Enough space for sound card in mobo?

Hi, so first of all I didnt know which forum to post this on so I picked General Discussion (sry about that).

I want to buy a sound card and I want to know if there is enough space in the motherboard, I wont fall into details about which sound card will be because if I cant even fit a thin one then theres no point, the gap is really thin. As you can see in the pictures, I have a ASUS h81m-a and a msi 1070 which is kinda big and it already covers one of my pci-e connectors.
So if you can tell (Im not really sure if those pics will show enough), can you give me some advice? Thanks.

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-01 at 06.35.11(1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-01 at 06.37.02.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-01 at 06.39.19(1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-01 at 06.39.19.jpeg

you will have to use PCI-E extenders to install a sound card

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Depends on the size of sound card. But I would not put it there as it limits airflow. And unless you use high end headphones there is no need of a sound card.

SPECS: Intel Core i5-4460 // PowerColor Red Dragon RX 480 4GB // 1x8GB DDR3 RAM // Delta 500AB-6A PSU // HyperX Cloud Stinger / Logitech G710+ / Logitech G502 / Xbox One Halo Guardian controller // LG 24M45H 1080p // 

How to cope with depression

Spoiler free review of Life is Strange (Video Game)

Why do you think you need a sound card? Do you have any high end hardware audio equipment that would warrant the purchase?

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Would technically work but it will limit the air flow slightly depending on the size.

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

@cPilot If you don't mind an extra something attached to your PC, there are pretty cheap USB DACs ("sound cards") that rival pretty much any PCIe one now. Unless you need very specific things out of it that you want a specific sound card for, you might be better off just going the USB route.

I want to avoid static and weird noises on my mic, right now if I play a high volume sound (lets say a guy screaming because of a horror game gameplay), my mic picks that up and records it. If im on teamspeak everyone hears it, and if I record myself talking it records it too. Its not sound coming from the headset, I tried that already, maybe the sound card would solve that?

1 minute ago, cPilot said:

I want to avoid static and weird noises on my mic, right now if I play a high volume sound (lets say a guy screaming because of a horror game gameplay), my mic picks that up and records it. If im on teamspeak everyone hears it, and if I record myself talking it records it too. Its not sound coming from the headset, I tried that already, maybe the sound card would solve that?

The sound card will not solve that unfortunately.

SPECS: Intel Core i5-4460 // PowerColor Red Dragon RX 480 4GB // 1x8GB DDR3 RAM // Delta 500AB-6A PSU // HyperX Cloud Stinger / Logitech G710+ / Logitech G502 / Xbox One Halo Guardian controller // LG 24M45H 1080p // 

How to cope with depression

Spoiler free review of Life is Strange (Video Game)

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

The sound card will not solve that unfortunately.

And what will? I really hate it haha

13 minutes ago, cPilot said:

And what will? I really hate it haha

Getting a better mic will, and not playing games on speakers.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

5 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Getting a better mic will, and not playing games on speakers.

Im not on speakers but okay haha

Just now, cPilot said:

Im not on speakers but okay haha

Then it's impossible for your mic to pick up sound that doesn't exist, unless it's all coming through one cable and the problem is crosstalk (so a badly shielded cable).

2 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Then it's impossible for your mic to pick up sound that doesn't exist, unless it's all coming through one cable and the problem is crosstalk (so a badly shielded cable).

Well yeah, I have a hyperx cloud alpha, is all one cable and a extender with a divided mic and headset cable. And clearly its not impossible because it happens. And the sound that it picks up its like if I recorded a video, its the exactly same sound/quality, like a clone but lower volume, not the quality you would get if the mic picked it up like picks my voice.

Adding a sound card next to the video card will cause more noise. I had that setup and had static noise in my headphones. Fixed by moving sound card to a further slot from the GPU.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

6 minutes ago, PLME888 said:

are you sure that this option is disabled? 

image.thumb.png.7b20c3761bae5a3f112c1439a0ce17c8.png

Yes, I tried disabling everything, stereo mix, muting, lowering dbs, reinstalling newer and older audio drivers, and the only option that works is the "cancel eco" option, but it lowers the quality of the mic, and I have to stick to that for now until I find (if I ever do) a solution

3 hours ago, cPilot said:

Yes, I tried disabling everything, stereo mix, muting, lowering dbs, reinstalling newer and older audio drivers, and the only option that works is the "cancel eco" option, but it lowers the quality of the mic, and I have to stick to that for now until I find (if I ever do) a solution

If the noise is crosstalk or a shorted wire in your headphones getting a new sound card won't help. Have you tried the headset with other devices to troubleshoot?

If the noise is crosstalk on the motherboard traces then you might improve it with a standalone sound card, but you'll have more "grey" noise from electrical sound due to your GPU.

Your best option (if it's not a headphone problem) is to get a USB DAC/ADC. Here's a cheap one below, or you can find pricier ones that will be higher quality, use wall power for lower noise, etc.:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072BMG9TB/ref=sspa_mw_detail_0?psc=1

1 hour ago, Sniperfox47 said:

If the noise is crosstalk or a shorted wire in your headphones getting a new sound card won't help. Have you tried the headset with other devices to troubleshoot?

If the noise is crosstalk on the motherboard traces then you might improve it with a standalone sound card, but you'll have more "grey" noise from electrical sound due to your GPU.

Your best option (if it's not a headphone problem) is to get a USB DAC/ADC. Here's a cheap one below, or you can find pricier ones that will be higher quality, use wall power for lower noise, etc.:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072BMG9TB/ref=sspa_mw_detail_0?psc=1

So that USB DAC would solve the crosstalk?

6 minutes ago, cPilot said:

So that USB DAC would solve the crosstalk?

If that's what it is yes, so long as it's on the PC side and not the headset/cable side.

Can't speak to the sound quality of that particular DAC/ADC, but at the very least it will work.