Is the XBOX 360 worth it????

So I live in India and the Xbox One X or the S or any tech item is miserably overpriced for that matter. The Xbox One X 1TB is 699$.

So I was wondering whether I could get a used Xbox 360 in good shape and run through with it for a year or two.

I haven't gamed much on a console unless you count playing MarioKart on Wii something. I hope to play a few games on the Xbox like HALO, Forza and FIFA 18 maybe, COD. I probably will use it for YouTube and Prime Video too nothing else. I don't need 4K video or games since 4K TVs are (you guessed it) expensive here.

So just for these needs should I get a brand new Xbox 360 E 4GB console and add a external HDD or should I hunt for a used 500GB one(new ones are unavailable). Can I use the Hard Drive for other purposes like PC backup as well as for the Xbox. Will it affect performance? 

Also I wanted to know how much I can pay for a brand new one?? I also observed that the Xbox One wireless controller has a audio jack so is it possible to use it with the Xbox 360?? Or can i use a USB wireless adapter and use a pair of Wireless headphones via the USB port??

Also how long can I expect games to keep coming out for the Xbox 360 and can I play games without downloading them to the HDD from a disc??

Should I consider the Xbox One S??

the Xbox 360 is very, very outdated. my old unit has trouble even playing the easiest of new-ish games.

definitely, always get a Xbox one over the 360 if the option is there. if not, save up some more untill you can get a xbox one.

6 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

the Xbox 360 is very, very outdated. my old unit has trouble even playing the easiest of new-ish games.

definitely, always get a Xbox one over the 360 if the option is there. if not, save up some more untill you can get a xbox one.

After the Wii anything seems snappy and I just want it for random entertainment not much gaming but still I will try to wait and buy the Xbox One S. Thanks for the quick answer. How much should I pay for a 2 week to 2 month old Xbox One S 1 TB in packaging??

Just now, Tarun10 said:

After the Wii anything seems snappy and I just want it for random entertainment not much gaming but still I will try to wait and buy the Xbox One S. Thanks for the quick answer. How much should I pay for a 2 week to 2 month old Xbox One S 1 TB in packaging??

Check with your local used site deals. We do not live in India so hard to tell the price

SPECS: Intel Core i5-4460 // PowerColor Red Dragon RX 480 4GB // 1x8GB DDR3 RAM // Delta 500AB-6A PSU // HyperX Cloud Stinger / Logitech G710+ / Logitech G502 / Xbox One Halo Guardian controller // LG 24M45H 1080p // 

How to cope with depression

Spoiler free review of Life is Strange (Video Game)

How about regular PS4 with much better exclusives like Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted, The Last of Us...

SPECS: Intel Core i5-4460 // PowerColor Red Dragon RX 480 4GB // 1x8GB DDR3 RAM // Delta 500AB-6A PSU // HyperX Cloud Stinger / Logitech G710+ / Logitech G502 / Xbox One Halo Guardian controller // LG 24M45H 1080p // 

How to cope with depression

Spoiler free review of Life is Strange (Video Game)

I think the 360 and PS3 still hold up pretty well today, and they both have huge gaming libraries. I personally think PS3 is better for the exclusives like Persona 5, The Last of Us, Uncharted 1-3, Shadow of the Colossus, Dragon's Crown, Demon's Souls, etc, though for multiplatform games the 360 is usually better. For instance, Red Dead Redemption is night and day better on 360 than on PS3 (I have it on both consoles and 360 has much better resolution and better framerate). You're not going to see new games for each in 2018 other than the occasional FIFA or PES game. I wouldn't pay more than 1/3 the cost of a PS4/XB1 for last gen hardware though.

Also, if you buy a 360, do not under any circumstance buy one of the old white ones. Those are the ones that get the red ring of death and these models have a failure rate of around 50%. I'm on my fourth 360 and my brother went through five of them since we both got the early models not too long after launch.

2 hours ago, Tarun10 said:

Should I consider the Xbox One S??

No, look at the games you want to play first. Then look on what console they are.

You don't go just buying a console and worry about the games later!!

But with what you told us so far, you don't seem like the console person right now...

I think you should take a look at the game libarys of those consoles right now and then come back after you've done that...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

On 2/12/2018 at 9:01 AM, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Also, if you buy a 360, do not under any circumstance buy one of the old white ones. Those are the ones that get the red ring of death and these models have a failure rate of around 50%. I'm on my fourth 360 and my brother went through five of them since we both got the early models not too long after launch.

FYI the OG Xbox 360 Arcade had many hardware revisions, the most recent being the 150Watt Jasper model. The original 200Watt Xenon models are very prone to failure, and the 175Watt Falcon model has a revised and more efficient CPU, so they don't normally fail unless you do marathon runs with them. But the 150Watt Jasper is just as reliable as the Slim and (E) variants. There have been no reported red rings on Jasper units.

The only real way to tell the units apart from each other is to look at their power supply. 203Watt: Xenon. 175Watt: Falcon. 150Watt: Jasper.

But the Slim and (E) models are still better options because they have built in wi-fi. You'll have to get a wireless adapter or use ethernet to go online with any of the Arcade models.

41 minutes ago, GloriousGaston said:

But the Slim and (E) models are still better options because they have built in wi-fi. You'll have to get a wireless adapter or use ethernet to go online with any of the Arcade models.

And you can just whack in some 2,5" Harddrives with some hacks of course...

You don't need the original microsoft ones...

I think only WD Drives are compatible with the hack tool to make them work in the 360...

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:19 PM, deXxterlab97 said:

Check with your local used site deals. We do not live in India so hard to tell the price

Only one problem. The only local sites are Amazon, Ebay, Quikr, OLX all of which have shit pricing on consoles or anything tech for that matter. A used console is almost as expensive as a new one on amazon or even more sometimes.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:25 PM, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I think the 360 and PS3 still hold up pretty well today, and they both have huge gaming libraries. I personally think PS3 is better for the exclusives like Persona 5, The Last of Us, Uncharted 1-3, Shadow of the Colossus, Dragon's Crown, Demon's Souls, etc, though for multiplatform games the 360 is usually better. For instance, Red Dead Redemption is night and day better on 360 than on PS3 (I have it on both consoles and 360 has much better resolution and better framerate). You're not going to see new games for each in 2018 other than the occasional FIFA or PES game. I wouldn't pay more than 1/3 the cost of a PS4/XB1 for last gen hardware though.

Thanks a lot. Very useful but I don't know about much about PC or console gaming. I have not played a single shooter only FIFA 14 AND 18. So, I don't mind any exclusives and also the fact that I can use the Xbox controller and games on my Windows PC is very enticing.

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 2:21 AM, Stefan Payne said:

And you can just whack in some 2,5" Harddrives with some hacks of course...

You don't need the original microsoft ones...

I think only WD Drives are compatible with the hack tool to make them work in the 360...

Thanks but can I do this on the E version????

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 1:39 AM, GloriousGaston said:

FYI the OG Xbox 360 Arcade had many hardware revisions, the most recent being the 150Watt Jasper model. The original 200Watt Xenon models are very prone to failure, and the 175Watt Falcon model has a revised and more efficient CPU, so they don't normally fail unless you do marathon runs with them. But the 150Watt Jasper is just as reliable as the Slim and (E) variants. There have been no reported red rings on Jasper units.

The only real way to tell the units apart from each other is to look at their power supply. 203Watt: Xenon. 175Watt: Falcon. 150Watt: Jasper.

That's way too detailed. I don't or probably wouldn't mind performance because I don't use any crazy hardware right now. I am aiming to get an E model because it's so much slimmer and nicer than the older generations. Also the arcade models are pretty much non existent in India even used versions.

3 minutes ago, Tarun10 said:

Thanks but can I do this on the E version????

I don't know.

I have a slim and for that you only need a compatible Harddrive (at the Time it had to be a western Digital. ANd so I whacked in a 250GB WD Black with 7200rpm).

For the slim you only need the harddrive though the HDD Case is recommended. And for the fat you need the HDD case.

Thanks for all your replies.

I am now wondering whether I would even game much once I get it so I think maybe I will get a streaming stick for my TV and manage. I don't need gaming much on a console especially since I don't have much time here in India in Grade 10. Maybe I will try for a used Xbox 360 E. Also will I get discounts if I purchase CDs online through Live??

1 minute ago, Stefan Payne said:

I don't know.

I have a slim and for that you only need a compatible Harddrive (at the Time it had to be a western Digital. ANd so I whacked in a 250GB WD Black with 7200rpm).

For the slim you only need the harddrive though the HDD Case is recommended. And for the fat you need the HDD case.

Thanks for the speedy reply. But I think the E does not have a switchable Hard Drive.

Maybe I will wait till I can get one of my friends to bring me a Xbox One S from USA.

52 minutes ago, Tarun10 said:

Thanks for the speedy reply. But I think the E does not have a switchable Hard Drive.

It does:

The One does not...

Ironic somehow...

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:47 PM, Stefan Payne said:

It does:

The One does not...

Ironic somehow...

Really woow that's cool and saves me a lot of time. I think it could provide a fun filled afternoon. But what about the OS do I have to copy it?? or is it on a separate drive??

1 hour ago, Tarun10 said:

Really woow that's cool and saves me a lot of time. I think it could provide a fun filled afternoon. But what about the OS do I have to copy it?? or is it on a separate drive??

I think that's on a seperate Flash.

At least its the way on my 360...

7 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

I think that's on a seperate Flash.

At least its the way on my 360...

Thanks once again then no problem. Xbox here I  come......