Microsoft Rumors

Just recently found this and not sure if it is real, but both on the Inquirer and on Polygon, Microsoft may be considering buying EA, PUBG, and possibly Valve?
Now from reading Polygon's article on the situation it would seem that most of it is in the Rumor mill, and there is a good chance Microsoft Uppers probably talk about stuff like this more often than not, but from what van Druenen says “Because of where we are in the lifecycle of all these things, I’m expecting to hear Microsoft announce something very, very shortly,” we might be finding out if these rumors are true maybe this year. 
Personally I could see this more likely to happen with say EA, is if Anthem doesn't go as planned as they want it to, and/or if the new Dragon Age doesn't create new enough people into the Dragon Age genre of video games.

But I think the biggest thing to note that yes this is a rumor, and this is most likely something that is talked about more often than we realize it, and the majority of the time it is just random things that will never happen.
But I don't know, maybe Sony will buy them first.

https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3025595/microsoft-considering-buying-valve-ea-and-pubg-corp

https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/29/16930892/xbox-one-exclusive-games-analysis-microsoft

Just now, linustouchtips said:

lol i just saw that too posted as a stat update no microsoft stay away from gaben

Valve likely won’t sell themselves. People have tried before.

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

Out of all of them, I can more see PUBG getting bought out. (again) compared to EA and Valve. Valve seems like a very very unlikely group to be bought out, especially anytime soon.

2 minutes ago, DrDerp said:

Almost everything has a price dollar.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Just now, Nikolai_Von_Imhof said:

Out of all of them, I can more see PUBG getting bought out. (again) compared to EA and Valve. Valve seems like a very very unlikely group to be bought out, especially anytime soon.

I don't think so. PUBG Corp wants to grow. As they are partnered it wouldn't not make sense but it has been noted they want to turn Battle Royale into more than a game.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

I don't see it happening. They might be interested, but both EA and Valve are in no financial problem, their income is increasing every year, and there is no reason for them to sell.

On the other hand, I could see an obvious reason for MS wanting to buy them, if this is true. Considering how hard MS wants to push Games for Windows Live, buying a company like EA would be oh so suitable for them, from games alone but also for Origin as a platform. No need to explain Steam. 

But I can easily see them buying PUBG. Same situation as Minecraft. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Just now, Bouzoo said:

I don't see it happening. They might be interested, but both EA and Valve are in no financial problem, their income is increasing every year, and there is no reason for them to sell.

On the other hand, I could see an obvious reason for MS wanting to buy them, if this is true. Considering how hard MS wants to push Games for Windows Live, buying a company like EA would be oh so suitable for them, from games alone but also for Origin as a platform. No need to explain Steam.

If Microsoft owned steam would that mean that you could play Steam games on an XBOX?

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

Just now, Jito463 said:

Key word being 'almost'.  Besides, Gabe is raking in the moolah with Steam, why would he need to sell?  He practically has a license to print money.

I'll say this, Valve isn't nearly as big as you think it is. Microsoft has the money to buy them out and it would make sense. The MS Store biggest competitor for games is Steam and IMO, Steam needs an overhaul. People hate the MS Store and really, with some changes and additions it could easily be better than steam. Just buy them out and rework Steam.

3 minutes ago, DrDerp said:

Gaben and the small group of owners are also unlikely to get an offer that's actually worth it to them. Valve is a private company, so we don't have full numbers, but you'd be looking at between 8-12 billion USD as a starting point. And then there is the issue of Microsoft buying the biggest Games Platform while also making the XBox. Some weird regulatory issues they might not get around.

Just now, DarkBlade2117 said:

I'll say this, Valve isn't nearly as big as you think it is. Microsoft has the money to buy them out and it would make sense

I didn't say Valve was big, I said they were raking in the dough (which is accurate).  And just because MS has the money to buy them, doesn't mean they have to sell.

1 minute ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

IMO, Steam needs an overhaul

I don't disagree, I just doubt they'd be willing to sell to MS (or anyone, at this point).

Which is better Origin or Windows Store?

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Just now, DrDerp said:

If Microsoft owned steam would that mean that you could play Steam games on an XBOX?

I'm talking with no game development from first hand here, but maybe and only if the devs converted whole games for the XBOX, which makes no sense. It has specific hardware (they are PC components to a point, but it doesn't just work like that) and software for it, so if you're talking playing them out of the box, then no.

Just now, Genericplane said:

if microsoft buys EA i dont care, their games are all shite imo...

if microsoft buys valve... vietnam flashback intensifies

Where is a picture of Gaben shaking Bill Gate’s hands? (I know bill is gone from MS)

Just now, DrDerp said:

Where is a picture of Gaben shaking Bill Gate’s hands? (I know bill is gone from MS)

its all in the flashback :P

6 minutes ago, DrDerp said:

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

I'm talking with no game development from first hand here, but maybe and only if the devs converted whole games for the XBOX, which makes no sense. It has specific hardware (they are PC components to a point, but it doesn't just work like that) and software for it, so if you're talking playing them out of the box, then no.

Considering that Valve already has Steam boxes, which can allow streaming from your PC to the TV, it would presumably be possible for such a feature to be added to the XBox.

Just clarifying from a technical standpoint, I still don't believe Valve would sell.

3 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

Which is better Origin or Windows Store?

Origin by a huge margin. From my experience, anything is better than Windows Store. I'd swear uPlay is better than it. I subjectively still rank Origin higher than Steam. Hell, their Origin access is awesome for starters, just bought it myself. 

If Microsoft buys Steam:

Spoiler

image.png.882b84e780722262e7087b735599641e.png

Neither company would be willing to sell, effectively limiting all future games to the Windows Store ( I expect Microsoft would merge the stores to build the image of the Windows Store and prevent fragmentation) would be a blow to sales. 

Just now, ScratchCat said:

If Microsoft buys Steam:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.882b84e780722262e7087b735599641e.png

Neither company would be willing to sell, effectively limiting all future games to the Windows Store ( I expect Microsoft would merge the stores to build the image of the Windows Store and prevent fragmentation) would be a blow to sales. 

Imagine a world where Steam is bloatware.

If this is true, Im not for this. Microsoft will dominate the game industry. To me thats not ok.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 7 5800x
  • Motherboard
    Asus ROG Strix B550
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200MHz 32GB (16x2)
  • GPU
    EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080TI
  • Case
    Fractal Design Define R5
  • Storage
    WD Black SN750 500GB NVMe SSD | WD Green 2TB HD | WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 850W
  • Display(s)
    Asus 1920x1080p 144hz
  • Cooling
    Cooler Master Master Liquid 240
  • Keyboard
    Logitech Pro TKL
  • Mouse
    Logitech G502
  • Sound
    Logitech G733
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Just now, Jito463 said:

Considering that Valve already has Steam boxes, which can allow streaming from your PC to the TV, it would presumably be possible for such a feature to be added to the XBox.

Just clarifying from a technical standpoint, I still don't believe Valve would sell.

Streaming is one, natively running it on another hardware is another thing (every single game). I reckon it's possible, much easier than on PS4 which doesn't even support DirectX which XBOX does. But I'm pretty sure that the game devs would have to play with their games to enable them to run, if it's even possible. How complicated would it be? I honestly have no idea. I reckon Prysin could give more insight on this. I won't tag him though.