Problem with Watercooling, need Help please!

Hello guys, 

First my PC stats: 
Gtx 1080 Ti (MSI Gaming X)
Intel i7 8700K 
And both are Watercooled with Phanteks Glacier Waterblocks

So here is my Problem.... I have 2 Water Systems with an Alphacool Res and Pump combo
I have Two Rads with Corsair SP 120 in Push/Pull config
The rads are the thick 480 Rads from EK and my problem is that the gpu gets hotter and hotter in gaming, it seems like the rad is not cooling it down at all. The Rad gets hot only on the bottom were the in and outlets are
Im testing the same with my cpu and there are no major Problems 65°C with Prime
Gpu ist getting over 70 and more

Any suggestions what i can do?

Are both the in and outlet on the same side? Like, both at the bottom or top? Because you should do different ends of the Radiator so the water can flow, if you have them side to side, the water just comes out of one and into the other without going through the radiator, thus being unable to cool itself.

Just now, Miguel552 said:

Are both the in and outlet on the same side? Like, both at the bottom or top? Because you should do different ends of the Radiator so the water can flow, if you have them side to side, the water just comes out of one and into the other without going through the radiator, thus being unable to cool itself.

Hello i have them Side to side same as on the cpu but i can go to the other side or the top. I dont have connections on the top and on the other side i have the Problem that i hit the wall of the case 

Btw my CPU goes down to 27 very quick after turning off Prime 

27 minutes ago, Azsheran said:

Hello i have them Side to side same as on the cpu but i can go to the other side or the top. I dont have connections on the top and on the other side i have the Problem that i hit the wall of the case 

Btw my CPU goes down to 27 very quick after turning off Prime 

Pictures of your loop will help identify any issues.

Is it maybe because the Rad has in and outlet on the bottom and raises upwards? 
it really feels like the Rad is only getting water trough the In and outlet and not between the fins at all

IMG_20180203_165200[1].jpg

IMG_20180203_165125[1].jpg

IMG_20180203_165119[1].jpg

27 minutes ago, Azsheran said:

Is it maybe because the Rad has in and outlet on the bottom and raises upwards? 
it really feels like the Rad is only getting water trough the In and outlet and not between the fins at all

Rads with the ports in the bottom are fine, provided you sufficiently tilted the case during bleeding. Still studying the pictures, will post if I find anything.

May have a lot of air left in it. Unless there’s some blockage that made it though. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Stupid quesiton, but is the pump working? I know you managed to fill it so it must have worked at least in the beginning, but still worth checking again. Otherwise I join the rest, mabye an airbubble stuck somewhere.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

Couldn' find anything super obvious. Provided that the pump is running and the system is bled of air, then usually it comes down to fault assembly of the GPU blokc.

You can try if squeezing the block on the die changes the temps in case there is poor contact. Otherwise a full disassembly of the GPU block with pictures on the way will help. thermal paste spread, thermal pad placement etc.

Likes others have said its 3 things a huge air bubble in a rad,The pumps not working or the gpu block wasn't installed right.

There is a possibility of waterblock blockage

Are these pumps pwm? How are they connected to the mobo or some pwm controller

in order to bleed the system you need to setup the pump to its max speed

connect pwm wire to constant 5v (red wire on molex connector)

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop

Hello Guys i found the problem, I have Unmounted the rad of the fans and tilted it as much as i was able too and now the air bubble is free and i was able to fill in 250ml more  liquid in each system now i run my gpu on 2Ghz with 46°C Thank you guys and for the others asking which thermal paste, i used arctic cooling mx