Worth mining on a 1080 with nicehash?

So i want to start to mine when im out of the house not using my gaming rig with my 1080 innit. So then i would be out of the house for 7 hours is it worth it to mine 7 hours a day? I paid about 600 dollars for my 1080 and want to make my money back hopefully if able within 6 months or till it just doesnt make any money. Please give me some opinions and answers are much appreciated. If it all goes well i might buy another. 

Worth it? Depends, your going to be using alot more electricity, and potentially shortening the lifespan of the card. Its likely you would make the money back in 6 months, but nobody can predict the future. Your risk, your choice. I would personally.

Computers r fun

how much $ / kw h?

usually you'll make money, don't expect a lot, more like going around picking up pennies type of money 

its something !

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

Worth it? Depends, your going to be using alot more electricity, and potentially shortening the lifespan of the card. Its likely you would make the money back in 6 months, but nobody can predict the future. Your risk, your choice. I would personally.

do you know if there is an accurate electricity calculator i could use or something to see how much more it would cost if i started to mine

Just now, Wonderguy464712 said:

do you know if there is an accurate electricity calculator i could use or something. 

Not sure if I know what you mean.

Take the wattage, multiply it by the hours the card will be on per day, and thats how many KWH it will use per day. You will have to look at your own electric bill to find out how much that would cost.

Computers r fun

I would say only if you don't plan to use the card or you can use it when you are not using the computer. 

i7 6700

16g RAM

17 minutes ago, Wonderguy464712 said:

do you know if there is an accurate electricity calculator i could use or something to see how much more it would cost if i started to mine

electricity calculation is pretty easy but you need to know how much the system is pulling from the wall, so you need a meter like the Kill-A-Watt P3, properly tuned mining on JUST the 1080 and NOT using your CPU your system power Draw should be around about 200 watts constant (depending on the age of your CPU and where you set the Power Limit slider in Precision XOC or Afterburner) 200 watt constant draw 24/7 would be 4.8 Kw per day only 7 hours would be 1.4 Kw so take that number and multiply it by the cost per Kw your electric company charges.

With BTC value being where it is (Nicehash took a huge hit to profitability this week from the Crypto Crash)I don't see you reaching your goal in 6 months with only 7 Hours a day, probably closer to 10 months, maybe 11 once you factor in electricity costs, now if you also mine while you are sleeping in addition to the 7 hours a day you are gone (really anytime you aren't actively using the computer you should be mining) then you could do it in 6 months, if your electricity is cheap.

so i pay 0.08 USD per kwh so using 100% off the power usage of the card for 7 hours would be how much daily?  

1 minute ago, Daniel644 said:

electricity calculation is pretty easy but you need to know how much the system is pulling from the wall, so you need a meter like the Kill-A-Watt P3, properly tuned mining on JUST the 1080 and NOT using your CPU your system power Draw should be around about 200 watts constant (depending on the age of your CPU and where you set the Power Limit slider in Precision XOC or Afterburner) 200 watt constant draw 24/7 would be 4.8 Kw per day only 7 hours would be 1.4 Kw so take that number and multiply it by the cost per Kw your electric company charges.

With BTC value being where it is (Nicehash took a huge hit to profitability this week from the Crypto Crash)I don't see you reaching your goal in 6 months with only 7 Hours a day, probably closer to 10 months, maybe 11 once you factor in electricity costs, now if you also mine while you are sleeping in addition to the 7 hours a day you are gone (really anytime you aren't actively using the computer you should be mining) then you could do it in 6 months, if your electricity is cheap.

okay thanks for this 

1 minute ago, Wonderguy464712 said:

so i pay 0.08 USD per kwh so using 100% off the power usage of the card for 7 hours would be how much daily?  

8 cent usd times 1.4Kw for 7 hours would be about 11 cents a day and with the crypto crash pulling everything down big time your raw Earnings with the 1080 would probably be in the 1.50ish range at 7 hours a day, your electricity is cheap, what CPU do you have, you could add the CPU to the equation and get your money back much faster if it's modern enough, I'm earning the better part of a dollar a day from my 6700k running 24/7 and looking to go get a Ryzen 1600 today for my second rig which should do double the 6700k profits when configured properly, biggest thing is to make sure you dial in the efficiencies and don't just download NH Miner V2 and call it a day you need to set settings to optimize the card and use the Legacy Miner so you can successfully mine Nist5 which has the best payout for Gddr5x cards currently on Nicehash.

i currently use the i7 6800k with 3.7ghz constant just did auto oc because i cant be bothered to take the time to do that manually atm. 

6 minutes ago, Wonderguy464712 said:

i currently use the i7 6800k with 3.7ghz constant just did auto oc because i cant be bothered to take the time to do that manually atm. 

yeah I wouldn't mine with anything using an Auto-OC they set the voltages to high for my taste, get that dialed in it would probably help, but ultimately you need a power draw meter like the Kill-a-watt to know what you are pulling and how much wattage is added by adding the CPU mining vs not mining to determine the best course.

4 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

yeah I wouldn't mine with anything using an Auto-OC they set the voltages to high for my taste, get that dialed in it would probably help, but ultimately you need a power draw meter like the Kill-a-watt to know what you are pulling and how much wattage is added by adding the CPU mining vs not mining.

ill see where i can buy one close to where i live. Do manual tune in as well. Thanks for the info and help, helped me a lot 

1 minute ago, Wonderguy464712 said:

ill see where i can buy one close to where i live. Do manual tune in as well. Thanks for the info and help, helped me a lot 

also be sure to check the Nicehash Reddit and see what setting for Power Limit, Core clock and mem clock others are using, you'll want a separate profile for mining vs the OC you use for gaming for best efficiency.

To put things in perspective I have a 1080 Ti and have made about $55 since I started using Nicehash about 13 days ago. It runs while I sleep and while I'm at work so it runs about 75% of the day and then I game the rest of the time on it. My electricity is included in my rent though so idgaf about that xD

On 1/21/2018 at 12:15 AM, imreloadin said:

To put things in perspective I have a 1080 Ti and have made about $55 since I started using Nicehash about 13 days ago. It runs while I sleep and while I'm at work so it runs about 75% of the day and then I game the rest of the time on it. My electricity is included in my rent though so idgaf about that xD

I left it running for 4 hours and made 80 cents.

10 minutes ago, Wonderguy464712 said:

I left it running for 4 hours and made 80 cents.

that would be almost 5 bucks a day if run 24/7 and remember coin values are down right now, when they rebound it can be worth more

1 hour ago, Daniel644 said:

that would be almost 5 bucks a day if run 24/7 and remember coin values are down right now, when they rebound it can be worth more

and mining will get harder and pricing might go down...you just never know.

2 minutes ago, lieder1987 said:

yeah but he already has the card, not going out to buy one.

11 hours ago, lieder1987 said:

that is what i dont seem like worth it since i alrdy work and make money working a week is what a month or 2 what it pays or would but yeah...