Recommendations for a pre-built system or laptop

Beef Boss

I'm on a budget of a max 600ish dollars. I'd like to know of any good choices, laptops or pre-built PC's. I'd use it for word documents, web browsing and videos. Probably some really light games and boot Linux on it too. I'm not really looking for the best, obviously with a tight budget I wouldn't expect too great as it is. The Mac resolution it would have to put out is 1080p if that because the monitor I use is probably 720p... Anyway, if there are any suggestions please list some I'd love to start looking for a new computer. Anything below the budget also would be definitely good. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

With such low usage requirements it almost doesn't matter what machine you buy. I'd say just run over to bestbuy and grab the cheapest thing on the shelf. Most entry level celphones can do what you want so you could look at those too while you're there.

34 minutes ago, BadluckBrian said:

I'm on a budget of a max 600ish dollars. I'd like to know of any good choices, laptops or pre-built PC's. I'd use it for word documents, web browsing and videos. Probably some really light games and boot Linux on it too. I'm not really looking for the best, obviously with a tight budget I wouldn't expect too great as it is. The Mac resolution it would have to put out is 1080p if that because the monitor I use is probably 720p... Anyway, if there are any suggestions please list some I'd love to start looking for a new computer. Anything below the budget also would be definitely good. 

Why a prebuilt? You would get way more value if you built it yourself

16 minutes ago, c00lFD said:

Not the same case with current hardware pricings. Prebuilts are cheaper now.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

17 minutes ago, c00lFD said:

gpu prices are through the roof right now, pre builts aren't a bad option with that considered

1 minute ago, General Winter said:

gpu prices are through the roof right now, pre builts aren't a bad option with that considered

for that budget a 1050 is good and those havent been affected

24 minutes ago, c00lFD said:

for that budget a 1050 is good and those havent been affected

thats stupid, i literally posted a pre-built, for $650 you get all of this (including a 1060 which dwarfs a 1050)

26 minutes ago, General Winter said:

Intel Core i5-8400 Six-core Coffee Lake CPU (up to 4GHz Turbo)

8GB DDR4, 1TB HDD, Wired Keyboard + Mouse 

802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, Polar Blue LED Illumination

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB GDDR5 Graphics, 6x USB 3.1

its actually a waste of money to make your own machine at this point in time due to miners destroying the gpu market; but they won't buy an entire machine for just the gpu (prices aren't that insane) so for the average consumer it would make indefinitely more sense to get a pre built machine since economically pre-builts are less expensive than completely custom rigs and you can still add ram and other things as needed like on a custom rig