Battlefield 1 Running Poorly with new parts

1 minute ago, xAcid9 said:

Did you check if both the CPU and GPU actually running at their max clock underload?

The CPU is just about at max (95-98%) and the GPU is barely at half usage.

43 minutes ago, TownshendSmash said:

The CPU is just about at max (95-98%) and the GPU is barely at half usage.

i mean clock speed, not utilization.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

17 hours ago, Thermosman said:

Not entirely sure currently, but it isn't your cpu

lol how is it not the CPU when it is basically at 100% and GPU is not even at half capacity?

Maybe something is wrong with it - but it is the CPU that is the problem here.

4 hours ago, DaMainMan said:

lol how is it not the CPU when it is basically at 100% and GPU is not even at half capacity?

Maybe something is wrong with it - but it is the CPU that is the problem here.

No, please do your research before jumping to conclusions; the 1200 is much faster than the 8350. The problem may be memory speed, or a software problem.

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

15 minutes ago, Thermosman said:

No, please do your research before jumping to conclusions; the 1200 is much faster than the 8350. The problem may be memory speed, or a software problem.

Neither memory speed and/or software problems cause the CPU to max out. BF1 is a very CPU-Heavy game -> I don't doubt for a second that the 1200 is struggling with it. I am no CPU architecture expert, but I can certainly believe that some games may favor an old architecture at similar clock speeds. 

1 minute ago, DaMainMan said:

Neither memory speed and/or software problems cause the CPU to max out. BF1 is a very CPU-Heavy game -> I don't doubt for a second that the 1200 is struggling with it. I am no CPU architecture expert, but I can certainly believe that some games may favor an old architecture at similar clock speeds. 

This video at 10:53

Proof

Do your research, dont jump to conclusions 

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

2 minutes ago, Thermosman said:

This video at 10:53

Proof

Do your research, dont jump to conclusions 

lol have fun quoting youtube videos on your next scientific paper.

They are at best a reference, but hardly solid proof for anything.

2 hours ago, DaMainMan said:

lol have fun quoting youtube videos on your next scientific paper.

They are at best a reference, but hardly solid proof for anything.

They are for reference. However you keep claiming that the problem is the cpu, which it is not, since it has better single threaded performance. The problem may be related to the cpu, such as memory speed, but its not the cpu. Don't be ignorant

3 minutes ago, Thermosman said:

They are for reference. However you keep claiming that the problem is the cpu, which it is not, since it has better single threaded performance. The problem may be related to the cpu, such as memory speed, but its not the cpu. Don't be ignorant

I mentioned earlier that the CPU may not be working correctly, but the CPU performance is the problem.

1 minute ago, DaMainMan said:

I mentioned earlier that the CPU may not be working correctly, but the CPU performance is the problem.

AMD hasn't released GPU drivers since the 19th of December, could that be causing problems?

2 minutes ago, DaMainMan said:

Are you still impling that when fully functional the 8350 is better than the 1200?

2 minutes ago, TownshendSmash said:

AMD hasn't released GPU drivers since the 19th of December, could that be causing problems?

No

1 hour ago, Thermosman said:

Are you still impling that when fully functional the 8350 is better than the 1200?

No. Noone is talking about your video.

I am saying his 1200 may not be functioning correctly -> but I also highly doubt that, since it overclocks stable.

2 hours ago, DaMainMan said:

No. Noone is talking about your video.

I am saying his 1200 may not be functioning correctly -> but I also highly doubt that, since it overclocks stable.

I did overclock it from 3.1 to 3.8, but the improvement in FPS was minimal at best.

13 hours ago, TownshendSmash said:

I did overclock it from 3.1 to 3.8, but the improvement in FPS was minimal at best.

My honest suggestion: declare it as an mistake, sell the 1200 and invest a little more into a Ryzen 5 or even a 7.

It will be well worth it, since a good CPU can last you quite a while and you just need to upgrade your GPU when the need comes.

Is your video cable in your graphics card and not onboard? My brother was using his onboard graphics for about 2 months without knowing :P
Also make sure resolution scale is at 100% and no higher.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

7 hours ago, DaMainMan said:

My honest suggestion: declare it as an mistake, sell the 1200 and invest a little more into a Ryzen 5 or even a 7.

It will be well worth it, since a good CPU can last you quite a while and you just need to upgrade your GPU when the need comes.

I'm going to try and get some extra scratch for a 5 1600. Will that be enough to run this game with framerates that don't make me want to rip my eyes out and cook them?