Best Mac laptop

Just asking your opinion on the best Mac laptop for a student. 

5 minutes ago, Brettyboo said:

Just asking your opinion on the best Mac laptop for a student. 

The last generation MacBook Pro retina if you're doing programming. Air for practically anything else. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Depends on your needs. If you're doing web based things, get a regular MacBook. If you are doing anything else more cpu heavy, go with a MacBook pro

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

as always, it kind of also depends of how much you want to spend

My Gaming PC: 27833

16 minutes ago, AT0MAC said:

as always, it kind of also depends of how much you want to spend

Price wouldn't matter

Just now, Technicolors said:

depends on what you're planning on using it for

General school use

1 hour ago, Brettyboo said:

Price wouldn't matter

Then buy the highest configured MacBook Pro you can afford, since you can't upgrade later. Most mobile devices, including non-Apple laptops, are designed to be thrown away when they become "outdated" anyway, so I'd buy a MacBook "Pro" with at least 16GB RAM and a 512GB NVMe drive at the minimum for school or business use.

Although I'd strongly encourage you to buy a real MacBook Pro, aka Dell's XPS 15 9560, so you can actually use it for professional purposes later without carrying around a bag of dongles. That being said, if you have no use for an SD card slot or HDMI output, and you need or prefer using MacOS, then just go for the MacBook and enjoy it.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 hour ago, kirashi said:

Then buy the highest configured MacBook Pro you can afford, since you can't upgrade later. Most mobile devices, including non-Apple laptops, are designed to be thrown away when they become "outdated" anyway, so I'd buy a MacBook "Pro" with at least 16GB RAM and a 512GB NVMe drive at the minimum for school or business use.

Although I'd strongly encourage you to buy a real MacBook Pro, aka Dell's XPS 15 9560, so you can actually use it for professional purposes later without carrying around a bag of dongles. That being said, if you have no use for an SD card slot or HDMI output, and you need or prefer using MacOS, then just go for the MacBook and enjoy it.

I've never used MacOS, I just thought that it may be easy to learn. I definitely wouldn't want the dongles with it. But I'm a fairly basic user so I don't need anything of the highest rank, but I'm looking for something that I won't have to worry about upgrading for a while.

9 hours ago, Brettyboo said:

I've never used MacOS, I just thought that it may be easy to learn. I definitely wouldn't want the dongles with it. But I'm a fairly basic user so I don't need anything of the highest rank, but I'm looking for something that I won't have to worry about upgrading for a while.

i guess you are used to windows then?

to me that would make way more sense as you usually get better specs for the same amount of money and also can avoid the dongle nightmare on most windows laptops.

as you might know there is no such thing as future proofing tech, so get the best laptop within your budget and call it a day.

if you are a student there might even be deals to take because of that, like dell or microsoft or other bigger retailers sometimes have specific student discounts, take advantage of that

EDIT: Like look at this one here, looks like a pretty good deal to me

My Gaming PC: 27833