Modi 2 Uber and Magni 3 or Sound BlasterX AE-5?

Sabir
Go to solution Solved by Dackzy,
7 hours ago, Sabir said:

But if modi 2 uber + magni 3 is available in my country i would definitely buy it because just like he explained @Dackzy . So i recommend you if you want to buy go for modi 2 uber and magni 3.Before I heard it from few people they choose modi 2 uber+magni 3 over sound card. And i heard sound card can be mess up with some hardware electricity distortion etc and make it noise when you heard music etc. It can be bother you. But i think it's depending on motherboard if you have bad mobo then in can be happene. Which problem is you don't need to worry about modi 2 uber and magni 3. @PrometheanCat2

well it depends on more than your mobo, you other compoments also affects it. The main thing is the PSU, if that is low quality and can't send out clean power, then I can basically gurantee you that you get noise.

The thing is if you sit with like HD 558 or 598, then the difference between modi+magni vs AE5 will be very minimal, if it is there at all, the difference becomes bigger with k612 and then bigger again with HD600 and bigger again with HD 800. 

If you use the modi you will need a headphone amp, such as the magni. If you don't use the modi then it's best not to use a magni with the analogue output from a laptop.

5 hours ago, anothertom said:

If you use the modi you will need a headphone amp, such as the magni. If you don't use the modi then it's best not to use a magni with the analogue output from a laptop.