Logitech G500 replacement. G402?

maartendc

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a good replacement for my logitech G500 mouse. I love the feel of it in the hand, has just enough buttons, not too many. I have replaced the cable multiple times (a known design flaw), but now it is the mouse buttons that are starting to go. Because the cable is so fragile, I dont want to get a new-old-stock G500, but something new.

I have tried the Logitech G502 Proteus Core, but I dont like the way it feels in my hand, and it has WAY too many buttons. I'm looking for:

- Shape similar to G500

- Not too many buttons, one thumb button +DPI switches is enough.

- Good sensor

- Nothing too "flashy" looking (The G502 is ugly imho)

- Preferably wired

- Lightweight preferred.

How about the Logitech G402? It seems to be discontinued on Logitech's website, but Amazon still sells it. https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Hyperion-Gaming-Fusion-910-004069/dp/B00LZVNWIA

It has the perfect amount of buttons for me, and the shape seems almost like a copy of the G500 of yesteryear.

So should I get the G402? Or is there something much much better nowadays? I hear a lot of discussion about the newer mouse sensors being so much better with zero acceleration and such. Does the G402 sensor still hold up, or should I get something else? The product page says

"Exclusive Fusion Engine for speeds over 10 meters/second" and "Delta Zero sensor technology for unrivaled accuracy". Is this still the best sensor Logitech makes?

Thanks!

currently using G402, never had a single problem since I got it few years back I highly recommend it.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I have a G402 and have had no problems playing games like Overwatch or PUBG on it. It's a nice mouse

4 hours ago, maartendc said:

I have tried the Logitech G502 Proteus Core, but I dont like the way it feels in my hand, and it has WAY too many buttons.

@Aytex

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

Its still a good mouse.

If u are not a pro fps player the AMO10+Fusion engine still holds up.

I've reviewed the mouse check my signature and its a good mouse only if u can find a good deal for it but again if u dont care about the sensor then get the G402.

There are mice with better sensor within that price range but doesnt have the same build quality as the G402.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

2 hours ago, Hiya! said:

Its still a good mouse.

If u are not a pro fps player the AMO10+Fusion engine still holds up.

I've reviewed the mouse check my signature and its a good mouse only if u can find a good deal for it but again if u dont care about the sensor then get the G402.

There are mice with better sensor within that price range but doesnt have the same build quality as the G402.

19 hours ago, Aytex said:

Its a decent mouse but of course, there are better sensors in the market. If you don't care about weight, the 502 should be a great alternative to your 500.

22 hours ago, SCGazelle said:

I have a G402 and have had no problems playing games like Overwatch or PUBG on it. It's a nice mouse

23 hours ago, Levent said:

currently using G402, never had a single problem since I got it few years back I highly recommend it.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I think I will get the 402 then. I don't really care that it is not the "best" sensor in the market, as long as it is a good one.

I care more about the ergonomics than the sensor (my G500 does 5200 DPI, but the highest I ever use is 1500 or so).

Yeah the 502 is on paper a better mouse, I know. I just don't like that many buttons, I did not like the feel of it (feels like you are gonna click something by accident with so many buttons), and I don't care for a heavy mouse, would never add weights.

On 1/21/2018 at 2:37 AM, TheMusicalPALADIN said:

if its not too late, I made an extensive reply to a post like yours that might help

here it is

Hi,

Thanks for the recommendation. Yeah I know of the G900 and that it gets really good reviews. But I really like the "thumbrest" on the G500 and the G402 seems to have a similar shape. The G900 seems to have a totally different shape.  (the G502 has an even bigger thumbrest, but I dont like that mouse for other reasons).