Can LG 29UM69G change from horizontal to portrait physically?

laughinggg

Hi, after I bought LG 29" LG 29UM69G-B and used for a while. I realized that it would be nice if it can be changed from horizontal to portrait physically. I just bought it recently, I do not know whether it can align to portrait mode. Let me know if anyone experiences this. Thanks! 

6 minutes ago, laughinggg said:

Hi, after I bought LG 29" LG 29UM69G-B and used for a while. I realized that it would be nice if it can be changed from horizontal to portrait physically. I just bought it recently, I do not know whether it can align to portrait mode. Let me know if anyone experiences this. Thanks! 

well if your using windows its simple, try and rotate it, then go to your desktop, right click and screen resolution, then put it from landscape to portrait

MF UH BEANS

46 minutes ago, laughinggg said:

Not physically, no. If you get rid of the stand and get a monitor arm instead, you can align it for portrait mode and then change your Windows display settings accordingly.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

59 minutes ago, aries757 said:

well if your using windows its simple, try and rotate it, then go to your desktop, right click and screen resolution, then put it from landscape to portrait

In window setting, It is easy to change the setting but what I want to know it is about the stand of LG 29UM69G. Is it allow the user to align from horizontal to portrait without buying a new stand?

Just now, laughinggg said:

In window setting, It is easy to change the setting but what I want to know it is about the stand of LG 29UM69G. Is it allow the user to align from horizontal to portrait without buying a new stand?

i am not sure, if you currently own it, couldn't you just try?

MF UH BEANS

20 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Not physically, no. If you get rid of the stand and get a monitor arm instead, you can align it for portrait mode and then change your Windows display settings accordingly.

So, can you suggest me some of the monitor arms on Amazon or elsewhere?

1 minute ago, aries757 said:

i am not sure, if you currently own it, couldn't you just try?

With the original stand, it likely, not able to align from horizontal to vertical. 

Just now, laughinggg said:

With the original stand, it likely, not able to align from horizontal to vertical. 

then you would need an external stand, depending on whether wall or desk mounted it uses a 100x100 vesa mount

MF UH BEANS

2 minutes ago, aries757 said:

then you would need an external stand, depending on whether wall or desk mounted it uses a 100x100 vesa mount

Would you link share the link to those mounts? I have no experience in all of these. 

1 minute ago, laughinggg said:

Would you link share the link to those mounts? I have no experience in all of these. 

i will try and find some that can be portrait, do you want wall or desk mounted?

MF UH BEANS

1 minute ago, aries757 said:

i will try and find some that can be portrait, do you want wall or desk mounted?

Desk mount will be perfect. Thanks mate

2 minutes ago, laughinggg said:

Desk mount will be perfect. Thanks mate

this should do https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAB715V90971&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Accessories+-+Monitors-_-9SIAB715V90971&gclid=Cj0KCQiAwp_UBRD7ARIsAMie3XZO3M6hbIn3ZMdnDSdS1Ee3YlJz7HQs42JRQbe4WQ2M1eg-QkWOXvMaAnUnEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

normally it would be cheaper but most mounts only can fit a 27 inch monitor... or a 30, this is one of two i found that fits a 32

MF UH BEANS

4 minutes ago, aries757 said:

This one is perfectly fit to my LG monitor, I just checked the backside of the monitor and it has 4 screws hole same as the mount. I appreciate your help mate, now I had an idea to fix my setup.

7 minutes ago, laughinggg said:

This one is perfectly fit to my LG monitor, I just checked the backside of the monitor and it has 4 screws hole same as the mount. I appreciate your help mate, now I had an idea to fix my setup.

no problem, message me if you need anymore help

MF UH BEANS

3 minutes ago, aries757 said:

no problem, message me if you need anymore help

I will have a good day mate.