pulling fans, but the case gets extra air flow from the oversized fans.

The specs and photos seem to suggest this could be possible. I'm just not sure of it yet.

Anyone know anything I don't yet?

---

8 minutes ago, PrimeSonic said:

Back on the topic of the MasterCase H500P

A question I might not get answered until the case it released:

[case inside] > 120x3 fans > 360 radiator > 3x140 (or 2x200) fans > [case outside]

It's the kind of push/pull where the radiator gets all the air it needs from the pulling fans, but the case gets extra air flow from the oversized fans.

The specs and photos seem to suggest this could be possible. I'm just not sure of it yet.

Thank you very much, and good luck to you on your endeavor! 

13 minutes ago, PrimeSonic said:

In theory yes, however I dont know if this would be ideal, since in theory the outside fans would be controlled by some sort of system fan header and the 120mm RAD fans would be controlled by the CPU fan header which would adjust the speed based on CPU temps, unless you were to try and balance RPM speeds between the fans (140mm fans of the same make move more air at the same RPM than the 120mm, so you'd have to slow them down)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25