Simple question, so I've had most of the parts for the first PC I'm gonna build and I'm custom hardline cooling it and I about 2 weeks left until my case would arrive so I decided to do a test tubing bend, cut, chamfer, and try screwing an end into a fitting. Everything went well, although I do need to improve on my tube bending, but the one thing that I had a problem with was chamfering. The tool I got sucked I went out and got 1,000 and 1,500 grit sandpaper and that seemed to work very well but I could only sand the outside edge with it so my question is, because the O - Ring in the fitting only touches the tubing by the outside edge (which is slanted after chamfering) then do I still need to chamfer the inside. I'll give some pics and help is appreciated :)

2018-02-28-PHOTO-00007123.jpg

2018-02-28-PHOTO-00007125.jpg

Retrowave

Air cooled version of my first PC.

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K

Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO

Thermal Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste

Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC)

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 Memory

SSD: Samsung 960 Pro 512Gb M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

SSD 2: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

HDD: WD Black 6TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

HDD 2: Seagate Barracuda PRO 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3

Case: LIAN LI O11 Dynamic XL

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 1000W 80+ Platinum Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Case Fans: Corsair LL120

Fan Controller: Corsair Commander Pro

Set Up

• Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite
  • Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow X Chroma
  • Mousepad: Steelseries QcK Gaming Mousepad
  • Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278QR
  • Audio
    • AMP: Sennheiser GSX1000
    • Headphones: Sennheiser 58X
    • Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III
  • Oculus Rift + Touch 3 Sensor Roomscale Setup

1 hour ago, G3ORG3Douj88 said:

Simple question, so I've had most of the parts for the first PC I'm gonna build and I'm custom hardline cooling it and I about 2 weeks left until my case would arrive so I decided to do a test tubing bend, cut, chamfer, and try screwing an end into a fitting. Everything went well, although I do need to improve on my tube bending, but the one thing that I had a problem with was chamfering. The tool I got sucked I went out and got 1,000 and 1,500 grit sandpaper and that seemed to work very well but I could only sand the outside edge with it so my question is, because the O - Ring in the fitting only touches the tubing by the outside edge (which is slanted after chamfering) then do I still need to chamfer the inside. I'll give some pics and help is appreciated :)

You can use coarser sand paper if you want as it will go a lot faster with the chamfering but for the interior you should at the very least do an edge break to remove any sharp burrs or edges.

Primochill makes a chamfering bit that works really well if you are doing a lot of tubing. 

https://www.primochill.com/products/primochill-rfb-rigid-tubing-finishing-bit

chamfering the outside diameter reduces the chance of the sharp edge of the tubing from cutting/damaging the o-ring sealing properties.any small nick in the o-ring is a best chance for a leak. chamfering the inside diameter after cutting, reduces the risk of chards of tubing floating inside the system. chaffering also allows the fitting to sit square on the tubing not at an angle (creates bad sealing practices).