Joining the Marines, need a good laptop for gaming while at Bootcamp

So I've just joined the US Marines, and I'm looking for a laptop / potentially a small form factor desktop setup that I can have with me on base so I can play games in my free time. Looking for something that I could comfortably run PUBG, Overwatch, etc. on.

Thanks.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

budget?

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

budget?

I'm getting a pretty big signing bonus so really nothings off the table. Looking for something ideally slim / portable but powerful and won't die in the South Carolina summer.

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

2 minutes ago, Pangea2017 said:

Are you allowed to have one? In many armys they are forbiden until you finish basic training.

I've been told I won't have access for the first 13 weeks, but that's fine. I could always wait until after to pick one up but I'd like to perhaps grab one and keep it in storage.

Unless things have changed in recent years, they should be confiscating your electronics until its over.

Edit: Ninja'd

IMO get a new Thinkpad with TB3+eGPU

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

I would wait until you’re actually allowed to use it. Waiting for new hardware is never a bad idea and we should be seeing the full fledged 8th gen CPUs coming in or more Ryzen laptops, since you seem to like core count :P 

That's an F in the profile pic