R5 2400G overwatch?

Gyuwona
2 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

My problem with using 1gb on the clients is that limites me to about 128MB of actual bandwidth, which is much lower than the capabilities of the SSD. I would prefer to make the bottleneck be the actual speed of the storage solution instead of my network speed.

Being a switch the pipelines to the client are going to be direct paths.. So the bottleneck on the network with 10gbe would be the connection from the server to the switch.

So clients would still get 10GBE from Nic to Switch, but then they would bottleneck on the connection from the switch to the server... which is why I am wanting to add more nics to increase the bandwidth available from switch to server.

If you add more NICs you need to either use NIC teaming or use different IP addresses for the shares on the clients.  Ideally you would use teaming as that handles the client/server shenanigans dynamically, but manually setting up the shares on the clients by IP would get you a similar result.  The latter just takes more time to setup properly.

Just now, KarathKasun said:

If you add more NICs you need to either use NIC teaming or use different IP addresses for the shares on the clients.  Ideally you would use teaming as that handles the client/server shenanigans dynamically, but manually setting up the shares on the clients by IP would get you a similar result.  The latter just takes more time to setup properly.

Yes, teaming is definitely the plan. As in the event of expansion it will require no additional setup. Plus it will give more of a load balanced scenario... instead of just sending X amount of traffic to each Nic.

Hello y'all

just signed up to the forums to post here. I got an r5 2400g for my mom's computer and been gaming on it for the past few days. How much performance you get is highly dependent on the memory setup you have. Dual channel is a must, and 2666+ is preferable. Performance is good in OW but there's a problem with stuttering in most games I've played. It would run fine for a while, 60+ fps and all that, and then it would just drop to 10-20 for half a second or so. Maybe a bios or a driver update is needed before that gets sorted out. If you can't get dual channel 2666+ memory then I wouldn't recommend this over the ryzen 1200 + gt 1030. The performance would probably be better with the discrete card since it wouldn't be dependent on your memory speed, and you won't experience the weird stuttering that occurs (even though that should be sorted with bios/driver updates soon).