Tiny, Passively-Cooled Gaming PC - Compulab Airtop 2

This is really cool but im curious where the power supply is and what the max amount of watts it can handle, is it an external PSU?

Or...pick up say a zephyrus with a 120hz monitor and 1080 for less. These are nifty but they have no value. $3,000 for a 1060 system is ouch. Over $2000 for a 1060 system is still ouch.

"But..but...muh engineering skillz!" - your innovation is not worth that much of a premium. Maybe $100-$200 above competition prices but not these absurd amounts.

14 minutes ago, JustAnEpicLime said:

It's good, but it's missing one thing...

93D4842B53354C5B82BAEEC74CCA534D.ashx

wow this machine just need some glitter and a unicorn sticker and bam best machine of 2017/18 - pc master race

My Gaming PC: 27833

1 hour ago, JustAnEpicLime said:

It's good, but it's missing one thing...

93D4842B53354C5B82BAEEC74CCA534D.ashx

That's the best part.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Can someone tell me how to find the float plane link? I cannot find it anywhere. 

So it does thermal-throttle in the Gamer's Nexus sense of the term, i.e.: "If it could turbo higher with better airflow, then it's thermal throttling."  That's not how the chipmakers and OEMs like to talk about it, but I think it's a useful point of view, especially if you're disinclined to leave processing performance on the table.  

(Personally, I greatly value acoustic performance, so I'm still bullish on this product.  But it's worth being explicit about the tradeoff.)  

3 hours ago, closest.num.2.0 said:

This is really cool but im curious where the power supply is and what the max amount of watts it can handle, is it an external PSU?

Seems to be a power brick, yeah: 

In the box: 
1. Airtop computer

2. Power supply: input 100-240VAC 50/60Hz, 250W output 19VDC 13.15A

It says that it has "Dual power input for redundancy," so maybe you could buy a second one if the 250W thing worries you?  

image.png.8730dd78a8e0f0649fbe01ff62bda9b8.png ya no thx

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

What we need is a new case standard so that PCB manufacturers can build motherboards and graphics cards that are optimised for this kind of convection based layout so we can have the same kind of options as for ATX or Mini-ITX builds.

I would love something like this if the price were more reasonable.

4 hours ago, Madnessinme said:

Can someone tell me how to find the float plane link? I cannot find it anywhere. 

you need to be paying for a membership

if you want to get it, you can go to the store ( top of the dashboard or this link https://linustechtips.com/main/store/ )

but the site is supposed to be launching on Wednesday 

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

4 hours ago, JCHelios said:

(Personally, I greatly value acoustic performance, so I'm still bullish on this product.  But it's worth being explicit about the tradeoff.)  

can you honestly say you can here modern PWM fans running at there lowest RPM setting? because prior to adding my first GPU to my rig me breathing from 10 feet away was louder (measured with an SPL app on my phone) then my H100iV2 running with the pump set to performance and fans set to quiet.

Have they shipped all out to funders?

Paid for vid?

$3700 and $2500 seems steep, but I understand where the cost comes from.

I'd prefer to build an mini itx build with 8700K

I would instead build around the Fractal Design Node 202 - Video Here - Build Here

$3500 including $1500 GTX 1080ti, 8700K, 7TB mixed,

22 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

can you honestly say you can here modern PWM fans running at there lowest RPM setting? because prior to adding my first GPU to my rig me breathing from 10 feet away was louder (measured with an SPL app on my phone) then my H100iV2 running with the pump set to performance and fans set to quiet.

My Define R5 on my desk is audible, yes.  Whether it's the case fans, or whether it's the components' fans, isn't really relevant to the comparison, since the Compulab doesn't have any fans at all.  

14 minutes ago, JCHelios said:

My Define R5 on my desk is audible, yes.  Whether it's the case fans, or whether it's the components' fans, isn't really relevant to the comparison, since the Compulab doesn't have any fans at all.  

if your fans are audible then you have them spinning to fast or they aren't PWM, the Meshify C fans aren't PWM so i'd be surprised if the stock r5 fans are.