We Happy Few gets delayed yet again and is now fully refundable

AlTech

We Happy Few, the Indie turned AAA $60 experience, has been delayed yet again.

This time it has been delayed until Summer 2018.

They will be removing the ability to purchase the game as early access and will be allowing refunds for owners of the game regardless of how much time a user has played or when they bought the game.

This is because the game is in a sort of limbo state where it costs $60 USD, is a AAA experience with pre-order bonuses, season passes and collectors editions. And yet the game is still technically early access on Steam. This really doesn't make a ton of sense and not allowing players to purchase the product until it officially launches makes a lot more sense.

We happy few has had numerous issues since it's transition from an Early Access title to a $60 USD AAA Experience published by Gearbox.

I'm not going to lie, I don't think I'm going to end up buying this game. If i had interest when It was an Indie game, I've definitely lost interest since it became a AAA title in 2017.

Source:

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

So does that mean they've got a big publisher backing it up?

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Just now, Kamina said:

So does that mean they've got a big publisher backing it up?

They have had a publisher backing them for a while. The game's just been delayed and they're withdrawing from early access,

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

They have had a publisher backing them for a while. The game's just been delayed and they're withdrawing from early access,

I see. Makes sense to me that people should get their refund.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I had such high hopes for the game since it's the closest thing to Bioshock, but seeing how this is just another bad thing added to the list, I have no hope for it anymore. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

8 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Should happen far more often in fact. Early access is to blame for PUBG's crap performance.

The main cause to the delay is the transition from an indie game to a AAA full priced game and implementing all the features that the publisher funding allows them to do.

On 22/01/2018 at 9:16 AM, Misanthrope said:

Should happen far more often in fact. Early access is to blame for PUBG's crap performance.

Whelp, Depends who you ask.

I started playing before it got popular, have over 300 hours in it.

It's far better now than it was when it started, considering the increase in polarity.

Ryzen 1700x & R9 390x

Haven't seen it dip below 60fps/1080p in a long time now.

This game would have been amazing as a Bioshockesque linear game. As a survival thing, meh.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

i played the game in early access when it was still in beta

but after converting to AAA grade title

everything feels like a cash grab tactic

and the content has become really stale after the takeover

the world and graphics is really vast and the gameplay is really fun, you can either be a wacko and cause mayhem or be stealth mode in the night

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

6 hours ago, Lach1230 said:

Whelp, Depends who you ask.

I started playing before it got popular, have over 300 hours in it.

It's far better now than it was when it started, considering the increase in polarity.

Ryzen 1700x & R9 390x

Haven't seen it dip below 60fps/1080p in a long time now.

I don't have any doubts in what you said, only that the standard is certainly "lower" which is what I keep seeing with many early access games: many of them stay on a perpetually unoptimized state through years of early access and people consider very tiny improvements as signs that things are moving forward.

Whereas a game that doesn't has early access video just gets fucking blasted for poor optimization at launch without having the benefit of "Oh it was much worst before!"

But the damage is done and now all games will try to launch as early access if they're having troubles optimizing them.

-------

Current Rig

-------

The game has been featured in quite a few Humble Bundles..  I wonder if users will have to get refunded through HB, which puts the money to charity, or if they get refunded through the publisher.. kinda shitty to ask a charity for money back.