Youtube Stutter when full screen while playing game, Dual Monitor (240hertz & 60hertz)

Hello Everyone,
I'm having major issues and i cannot figure out what is the cause. 
For example, im playing wow on monitor #1, then i play a youtube video on monitor #2. 

IF the youtube video is full screen, it stutters and is choppy, and sometimes WoW also freezes and stutters. 

IF the youtube plays not full screen it plays normal. 

I have no idea what is causing this, some things ive read it could be windows doesnt like 2 monitors with different hertz? 

System Specs:
Browser: Chrome
Monitor 1: ASUS ROG Swift PG248Q - 240hertz - 1920x1080 (Display Port)
Monitor 2: Acer S231HL 60hertz - 1920x1080 (DVI)
MOBO: ASROG Maximus IX Hero
CPU: Intel i7 7700k OC @ 4.8Ghz
Video Card: Nvidia 1060 6GB - Gsync on for Fullscreen & windowed mode 
RAM: 16GB 3200
HDD: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB x2

UPDATE:
Someone told me that windows needs to have the monitors have hertz that are multiple of each other.

So i changed Monitor #2 to a 144hertz monitor, and set it to 120hertz, and left monitor #1 to 240 hertz. 

Opened WoW on Monitor #1 and opened youtube full screen on Monitor #2. 

The game is stuttering none stop and freezing and the video is playing with some stuttering.

so that does not seem to be a fix at all.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

NVIDIA Control Panel - Global Settings - V-Sync OFF

Restart PC or applications

Also, you may experience issues if you play games in Windowed/Borderless mode with G-Sync/Free-Sync while there is video running on other lower Hz monitor, in that case, use Full Screen for the game as there is no other fix.

I've noticed that you can get stuttering in-game with dual monitors if you're playing a video or something animated on the second monitor while your game is in borderless-fullscreen on the primary monitor. The stutter won't be shown on any FPS counter. It's literally only a visual issue, not a performance issue.

I have only experienced this when the monitors have different refresh rates. My setup is 144 + 60. If I set them both to 60, the stuttering goes away, but if I set the primary monitor back to 144 I get stuttering when something is playing on the secondary monitor.

However, if the game is in exclusive-fullscreen on the primary monitor, it won't stutter. The stutter I experience is only when the game is in borderless-fullscreen.

I have no idea what causes it either, only that it happens when the monitors have differing refresh rates.

Current Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D

GPU: RTX 3080 Ti FE

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Tuf X570 Plus Wifi

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X53

PSU: EVGA G6 Supernova 850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite

Current Laptop:

Model: Asus ROG Zephyrus G14

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900HS

GPU: RTX 3060

RAM: 16GB @3200 MHz

Old PC:

CPU: Intel i7 8700K @4.9 GHz/1.315v

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A

Thanks for the quick responses guys.

I just followed this video - 

Ran the Ultimate Windows Tweaker and disabled all of the privacy options, rebooted, and testing now and it looks to have fixed the issue. 
Running wow full screen border-less with youtube full screen and i am not getting any stuttering anymore. 

• 10 months later...

I know this is old but I'm seeing this on my new Ryzen build. 

I run Vivaldi but regardless of the browser posting video in the second display whilst playing a game full screen causes video to stutter occasionally. Interestingly though the stutters don't seem to relate to any CPU or GPU utilisation spiked. 

Any further ideas? I did try Ultimate Tweaker but this has had no effect

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2018 at 3:21 PM, CeePeeBee said:

I know this is old but I'm seeing this on my new Ryzen build. 

I run Vivaldi but regardless of the browser posting video in the second display whilst playing a game full screen causes video to stutter occasionally. Interestingly though the stutters don't seem to relate to any CPU or GPU utilisation spiked. 

Any further ideas? I did try Ultimate Tweaker but this has had no effect

Hey! Just registered in this forum to answer this question. I don't know your GPU, but mine is from AMD and I only had to disable this setting in the picture. It should work for team red, blue or green, disabling any kind of sync feature. I figure that out after the post from 

On 2/15/2018 at 2:42 AM, WereCat said:

NVIDIA Control Panel - Global Settings - V-Sync OFF

In case anyone else stumble upon this, hopefully this helps.

sync feature.png

4 hours ago, RRRRRRaaaf said:

Hey! Just registered in this forum to answer this question. I don't know your GPU, but mine is from AMD and I only had to disable this setting in the picture. It should work for team red, blue or green, disabling any kind of sync feature. I figure that out after the post from 

In case anyone else stumble upon this, hopefully this helps.

sync feature.png

It does work, yes. But it will introduce all sorts of nasty tearing even when outside of games, just watching videos. 

Hi all, thanks for the replies. Turns out it was Adobe Flash requiring an update after my new build...works fine now with Hardware Acceleration off.

12 minutes ago, CeePeeBee said:

Hi all, thanks for the replies. Turns out it was Adobe Flash requiring an update after my new build...works fine now with Hardware Acceleration off.

Easy enough.  Nice find and fix

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"