Triple Titan SLI is not yet enough for 4K surround

I want to see how 2 Devil13's from Powercolor go in 3x 4k resoution.

The only devil13 setup I've ever seen benched was a guy using 4 of them in a workstation.

It's new alright. 1440p still isn't the standard yet, so 4k won't come close for a long time.

The thing is, they don't make televisions in 1440p (at least not to my knowledge). 4K will have an easier time becoming the new standard in resolution because it'll be everywhere once the price of 4K TVs drops significantly, which it already has in the past year or so.

The thing is, they don't make televisions in 1440p (at least not to my knowledge). 4K will have an easier time becoming the new standard in resolution because it'll be everywhere once the price of 4K TVs drops significantly, which it already has in the past year or so.

1440p wont be a standard likely, I guess there is the possibility it could become the new 720p when 4k becomes the new 1080p but I just dont see it happening.

he should of measured VRAM usage so we could know its for sure memory... a lot of people have been saying lately that they have never seen a Titan use all of its VRAM.

this is what I said in my VRAM usage thread and I would too like to see VRAM usage actually :3

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

They have 4K TV but their super expensive.

Which is why I said it would be everywhere once the price drops. Just a year ago, a 4K TV from LG was $20,000. You can get one for around $5000 now from Sony and Samsung. It's going to drop just like 1080p did.

Which is why I said it would be everywhere once the price drops. Just a year ago, a 4K TV from LG was $20,000. You can get one for around $5000 now from Sony and Samsung. It's going to drop just like 1080p did.

you can get one for like $800 right now

Wonder when we will get 4K on our smartphones.

When were no longer constrained by power. The current 1080p displays already take well over the majority of the power used on the phone.

I believe someone on this forum tried benchmarking 1 4K monitor on 2 Titans and it barely ran at a decent framerate while maxed out so this is not really surprising :P .

• 1 month later...

If consider tweaking the PC a bit cause nvidia seemed to do it just fine at CES with AC4.

I know my 4 titans clobber 4680x2560, which is a much lower res... But beyond that point the overhead drops quite a bit as opposed to that first jump. Ie: going from one display to 3 will cut your fps by about 2.5 however adding another 2 only costs an additional 33% or so .

All in all 5x1 1440p (7840x2560 in the same ballpark reso wise) runs about 1/3 what a single 1440 display will.

Naturally on a single display even maxed out several titans will give you hundreds of fps to 100 fps depending on game and config. Meaning 4k surround should be easily doable (as nvidia demonstrated) especially with an overclock. Let alone if your willing to turn off some aa which at that res is close to pointless.

What I will say is nvidias surround support is a joke at the moment, that coupled with many games not supporting an ultra ultra reso... Your in for frustrating times bordering gimmicky.

Good news is if you can run on that now, you've got power for the next 5 years should you be willing to lower the reso or settings :P

so I guess cheap 4k panels having a 30Hz refresh rate isn't that big of a deal...

although I'd also like to see benchmarks of less demanding games than crysis 3

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Why is AA on? If it wasnt and he put it at high/medium, BAM! 4k surround. Logic is not there.

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

Why is AA on? If it wasnt and he put it at high/medium, BAM! 4k surround. Logic is not there.

turning AA off completely could be valid, but maybe he was still getting some jaggies even with 4k with it completely off...

as far as turning details down a little, whats the point of 4k display if you're gonna turn down the details...?

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

turning AA off completely could be valid, but maybe he was still getting some jaggies even with 4k with it completely off...

as far as turning details down a little, whats the point of 4k display if you're gonna turn down the details...?

Have you seen what 4k looks like? High/Medium still looks fine. He was at very high.

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

Have you seen what 4k looks like? High/Medium still looks fine. He was at very high.

yeah, but someone that buy's 3 titan's and 3 4k display's isn't after "fine", they're after the best.

1 Titan = 60FPS on High at 1080P

1080p X 4 = 4K

1 Titan X 4 = 60FPS on High at 4K

So theoretically...

4K X 3 = 12K

1 Titan X 12 = 60FPS on High at 12K?

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

I believe someone on this forum tried benchmarking 1 4K monitor on 2 Titans and it barely ran at a decent framerate while maxed out so this is not really surprising :P .

Not true. I run > 4k and on one titan the lowest my framerate hits with max settings is -30fps in ffxiv.

To be fair it's overclocked to 1200/7000 but id imagine take away the overclock and lower my resolution TO 4k and it would likely be the same.

I can post screens of stuff if anyone is curious or interested.

I think it was done as baseline. The "need" arguement is kinda moot. You would be hard pressed to see aliasing on 1440 display let alone a 4k crammed into the same size bezel.

1 Titan = 60FPS on High at 1080P

1080p X 4 = 4K

1 Titan X 4 = 60FPS on High at 4K

So theoretically...

4K X 3 = 12K

1 Titan X 12 = 60FPS on High at 12K?

I understand what your trying to do, but your numbers are off. Not only do extra cards not scale 1:1 but extra pixels don't come at a 1:1 cost either.

Of course 1080p a titan gets quite a bit more than 60fps in most cases as well :P. as I mentioned previously I get -35fps off one at 4680x2560 (nvidias surround drivers were broken in ffxiv) then they fixed them. Now they're broken again :)

yeah, but someone that buy's 3 titan's and 3 4k display's isn't after "fine", they're after the best.

So? In some games, SSAO have horrible artifacts, detracting from the overall experience. That's not "the best". That's being blind to what you really want from your image. Same for Crysis' horrible lens refractions/ Michael Bay lens flares.

An actual enthusiast optimizes the image quality to performance ratio no matter what gear they have. If you just smack it to ultra you will 75% of the time get a worse experience than you would by turning some things off.

And most importantly, an actual enthusiast has a damn opinion and a mind of his own as to what looks good and what doesn't.

Also, using multi sample AA on 4K should be punished by a whipping. FXAA injector through Nvidia control panel is going to be just fine and not use much resources.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

So? In some games, SSAO have horrible artifacts, detracting from the overall experience. That's not "the best". That's being blind to what you really want from your image. Same for Crysis' horrible lens refractions/ Michael Bay lens flares.

An actual enthusiast optimizes the image quality to performance ratio no matter what gear they have. If you just smack it to ultra you will 75% of the time get a worse experience than you would by turning some things off.

And most importantly, an actual enthusiast has a damn opinion and a mind of his own as to what looks good and what doesn't.

Also, using multi sample AA on 4K should be punished by a whipping. FXAA injector through Nvidia control panel is going to be just fine and not use much resources.

well I don't really know about crysis cause I haven't played it.  but its safe to say most of the settings will be maxed out in most games for the best image quality...

im not sure if cyrsis is well optimized anymore. yeah its graphical but a game could be fucking pixels and you could still get 10 FPS if its not well optimized, so there, i  think crysis isnt well optimized

its 24.8m pixels, ofcourse 3 titans are gonna be brought to their knees xD

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

That how you have to game on a PC though right, I mean if you cant play at max whats the point? :P