Different SSIDs for Google OnHub

Murilo_A

So, basically I want to buy a Google OnHub, but there's one small problem, I use bluetooth headphones with my PC and if my phone is connected to the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi I get some interference, and if I'm using my headphones with my phone and 2.4GHz Wi-Fi, I don't get enough bandwidth to stream 1080p video (due to interference also). My question is, can I separate into two SSIDs? And if I don't is there somehow to force the phone to stay on the 5GHz Wi-Fi? Range should be good at most of the times (only 1 concrete wall most of the time, max is two concrete walls) so I don't except it needing to change to the 2.4, but you never know.

1 hour ago, Murilo_A said:

So, basically I want to buy a Google OnHub, but there's one small problem, I use bluetooth headphones with my PC and if my phone is connected to the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi I get some interference, and if I'm using my headphones with my phone and 2.4GHz Wi-Fi, I don't get enough bandwidth to stream 1080p video (due to interference also). My question is, can I separate into two SSIDs? And if I don't is there somehow to force the phone to stay on the 5GHz Wi-Fi? Range should be good at most of the times (only 1 concrete wall most of the time, max is two concrete walls) so I don't except it needing to change to the 2.4, but you never know.

Firstly Concrete and WiFi dont mix especially 5 Ghz. Most if not all Dual Band Wireless routers have the ability to have two separate SSID's, one for each band not counting guest networks. This is specifically how I set my network up. Important things like Steaming devices go on 5 Ghz and every thing else is on 2.4 Ghz. Also, not sure about your country but in North America we have 11 channels in the 2.4 Ghz band. Meaning we can change to another channel that may not have as much interference. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.