What would you like seen a reality in years to come?

Xander Cousins

As the Title explain I'm curious on what people would like to become a reality in the years to come, I myself being someone that loves tinkering with house hold appliances and other sh** am curious on what all people think should become reality. 

I know a common one for majority of people is for Sustainable Power source and healthier traveling alternatives. 

My own personal desire is a working Iron Man suit (Flight wise).

My thought is what causes most people to crash when trying to sustain hover is the movement of your centre of gravity, Which in return causes the wild rotations or humorous face plants of people attempting it. So if you could create a suit that would correct or adjust to maintain you centre of gravity while traversing it theory you could sustain flight. 

By this I would mean it would require Gryo's plus a substance that could be moved to other parts of the suit with quick succession but also to the point where it isn't noticed by the user. in short you would need the propulsion on a different area of your body rather than the Feet and Hands (Still usable for stabilisation need though). 

Anyway I'll most likely talk further about this in later posts but what would you like to see become reality 

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

Full augmented VR. Because why not. I dont see VR stopping just yet at a simple headset. Idk how they are supposed to get it to work, but i assume using some sort of microwave tech.

Cant wait tl see how EA is going to screw it up with microtransactions

Just now, GoldenLag said:

Full augmented VR. Because why not. I dont see VR stopping just yet at a simple headset. Idk how they are supposed to get it to work, but i assume using some sort of microwave tech.

Cant wait tl see how EA is going to screw it up with microtransactions

Constant Floating adds around your face when you stand still.

My thing on Full VR is that a link between the rig your using and your Nerves will have to be made. Doing so wouldn't be a huge problem but the safety side is the main issue. Prolong use could cause damage to the extentive contact of small radio waves along with the fact that you would need to REMOVE the nerve signal from ever reaching that body part to prevent you walking out your room and falling down stairs or walking into walls etc. 

So to make it feasible they would need to connect to the Nerves in your spine that would then be converted into an response for the device to do while in return sending a 'false' signal. The huge problem with this is Converting Nerve signals into ones computers can read ain't hard as shown by some prosthetics but to Cancel the signal without causing the user harm is an issue along with the fact that if the user is removed abruptly a surge could happen causing damage or even paralysation if the device is not made correctly

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

1 minute ago, Alex Colson said:

Constant Floating adds around your face when you stand still.

My thing on Full VR is that a link between the rig your using and your Nerves will have to be made. Doing so wouldn't be a huge problem but the safety side is the main issue. Prolong use could cause damage to the extentive contact of small radio waves along with the fact that you would need to REMOVE the nerve signal from ever reaching that body part to prevent you walking out your room and falling down stairs or walking into walls etc. 

So to make it feasible they would need to connect to the Nerves in your spine that would then be converted into an response for the device to do while in return sending a 'false' signal. The huge problem with this is Converting Nerve signals into ones computers can read ain't hard as shown by some prosthetics but to Cancel the signal without causing the user harm is an issue along with the fact that if the user is removed abruptly a surge could happen causing damage or even paralysation if the device is not made correctly

Spine plantations will probably be a common thing in the future do to medical examination and other uses like surgury without "painkillers" (i dont remember the correct word). Another thing which must be in place is that if it crashes it doesnt decide to do random things with the spine implant. 

EA will probably charge real life money for everything, or you can grind and get a sence of accomplishment after reaching level 80 and then unlocking in game credits

Just now, GoldenLag said:

Spine plantations will probably be a common thing in the future do to medical examination and other uses like surgury without "painkillers" (i dont remember the correct word). Another thing which must be in place is that if it crashes it doesnt decide to do random things with the spine implant.

I'm not so sure about the Spine plantations as some people will refuse it as due to wanting to improve your body meaning your no longer Human. So have a permanent connection to the spine for any device to use I would be against as well.  Which leaves if it is to be if done in the next 5-10 yrs then it would have to be something that rests on the skin of your neck and 'Hyjacks' the nerve signals that way. so if a sudden crash the device should immediately lock/close the connection among this it also depend on realism if they want to precieve pain among the Vr but that could lead to Phantom pain issues where someone gets a limb removed in Vr but senses it while IRL

27 minutes ago, Alex Colson said:

-snip-

My own personal desire is a working Iron Man suit (Flight wise). 

-snip-

To make it work the main issue is fuel. Fuel is heavy and hard to store while being accesible to engines. I could see it work with some sort of fusion device thay will wither give power or power a nuclear turbojet by heating air and pushing it out (this has been tested i believe or at least is a concept). Another thing is that the intire suit must be lockable to restrict movement during flight. To stabelize you would need RCS thrusters to provide low speed control and control surfaces at higher speed. The controlsurfaces must be rotatable wings to allow control at supersonic speed so they dont lock up. 

5 minutes ago, Alex Colson said:

I'm not so sure about the Spine plantations as some people will refuse it as due to wanting to improve your body meaning your no longer Human. So have a permanent connection to the spine for any device to use I would be against as well.  Which leaves if it is to be if done in the next 5-10 yrs then it would have to be something that rests on the skin of your neck and 'Hyjacks' the nerve signals that way. so if a sudden crash the device should immediately lock/close the connection among this it also depend on realism if they want to precieve pain among the Vr but that could lead to Phantom pain issues where someone gets a limb removed in Vr but senses it while IRL

Implants will probably become a thing, but as you suggested a wearable on your neck could be fecable. Phantom pain is something that is hard to get right. People probably will have tl have a slider to decide how much they want to feel. Yoy dont want the game tl have no feeling due to the lack of immersion and so fourth. It would be like playing one of those mediocre games where you never get the "feeling" of how to play it

fears:

- having a nightmare and then as you wake up you here "this nightmore was brought to you by squarespace! build your own..."

- further seperation of classes. but that i mean for example taxes on everything becoming so expensive that only the rich can afford it and still be rich and even the middle class starts to fight just to afford rent.

- technology going to far: meaning ai taking over or people messing with the human dna etc.

- war: all the media coverage about trump and putin and anything political recently really has gotten to me a little where i do think its at least not out of the question that one of these idiots might start something

hopes:

- sustainable energy: making nuclear reactors, cole power plants, deep drill platforms, and all that crap unneccessary 

- knowledge: meaning finding out more about our own history. antient artifacts offer more questions than answers there is so much we dont know about our own history that nobody seems to wonder about. 

- meeting e.t.: this kinda ties in with the point above where aliens that have visited earth before or have played a role in its history could probably tell us more about what happened. meeting other life forms would give us as humans maybe a new perspective and finally unite mankind so we can stp with our pitty differences.

and then theres the usual like flying cars, instant body fit pills, eternal life vacines and engineered catgirls legally ownable as pets :D 

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

26 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

engineered catgirls legally ownable as pets :D 

Ummm.... I Don't know weather to be excited or nervous you brought that up xD 

27 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

instant body fit pills

Wym by this, explain?

27 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

technology going to far: meaning ai taking over or people messing with the human dna etc.

Sadly I can see this as our current path we are walking with the way of Home assistants and Automated Cars. This is inevitable but can be restricted if done correctly. For example Have an AI not know it is one. Have it go through a stage or maturity where it learns how people are and creates a personality from that. Once you an AI with a personality/ Character introduce it to restricted but vast amount of information for general day queries and responses. This being I would recommend having an AI look through the eyes on the user in which it learns and creates its personality from your actions. and then I can decide what information it would deem worthy for your every day life. Example being if you are a inventor have it have knowledge on mechanical engineering, electronics etc. so it can go hey how about this it has been used but is outdated could work though.

The thing about what I would call splicing I would never agree to that. Augmentations and implants fine, But Changing someones DNA is well I just wouldn't accept that. Look how it ended for the people in Rapture on BioShock.

43 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Flying cars 

That all comes down to the method they would choose on how to create it. 

Have it be Air lifted, Magnetic reaction between the base of the vehicle and the ground to sustain float or strapping adjustable jet engines to the chassis to sustain flight (A lot of fuel it you ask me)  

41 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

instant body fit pills,

This is getting closer and closer but not with pills. CRISPR for instance can knock out obesity genes or introduce genes for faster metabolism or genes for bigger muscles. The problem is that it’s still in its infancy and could be a double edged sword. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 minute ago, Alex Colson said:

Ummm.... I Don't know weather to be excited or nervous you brought that up xD 

yeah i also had a feeling that might be a little risky

Wym by this, explain?

well exactly what it says. basically a pill you can take that corrects your bodys health like for example the effect you can see on spiderman the morning after the bite where now all of a sudden hes ripped and doesnt need his glasses anymore and so on.

For example Have an AI not know it is one.

ehh...i dont know about that. if we truly compare it to the mental development of children then the day it finds out about its own true nature might be like the day kids hear theyre adopted and it might throw a fit and destroy the world in an episode of teenage rebellion

The thing about what I would call splicing I would never agree to that. Augmentations and implants fine, But Changing someones DNA is well I just wouldn't accept that. Look how it ended for the people in Rapture on BioShock.

yes. but even augmentation is going to far for me. the moment you put like lets say an eletronic eye in your body youre giving a company power over your body. imagine microsoft would run your body os and made you do a mendatory restart for updates while youre running for your life or operation heavy machiniry. or apple would run your os and would downgrade the performance of your legs so you have to buy their newset model :D. i dont know i just wouldnt want to give some coorporation that kind of power over me.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

54 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

and then theres the usual like flying cars

19 minutes ago, Alex Colson said:

That all comes down to the method they would choose on how to create it. 

Have it be Air lifted, Magnetic reaction between the base of the vehicle and the ground to sustain float or strapping adjustable jet engines to the chassis to sustain flight (A lot of fuel it you ask me)  

Somehow this never made it to the news section, and I never got around writing the post myself, but:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/1/16961688/airbus-vahana-evtol-first-test-flight

31 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Somehow this never made it to the news section, and I never got around writing the post myself, but:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/1/16961688/airbus-vahana-evtol-first-test-flight

In my eyes I wouldn't see this as really a flying car due to the fact that it clunky. Having a base concept is great though secondly it mentions self-piloted so their was no one within the vehicle I'm assuming. which defeats the purpose yes you can make that vehicle fly but will it be able to sustain flight with people inside it, does this mean that their is a weight limit meaning fat people can't order one because it wont be able to take off? 

Making a vehicle fly isn't the hard part, its the sustained flight with passengers that is the problem, the problem when people start to move about if they are drunk etc. All these can affect the flight and if not using a gyro to read when it becomes unbalanced or sudden change in weight distribution then this can come back with major problems. 

1 hour ago, hey_yo_ said:

Flying cars 

If we're talking about mainstream flying cars that only requires the equivalent of a driver's license, then I surely hope not. Flying comes with a lot of responsibility; especially when it comes to in flight emergencies. Even if limited to just class G airspace (surface to 700ft or 1,200ft area depending), that's going to create a lot of congestion and potential hazards. We already have yahoos busting controlled airspace with their little drones, can't imagine if you gave them a car to fly around.

Aviation is also a slow moving industry. In 50 years, we're still going to be regularly flying airplanes from the 2000s-2010s just like we are flying 1960s-1970s airplanes now.

49 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

ehh...i dont know about that. if we truly compare it to the mental development of children then the day it finds out about its own true nature might be like the day kids hear they're adopted and it might throw a fit and destroy the world in an episode of teenage rebellion

True, Let me rephrase it then. It will know it's an AI but to make one effective for the user it need to be able to help in what they would class as general knowledge for themselves. So having this AI learn how you deal with people etc will in return help it learn what's appropriate to help you with and response to when guests come round.

For example if an AI was based on what I do on a general basis or interaction it would be Kind hearted to majority of people, Possibly shy and overthink what to say and well know that their is multiple sides to an argument. So in return this AI would know if something happened between two people that it wouldn't judge from the initial information it would see what lead up to these actions and remain neutral among both parties. If it see's someone down it will overthink before deciding to act to help out or depending on the issue comfort them . 

Making an AI that doesn't know how to interact with people is simply making a walking answer box really. 

From reading above most can already know what problems I have and tbh I don't care. I accept the issues that face me and will continue to. I See  others Happiness greater than my own, That due to my social anxiety or is it because I don't see myself worth having time wasted on. Which ever one I don't care all I know is aslong as the  other is smiling I done a good enough job 

@TopDollar So theirs nothing you would like to see be brought to reality among the up coming years? Fully automated Vehicles, Teleportation, time-travel etc. 

Oh the thing about Teleportation would be more Cloning in my sense. Two machines stored with the Molecules to animate a human, meaning you step in on chamber those molecules would be ripped apart and the second chamber would reconstruct you to the blueprint sent from the prior one. problem with this is Memory. easy round about way would be to have you mind downloaded and uploaded to the new animated body your in. Meaning this would potentially turn into Ghost in the Shell really. 

@GoldenLag Anyway the interesting thing about Full VR is safety procedures. Meaning a lot of things. the 'Rig' I'm calling it would require to be able to activate a failsafe measure disconnecting the user from the 'Rig'.

By this the device would need to notice what I have listed below;

Minor Dehydration

Hunger

Spike in HeartRate  - (In sense if Heart Attack, Anxiety etc)

Rapid drop in Heart rate - (thresh hold meaning lets say you fall under 50 BPM it would eject you)

Fatigue - Prevents the user from over extending himself

External - 

tampering of the 'Rig' while in use

insufficient power draw

rise in temperature

Carbon Monoxide detected

Basically it would have to be able to eject the User from the system when anything involving health becomes an issue. By this it would send the User into a partial AR where they can see their surroundings. If done due to Medical then it would request approval to go back in while displaying the reason you where pulled out. E.G elevated heart rate - This due to combat, fear or actually a medical condition. Would recommend to idle for 2-5minutes before returning to get a normal heart rate. But this all comes down to how realistic does the user want it to be. 

Going on about the Pain level I would say it can go from being Slapped to being shot (Through and through) Anything that would be classed as fatal or exceeding of this would be replaced by constant minor to major pain fluctuation which would kinda remove to worry of phantom limbs so to say but without removing the realism of it 

14 minutes ago, Alex Colson said:

True, Let me rephrase it then. It will know it's an AI but to make one effective for the user it need to be able to help in what they would class as general knowledge for themselves. So having this AI learn how you deal with people etc will in return help it learn what's appropriate to help you with and response to when guests come round.

For example if an AI was based on what I do on a general basis or interaction it would be Kind hearted to majority of people, Possibly shy and overthink what to say and well know that their is multiple sides to an argument. So in return this AI would know if something happened between two people that it wouldn't judge from the initial information it would see what lead up to these actions and remain neutral among both parties. If it see's someone down it will overthink before deciding to act to help out or depending on the issue comfort them . 

Making an AI that doesn't know how to interact with people is simply making a walking answer box really. 

From reading above most can already know what problems I have and tbh I don't care. I accept the issues that face me and will continue to. I See  others Happiness greater than my own, That due to my social anxiety or is it because I don't see myself worth having time wasted on. Which ever one I don't care all I know is aslong as the  other is smiling I done a good enough job 

yeah thats kind of my point too btw. if an ai learned from my personal behaviour it would completely avoid other people, be really akward in social situations and blurb out stuff that goes to far from time to time. i also wonder if it would get clinically depressed. it would be kinda fun seeing an ai like whats that sad robot called from hitchhikers guide to the galaxy. 

also it would objectify / over-sexualize woman and be very materialistic.

if we let an ai learn from people it would have to be like mother theresa or the pope or grandmas interacting with their grandchildren only.

2 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

yeah thats kind of my point too btw. if an ai learned from my personal behaviour it would completely avoid other people, be really akward in social situations and blurb out stuff that goes to far from time to time. i also wonder if it would get clinically depressed. it would be kinda fun seeing an ai like whats that sad robot called from hitchhikers guide to the galaxy. 

also it would objectify / over-sexualize woman and be very materialistic.

if we let an ai learn from people it would have to be like mother theresa or the pope or grandmas interacting with their grandchildren only.

I understand where your coming from on that but at the same time. this is a thought on how to make an AI so it could be that it learns your interests and compiles information based on your hobby or job sector. So all AI would have a static BASE personality which would be built onto with your interests. Bear in mind If I was to create them I would have a failsafe to ensure it doesn't compile anything that could cause possible terrorist attack to happen without leaving a seed for the 'Government to do something' 

Among this I want to go back to my thought of Single user flight (Iron man suit). Hands and Feet would be ideal areas for stabilisation thrusters. The Lower chest and Waist would be ideal area for primary thrusters as that is where your centre of gravity is based on. (I know it changes during flight). A gyro which will control multiple Compressed air stabilisers to ensure the plane or degree you flying at stays the same until human intervention. By this I mean the Gyro will stabilise if it thinks pilor has lost control of is performing outside limits. 

So for example if I was the fly straight up then bank myself and increase speed to where I the user would be experiencing mass amounts of G the stabilisers would bring it to a horizontal flight and reduce the output of main thrusters to prevent  pilot passing out.

The stabilizers in the hand and Feet are not primary boosters is due to how we react when about to impact something majority of people with put their hands out infront of them. Sensors will pickup on that and reduce speed of main thrusted while increasing palm thrusters until acceleration and speed is Zero or user has returned to the normal flight position. 

ATM What I see people failing at with self flight is the fact that all are based of movie fiction. Someone using Hands and Feet to fly. which is feasible with enough experience but impractical for an initial prototype concept 

Viable fusion power, so we can suck CO2 from the atmosphear and counteract global warming and make that CO2 into fuel or use hydrogen as our fuel, thats the main one.

full dive VR would also be dope

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

3D printable hookers from Bangbros. And then of course available on piratebay.

Ummmm... ehhhhh. that's kinda just creepy. no offense 

11 minutes ago, Alex Colson said:

Ummmm... ehhhhh. that's kinda just creepy. no offense 

You're probably right. I guess what do you do when you're done?