same question why no 144hz IPS monitors (1080P)

Zeketo

Now I understand that TN panel is much faster than the other panels in term of switching colors.

There're many 27inch 1440p IPS monitors that are 144hz, but why isn't there any  27inch 144hz 1080p IPS monitors.

Personally, I don't think 1ms or 4ms matters that much in terms of gaming, so the refresh rate and the panel are the only thing that I'm looking for.

It tried 1080p on 1440p monitors and it's not that great especially gaming.

I only gamed on 27inch, so I prefer to keep the same size

I just don't get why all those 27inch 144hz IPS monitors are 1440p.

IPS is considered a "higher end" feature. The high refresh rate 1080p monitors are considered "budget options." So I figure the extra cost of making a 1080p panel IPS increase the cost to the point where most people are going to just get a 1440p monitor. That's just what I figure. There's probably some marketing research on it by big companies that finds its not worth it.

ORANGE SCREEN WINDOWS 10 VALUE OVER TIME - PC VS MAC

Spoiler

i5 7600k @ 5.0 GHz xD

Corsair H60 with Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

MSI Z270-A Pro Motherboard

EVGA 1050 Ti SC

16 GB Corsair DDR4 @ 2400 MHz

500 GB Sandisk 950 PRO - Windows 10, Elementary OS, Zorin OS

500 GB Sandisk 850 PRO

1 TB WD Blue

Corsair CX750

1 x Corsair AF120 Quiet Red Led

Rosewell Tyrfing Case

Spoiler

EliteBook 8570w
i7 3720QM @ 2.6 GHz
Quadro K1000M
24 GB DDR3 @ 1600 MHz
250 GB SanDisk 850 EVO - Elementary OS, Windows 10, Debian

Spoiler

i5 3470 @ 3.2 GHz
EVGA 750 Ti SC
8 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz
240 GB SanDisk - Windows 10, Linux Mint

Probably because it's more expensive to produce, so the manufacturers would think it's logical to make these more expensive product, also the higher end product (so with a higher resolution), so the price bump compared to its competitors is less obvious.

Also, the response times matters for ghosting with 144Hz or over panels.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

IPS panels were initially geared toward content creation professionals who needed color accuracy.  These same professionals also demand higher resolutions.  1080p has never been a good workstation resolution, so majority of IPS production goes toward 1440p.  There is an exception though, laptops, tablets and smartphones.  Generally you can get a 1080p IPS screen on these devices because lower resolution offers better battery life.  TN panels on a laptop usually have way worse viewing angles than a full-size monitor, so going IPS makes sense there too.