i5 100% load on idle [i5 6200u]

I'm getting this weird thing with my Dell Inspiron 15 5559 laptop - I've had it for over a year now (since oct 2016) and its been running just fine. I mainly program on in (web development) and I do normally have around 7-10 windows open at once. I also edit videos for my youtube channel (@1080p res) and then it gets fairly warm, not surprising. But recently for school I have been learning how to cad using Autodesk Inventor Pro 2018. Now... I'm not sure if its just a coincidence that since I've started CADing its been getting really warm or not. I've been really concerned.''

Yesterday I was using my laptop for some cad and programming, then when I had to go, I closed the screen and threw it into my backpack, went home, then about 1/2 an hour later I pulled it out again. When I pulled it out, it was EXTREMELY HOT. Like, HOT to the touch. I could hardly even hold it. So I turned it off, took out the battery and expelled all the power out of it, and let it cool. 10-15 minutes later when it was cool, I turned it on again and it seemed fine, but when I went to check in task manager, I saw that the cpu was at 100%, the hardrive was at 100% and the memory usage was at 7 of 8gb. This was on idle, not natural right?

So im not really sure what to do. I dont know if I should get a new and better laptop, or just try and fix this. Any ideas?

Open task manager and see what process is causing all the issues

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

WMI Provider host is at 40%

Windows explorer is at 33% 

Sigar_port is at 11% 

The rest are at 0-0.3%

7 minutes ago, Kamden Bolhuis said:

WMI Provider host is at 40%

Windows explorer is at 33% 

Sigar_port is at 11% 

The rest are at 0-0.3%

Some kind of software takes your CPU up, it might be some kind of a cryptocurrency miner, as these are very popular lately.

Are you running a genuine copy of Windows and have appropriate malware & antivirus protection?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Just now, Morgan MLGman said:

Some kind of software takes your CPU up, it might be some kind of a cryptocurrency miner, as these are very popular lately.

Are you running a genuine copy of Windows and have appropriate malware & antivirus protection?

Yes, I am running the factory installed windows 10 from dell. And yes, I do have antivirus protection.  And no, I do not have any cryptocurrency mining software.

Just now, Kamden Bolhuis said:

And no, I do not have any cryptocurrency mining software.

By "Cryptocurrency miner" I meant malware that could mine either within your browser or on your PC, thus eating your resources.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Yeah, no I don't have that. So do you think I should try and fix this, or upgrade to a better one that for sure will be able to handle what ever I throw at it.

43 minutes ago, Kamden Bolhuis said:

Yeah, no I don't have that. So do you think I should try and fix this, or upgrade to a better one that for sure will be able to handle what ever I throw at it.

Don't assume he's not right about that.

You wouldn't likely know if you did had that bug.

Use torrents or thepiratebay recently?

If so, you almost definitely have the mining bug.

I looked over your issue and viruses are the #1 thing they suggest to look for if you have this issue.

Here are some steps to take anyways:

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/wmi-provider-host-high-cpu-usage-on-windows-10-solved/

48 minutes ago, Kamden Bolhuis said:

5 minutes ago, stateofpsychosis said:

Don't assume he's not right about that.

You wouldn't likely know if you did had that bug.

If so, you almost definitely have the mining bug.

I looked over your issue and viruses are the #1 thing they suggest to look for if you have this issue.

Here are some steps to take anyways:

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/wmi-provider-host-high-cpu-usage-on-windows-10-solved/

Yeah, indeed. My friend had this issue some time ago, it turned out it was because of a "cracked" MS Office from TPB when I took a deeper look into his PC...

10 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Yeah, indeed. My friend had this issue some time ago, it turned out it was because of a "cracked" MS Office from TPB when I took a deeper look into his PC...

Yep, these things aren't so easy to catch either. Kudos.

On 1/19/2018 at 12:58 PM, stateofpsychosis said:

Nope.  I have not. I hardly know how to use that type of thing, never experimented with that type of thing.

If the problem still exists, try opening a thread on malwarebyte forums's Malware Removal for Windows subforum. 

I'm sure the experts there can determine whether the high CPU load and ram load is due to a virus or not. 

Check the I'm infected - what do I do now

Edited by legendofham
Typo

6 hours ago, Kamden Bolhuis said:

Nope.  I have not. I hardly know how to use that type of thing, never experimented with that type of thing.

Forgot to quote you bud, my bad.