Battlefield 1 Running Poorly with new parts

I recently upgraded 3 main components in my PC as of this Christmas. As a result, Battlefield 1 has been running worse than before and I have no clue as to why. I've updated as many drivers as possible, turned off many background processes, I overclocked my new CPU, I even bought another stick of RAM with the money I had leftover from Christmas but nothing is working. With my old build, I could get around 50-60 FPS only medium settings, with the exception of Texture Quality and Texture Filtering, which were both on High. With my new parts, even if I put all the settings on Low, I'm barely cracking 40fps in the middle of any map. If anyone could give some insight on this, I'd really appreciate it.

Old build:
CPU: AMD FX 8350 @3.9GHz
GPU: AMD RX 480 8GB MSI
RAM: 2x4GB DDR3 2660MHz (unbranded)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Tech. M68MT-S2
PSU: Rosewill 850W (I don't know the exact model yet)

New build:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 @3.8GHz
GPU: Same as before
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 2400MHz
Motherboard: ASRock AB350M-HDV
PSU: Same as before

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

im pretty sure its a bottle neck on your cpu. how open battlefield 1 and check in your task manager how many % your cpu is being used.

1 minute ago, CreativeGuy2013 said:

im pretty sure its a bottle neck on your cpu. how open battlefield 1 and check in your task manager how many % your cpu is being used.

About 95-98% usage.

I would have to also say that the CPU is probably bottlenecking and as the memory speed isnt helping as Ryzen really needs the faster speeds.

you can try overclock it a bit, if your cooler is beefy enough. why did you get a new cpu?

Just now, Matthew Waring said:

I would have to also say that the CPU is probably bottlenecking and as the memory speed isnt helping as Ryzen really needs the faster speeds.

if the cpu is at 100% memory speed wont help a lot. :P

Just now, CreativeGuy2013 said:

if the cpu is at 100% memory speed wont help a lot. :P

Yeah, but I mean as in CPU bottleneck or not, he/she should of done more research.

Just now, CreativeGuy2013 said:

you can try overclock it a bit, if your cooler is beefy enough. why did you get a new cpu?

My tech friend recommended it to me. She said it's basically the same as the 8350 in terms of power and efficiency, except it stays cooler. I did overclock it from 3.1 to 3.8Ghz, but no big change.

31 minutes ago, TownshendSmash said:

My tech friend recommended it to me. She said it's basically the same as the 8350 in terms of power and efficiency, except it stays cooler. I did overclock it from 3.1 to 3.8Ghz, but no big change.

As mentioned before, it seems like for BF1 it was a downgrade. Honestly speaking, there is not much you can do now, as you already overclocked the CPU. Investing in better cooling and overlocking even further will only yield marginal results.

I would try to return as many parts as you can and invest in a real upgrade.

Its not bottlenecking

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-3-1200-vs-AMD-FX-8350/3931vs1489

1200 has much better singlethreaded performance. 

Its something else

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

1 minute ago, Thermosman said:

Its not bottlenecking

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-3-1200-vs-AMD-FX-8350/3931vs1489

1200 has much better singlethreaded performance. 

Its something else

I've seen benchmarks of the same processor with a GTX 1050 ti, and it was getting good framerates. Tech friend says the AMD 480 is better than the 1050. Is this true?

Just now, DaMainMan said:

The CPU is at 98%..its bottlenecking.

Or thermal throttling -> but I highly doubt that.

Regardless the 1200 is a better cpu the 8350

Task manager shows percentange of all cores used, so cpu usage wpuld be lower on 8350

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

1 minute ago, TownshendSmash said:

I've seen benchmarks of the same processor with a GTX 1050 ti, and it was getting good framerates. Tech friend says the AMD 480 is better than the 1050. Is this true?

Yes, the rx 480 is just behind thr gtx 1060 in games

Yes, the rx 480 is just behind thr gtx 1060 in games

If so, then why is the Ryzen 3 1200 not performing as it should, if not better,  with a better GPU? I'm so confused now and I've spent so much money trying to fix this.

If so, then why is the Ryzen 3 1200 not performing as it should, if not better,  with a better GPU? I'm so confused now and I've spent so much money trying to fix this.

Not entirely sure currently, but it isn't your cpu

Not entirely sure currently, but it isn't your cpu

But there's so many conflicting answers here. Which do I believe?

Just now, TownshendSmash said:

But there's so many conflicting answers here. Which do I believe?

Me :) lol 

Find me a benchmark where the 8350 gives better fps then the 1200

3 minutes ago, Thermosman said:

Me :) lol 

Find me a benchmark where the 8350 gives better fps then the 1200

Initially I thought it was the RAM. Because it says it can go up to 2400MHz. But when I open CPUID, the DRAM and NB Frequency are both at 1197MHz. But I heard that this is doubled from the DDR4 aspect, thus making it 2400. But in the BIOS of my PC, in the DRAM config, it says it's at 1200. And when I change it from that to 2000, my pc fails to initialize because it resets itself 3 times. So is the RAM off and the way to fix it is to mess with the timings? Also the BIOS only allows it to go up to 2000, even though my mobo is capable of 3000+.

Initially I thought it was the RAM. Because it says it can go up to 2400MHz. But when I open CPUID, the DRAM and NB Frequency are both at 1197MHz. But I heard that this is doubled from the DDR4 aspect, thus making it 2400. But in the BIOS of my PC, in the DRAM config, it says it's at 1200. And when I change it from that to 2000, my pc fails to initialize because it resets itself 3 times. So is the RAM off and the way to fix it is to mess with the timings? Also the BIOS only allows it to go up to 2000, even though my mobo is capable of 3000+.

Well its a pain to get ram up to its rated speed, but good luck getting it any higher tham its rated 2400mhz. Yes ddr stands for double data rate, so in cpu z it shows as 1/2 of actual speed. The ram speed may be the issue. Do you also see a decrease in performance in other games?

Just now, Thermosman said:

Well its a pain to get ram up to its rated speed, but good luck getting it any higher tham its rated 2400mhz. Yes ddr stands for double data rate, so in cpu z it shows as 1/2 of actual speed. The ram speed may be the issue. Do you also see a decrease in performance in other games?

I did try Tom Clancey's Division, and on startup, in the main menu, it lagged a little bit there, and in game it was running just slightly worse than before. All the settings were on max except for the resolution scale. PUBG and Escape From Tarkov run pretty much the same as before. 

Did you check if both the CPU and GPU actually running at their max clock underload?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |