Itunes screws up and releases new Thor movie already

1 minute ago, Levisallanon said:

But why wait even longer after it's out of the cinema?

Because people are less willing to wait for 4 months than they are to wait for one.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please聽馃え

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

Yeah, never understood why the huge delay between the end of screening in theatres and the dvd launch

Because if movies were immediately released after they were done in cinema, then people would probably cut down on cinema tickets and just wait a month for the digital release. Since the digital release is multiple months, it helps to bolster the see now mentality. The break is to boost and maintain cinema tickets.

2 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Because if movies were immediately released after they were done in cinema, then people would probably cut down on cinema tickets and just wait a month for the digital release. Since the digital release is multiple months, it helps to bolster the see now mentality. The break is to boost and maintain cinema tickets.

So be it, would actually push theatres to entice the clientele to go for them instead straight out buying the movie the day after the final screening imo.聽

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4聽5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

6 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

So be it, would actually push theatres to entice the clientele to go for them instead straight out buying the movie the day after the final screening imo.聽

For me, just movies aren't worth seeing in theaters. I wait until it's in Amazon or Redbox. I don't like being charged oil change prices for a bag of shitty popcorn.

I do think they should move up the release date. Take star wars. I watched it twice in theaters. Even if I know it was being released shortly after viewing, is still have watched it twice. Some movies are with the sound experience alone. But that's about it. I don't go out much. I'm cheap and don't like most people

1 hour ago, Ryujin2003 said:

don't like most people

wholeheartedly agree with you there聽

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4聽5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

5 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

I helped make this movie and even got to work on some of the Stan Lee cameo shots.

Well I guess your contract doesn't says you will get 0.00X percentage of the revenue. So you probably don't care if people pirate it in that way :P.

1 minute ago, Levisallanon said:

Well I guess your contract doesn't says you will get 0.00X percentage of the revenue. So you probably don't care if people pirate it in that way :P.

VFX artists never get royalties. :P

6 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

You don't need a marketing department to have a successful company. Look at the guy who invented Sriracha. He refuses to have marketing people, or raising prices over time.

He also refuses to sell the company to people who only care about profit, and he's making a lot of money. All he wants to do is sell hot sauce to people who want hot sauce and he focuses on that. He doesn't even go after people for using the name Sriracha or his logo, calling it free advertising and constantly turns down lawyers offers to go after said people.

And it friggin works.

It does work, sometimes. Tran also got incredibly lucky. Right product, right time, right market. Its like saying you don't need to finish college because Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg are rich college dropouts. Sure, you can dropout and get rich, if you create Microsoft or Facebook. Most likely though you'll end up in a dead-end job with all higher positions requiring college education. Not having a marketing department is considered a very stupid decision for bigger companies for a reason. Even smaller companies need them sometimes. Tran only proves that it can happen, not that it is remotely likely or a smart idea. Unless you hit on a magic formula that rockets your company to success and commands a market not having marketing will kill it, plain and simple.

5 hours ago, juri-han said:

good luck dodging spoilers ive still not seen last jedi but know the whole plot by now聽

You're not missing much anyway.

Aside from people being douchebags and spamming forums with spoiler topics it generally isn't that hard to avoid spoilers. I've made it a point to inform friends and family that I will block them on all social media and block their number in my phone if they intentionally spoil shit for me. I've generally been able to avoid spoilers for movies that I really care about avoiding spoilers for. Even for movies that I don't watch until they come out on home video.

When a product is fully available this early....those in charge if releasing it to the public (eg.studios behind it) should release it ASAP, not sit on it for a while.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL