R5 2400G overwatch?

Gyuwona

Hey guys

Im planning to a budget build for my cousin, I pretty much have everything else figured out except for the cpu,

I was gonna get him a r3 1200 with a gt 1030 but I saw that vega 11 on the 2400g would be a better deal;

So guys, will the vega 11 be nuff' for overwatch @ 1080p? or should I get some other gpu like a 960? (10 series and 970/80s are too expensive rn)

my overall budget is around 500$

Ryzen 5 1600, Gigabyte AB350N Gaming-WiFi, 16GB GeiL @ 2133Mhz,GTX 980 Founders Edition, NZXT Manta White,SuperFlower 500W GOLD, 120+1TB

HELPFUL LINKS; PSU Tier List by @STRMfrmXMN GPU OC'ing Database by @Cobalt  Water Cooling 101 by @Gmac TEAM AMD & ATi & Nvidia

It should be enough for medium/high settings. No benchmarks yet AFAIK, but it should be close to a 1050

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

I don't think benchmarks are out officially for the ryzen APUs?

4 minutes ago, Gyuwona said:

Hey guys

Im planning to a budget build for my cousin, I pretty much have everything else figured out except for the cpu,

I was gonna get him a r3 1200 with a gt 1030 but I saw that vega 11 on the 2400g would be a better deal;

So guys, will the vega 11 be nuff' for overwatch @ 1080p? or should I get some other gpu like a 960? (10 series and 970/80s are too expensive rn)

my overall budget is around 500$

What I have seen (speculation no actual data) online is the R2400G Vega 11 should be somewhere between and 550 and 560 and should be fine for overwatch at medium settings

Just now, Himommies said:

Get a old optiplex with a i7 and slap in a 1050ti

I so wish I could but we dont have optiplexes in Korea, and he wants a new system so yeah..

I mean If I had access to any f yeah I would have done that, thanks tho

Ryzen 5 1600, Gigabyte AB350N Gaming-WiFi, 16GB GeiL @ 2133Mhz,GTX 980 Founders Edition, NZXT Manta White,SuperFlower 500W GOLD, 120+1TB

HELPFUL LINKS; PSU Tier List by @STRMfrmXMN GPU OC'ing Database by @Cobalt  Water Cooling 101 by @Gmac TEAM AMD & ATi & Nvidia

Just now, RorzNZ said:

I don't think benchmarks are out officially for the ryzen APUs?

It should be between a 1030 and a 1050, according to quite reliable youtubers like gamer meld..

2 minutes ago, kalnick said:

What I have seen online is the R2400G Vega 11 should be somewhere between and 550 and 560 and should be fine for overwatch at medium settings

great to hear! now lets wait until the benchmarking embargo is lifted so we can confirm that :)

11 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

It should be enough for medium/high settings. No benchmarks yet AFAIK, but it should be close to a 1050

EDIT: Turns out I was wrong and the RX 550 is 8 CUs compared to the 11 of the 2400G. That in itself is theoretically 37.5% more performance, which I bet will be diminished by clockspeed.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

9 minutes ago, Gyuwona said:

I so wish I could but we dont have optiplexes in Korea,

Damn I was told that they exist littrealy evreywhere

My life

Just now, Himommies said:

Damn I was told that they exist littrealy evreywhere

well apparently we dont :P instead we have crappy old samsungs at ridiculous prices

3 minutes ago, Energycore said:

It's less CUs than the RX 560 (11 instead of 14/16), so shouldn't quite hit the 1050 mark. On the other hard it's only 1 more CU than the 550, so almost all improvements of this Vega chip compared to that are down to architecture. Hopefully it performs well but my target for it is a bit below 1050. Probably around R7 270 / GTX 950

Should I just get him a r3 1200 + gtx 960? it would be the same price as the 2400g where i live

Just now, Gyuwona said:

Should I just get him a r3 1200 + gtx 960? it would be the same price as the 2400g where i live

I was wrong with my first impression of how many CUs the RX 550 has.

Honestly, wait for reviews. They should be out tomorrow, so I see no reason not to wait for bench and make the decision then.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Overwatch 1080p medium 60+ FPS on 2400g. At all stock settings on 2666 ram so could be better with overcock and better ram. 

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

I was wrong with my first impression of how many CUs the RX 550 has.

Honestly, wait for reviews. They should be out tomorrow, so I see no reason not to wait for bench and make the decision then.

I thought I saw Bitwit had a review out for at least one of the Ryzen APUs, but I can't watch him so I didn't look too closely.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

There is one review on youtube, he ordered from amazon and got in early so wasn't under NDA, he did a 10 hour live stream yesterday and that is where I got the overwatch number. It even ran GTA V on 1080p and was very playable. He didn't have the right drivers so could be better with proper launch day drivers.

12 minutes ago, Energycore said:

EDIT: Turns out I was wrong and the RX 550 is 8 CUs compared to the 11 of the 2400G. That in itself is theoretically 37.5% more performance, which I bet will be diminished by clockspeed.

the rx 550 also has polaris CUs whild the 2400g has vega CUs

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

Just now, Thermosman said:

the rx 550 also has polaris CUs whild the 2400g has vega CUs

Yeah any performance increase over 35-ish percent will be due to architecture.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I thought I saw Bitwit had a review out for at least one of the Ryzen APUs, but I can't watch him so I didn't look too closely.

Since these are under embargo you might be talking about an A10/A12 APU, which are Excavator cores + pre-Vega graphics on AM4.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

25 minutes ago, Gyuwona said:

960 = 1050 ti, get it.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

I was able to play Overwatch on LOW 720p with overclocked Haswell iGPU at about 90FPS, you should be perfectly fine with the 2400G even at 1080p as it is supposed to have a lot more powerful iGPU.

EDIT:
Yep, this guy plays OW at 1080p Medium 60FPS with the 2400G

15 hours ago, Energycore said:

Since these are under embargo you might be talking about an A10/A12 APU, which are Excavator cores + pre-Vega graphics on AM4.

According to the thumbnail and title, Kyle said it was specifically a Ryzen APU, not an A-series chip. Again, I didn't look too closely.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Actual reviews are out.  Overwatch 1080p medium 60fps average is about where the R5 2400g lands.

Ive seen reviews and its supposedly getting 60fps average 1080p medium... A mild OC on it and giving it more vram (option in bios) along with letting it mature a bit over the next month or so and I'd say itll be a perfect exports chip for csgo, LoL and OW... Gaming with high or maxed settings 1080p with around 60 fps ...

So that'd work but you could go with your original plan or many alternatives like the above mentioned old i7 optiplex + gtx 1050

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

THe R3 and 960 would provide a much better experience. Heck you could probably still get better performance with an old 750TI. 

You have to remember what these chips are. They are budget solutions for people not wanting a discrete card or for laptop manufacturers to play with.

This is just their way of having something to compete with all of the i3-i7's in the laptop sector.