Meditation

Watashi

Meditation is something that I have made a daily practice in my life, I think the benefits of it are pretty astounding. I'm curious if anyone else who happens to browse upon this forum is also a meditater. Personally I believe that the benefits of meditation are entirely secular.

I meditate every other day. It's relaxing to shut the world out and just focus on yourself.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

5 hours ago, Doomerson said:

Personally I believe that the benefits of meditation are entirely secular.

Definitely http://a.co/cFVNzNb 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

On 1/28/2018 at 8:49 PM, hey_yo_ said:

Definitely http://a.co/cFVNzNb 

That was an amazing book. Sam Harris is such a great mind. I find his world view inspiring, and if we're being entirely honest, his literature has certainly influenced how I view the world today. He also has some guided meditations on Youtube.

On 1/28/2018 at 8:42 PM, Hiitchy said:

I meditate every other day. It's relaxing to shut the world out and just focus on yourself.

That's awesome! I meditate each morning, and I find it to be an extremely beneficial practice. Just being aware of how many things are actually occurring during each moment has certainly been an enlightening experience, and it continues to be! I may not be as mindful as possible all of the time, but I never expected to be :)

21 minutes ago, Doomerson said:

That's awesome! I meditate each morning, and I find it to be an extremely beneficial practice. Just being aware of how many things are actually occurring during each moment has certainly been an enlightening experience, and it continues to be! I may not be as mindful as possible all of the time, but I never expected to be :)

How do you meditate? For me it involves sitting in a quiet dark room and just plenty of deep breathing. 

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

But what if I can't meditate? My brain is too hyperactive.

Linus is my fetish.

1 minute ago, Bhav said:

You don't necessarily have to do so in silence. I have a playlist of music that I've listened to so much, that I don't need to focus on it. At the same time, it keeps "distracting" portions of my brain activity occupied enough that I can look past that. I'm by no means an expert. Just sharing what works for me.

my dad does but I get really bored and start day dreaming if I try I guess just trying to sit still and think about nothing can be kinda tough tbh

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

I just scream at a wall for 5 min. I feel great !

/jk obviously

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

13 hours ago, Hiitchy said:

How do you meditate? For me it involves sitting in a quiet dark room and just plenty of deep breathing. 

I have a cushion that is designed for meditating, I sit on that, and place another small cushion in front of it for my feet/ankles. I sit cross-legged. I usually set a 30-minute timer, I start out by trying to bring my attention to my body pressing against the cushion, and the floor. And then I slowly begin to notice my breathing more. I try to focus on the breath, and the feeling associated with it, while "viewing" thoughts as they arise and dissipate. Naturally I become lost in thought, but I just attempt to bring my focus back towards present moment sensations. 

38 minutes ago, Bhav said:

It's normal for individuals to feel this way. You're mind does not need to be silent for you to be meditating, it is a practice, and I personally wouldn't believe anyone who said they were "perfect" at it. If I were you I would just start with five minute sessions (this is what I did)

35 minutes ago, Legendarypoet said:

You don't necessarily have to do so in silence. I have a playlist of music that I've listened to so much, that I don't need to focus on it. At the same time, it keeps "distracting" portions of my brain activity occupied enough that I can look past that. I'm by no means an expert. Just sharing what works for me.

You could also use ambient sounds, Personally I like rain sounds, or ocean sounds

35 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

my dad does but I get really bored and start day dreaming if I try I guess just trying to sit still and think about nothing can be kinda tough tbh

Naturally it is challenging, but the benefits of meditation in my opinion are immense.