Secondhand DT770's?

Wauthar

Hi all!

I was browsing ebay.nl to see if the Beyerdynamic DT770 were listed there. I am in the market for a headphone upgrade.

There is this guy who is offering his 770's for €89 + €25 shipping from Italy. The normal price here in the Netherlands is €145 and up.

My question: should I go for it? The description says it has a few scratches from using it, but the overall quality is in "great condition".

EDIT: Looking at what I wrote just here, it seems like a no-brainer. Just want to be sure, since I never bought internationally before :mellow:

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

I think its just me but i wouldnt buy things you actually wear second hand unless it costs way less than half of the original price. And right niw your saving 41 bucks. Also, you never know if the guys understanding of "great condition" is the same as yours ^^

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

no, dont do it. they are used and they have taken the shape of previous owners head, so they would be uncomfotrable for you. and also, who doesnt like new and shiny headphones?

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

no, dont do it. they are used and they have taken the shape of previous owners head, so they would be uncomfotrable for you. and also, who doesnt like new and shiny headphones?

I know, but stuff's expensive, yo ;)

You're probably right, though.

I know, but stuff's expensive, yo ;)

You're probably right, though.

Its only a bit more for new ones. Not worth to get old ones in this case.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

IF you're going to get them, make sure there's still have warranty on them, I don't see if there is any problem if the warranty is still there. Just promise that the warranty doesn't die before your secondhand headphone die. :)

I think its just me but i wouldnt buy things you actually wear second hand unless it costs way less than half of the original price. And right niw your saving 41 bucks. Also, you never know if the guys understanding of "great condition" is the same as yours ^^

I buy all of my headphones used. I've never had a problem with them.

Lmao, headphones don't take shape to your head unless it's memory foam and even then, it goes back to normal after a few minutes. Shiny new headphones cost 25-75% more than used prices so no, I don't like new headphones.

and after a while of use the earcups will conform to your ears its not like foam locks into one shape forever. 

the beyers like the 770 have all pieces that can be replaced with their modular construction 

you save a few bucks and get a good sound. do it.

also there should be little stigma with used headphones. just imagine how many heads the 770's in this video have been on in a studio situation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mGYPj7nh6Y#t=145

I love used audio gear, and after I started buying used, I don't think I'll go back to buying new anytime soon.

as far as the fit goes, if the pads are worn down, just buy a new pair.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

I don't see why not, used headphones aren't bad unless they're damaged etc. Some of my headphones are bought used from ebay/head-fi and they sounded great.

I bought some used "open box" DT990's on eBay, but I'm pretty sure they were actually new. Don't tell Beyerdynamic.

Well f*ck, do I feel stupid. Just realised it was a timed auction and now time is over :(

Too bad, but is sucks. :(