Australia makes history! - Cheaper 280x Prices than US

I am not here to start an argument on whether Australia's higher prices are justified (I know the argument will start anyway though), I just thought this was kind of amusing in my mind.  

So with this increase in price of the 280X, 290 etc. worldwide due to Litecoin mining and prices consequently being at least $399USD for the 280X, I am now proud to announce that PC Case Gear Australia has this R9 280X for $379AUD ($340USD). That is considerably cheaper than the US counterpart at the moment.  Please note that that is not the usual price and will probably jump up to $400+ in a few weeks. The purpose of this post was more or less to address the price spike of the cards. 

tumblr_mq4e3rJfSK1so4q87o1_250.gif

"Australia taking the Title of cheapest 280X from the US"

YEAAAH BABY!

PS, do any of you get really nervous before posting topics? I've legit been sitting here for like half an hour contemplating whether it's appropriate to post this. If not, I'm sorry. 

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

You sir have rustled my jimmies.

Are you sure they are actually that price and not just not updating due to being out of stock?

You sir have rustled my jimmies.

Are you sure they are actually that price and not just not updating due to being out of stock?

Go on Newegg and Amazon, there's still quite a lot available. You are correct in a way as well, as there aren't many left, however, clearly LTC is the bigger factor. 

And hmm I love rustling jimmies hahahaha

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

Go on Newegg and Amazon, there's still quite a lot available. You are correct in a way as well, as there aren't many left, however, clearly LTC is the bigger factor. 

What I meant was for AU retailers :P

What I meant was for AU retailers :P

Ohh I apologise, nah it's all good those are legit, in stock, consistent prices, still in stock. MWave is another Aussie retailer that has a 280X for $379 and even one for $369. Apart from those, the rest are still at about $420, but yeah :')

Ohh I apologise, nah it's all good those are legit, in stock, consistent prices, still in stock. MWave is another Aussie retailer that has a 280X for $379 and even one for $369. Apart from those, the rest are still at about $420, but yeah :')

Fair enough then, was just checking.

Congratulations!

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

Congratulations!

Thank you, thank you, these few days will forever go down in Australian history as the golden age of computer parts. When my kids are buying they're Intel i7 15770K's and are complaining about the price, I'll show them this thread. When NVIDIA's flag ship card costs $1500AUD, I'll show them this thread. It's truly heart warming. 

I am not here to start an argument on whether Australia's higher prices are justified (I know the argument will start anyway though), I just thought this was kind of amusing in my mind.  

So with this increase in price of the 280X, 290 etc. worldwide due to Litecoin mining and prices consequently being at least $399USD for the 280X, I am now proud to announce that PC Case Gear Australia has this R9 280X for $379AUD ($340USD). That is considerably cheaper than the US counterpart at the moment.  Please note that that is not the usual price and will probably jump up to $400+ in a few weeks. The purpose of this post was more or less to address the price spike of the cards. 

tumblr_mq4e3rJfSK1so4q87o1_250.gif

"Australia taking the Title of cheapest 280X from the US"

YEAAAH BABY!

PS, do any of you get really nervous before posting topics? I've legit been sitting here for like half an hour contemplating whether it's appropriate to post this. If not, I'm sorry. 

It's a shame because of the 280 and 280x I now can't get a 7950, no shops stock them any more let alone an xfx one and no way in hell am i trusting 2nd hand.

My Current Rig: CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: H100i MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X SOC GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 Tahiti pro (Died 6/07/2014 RIP) & PowerColour HD7950  GPU Cooler: NZXT G10 W/ Corsair H55 HDD&SSD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Corsair GS 128GB + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2.  

It's a shame because of the 280 and 280x I now can't get a 7950, no shops stock them any more let alone an xfx one and no way in hell am i trusting 2nd hand.

So true, 7950's were pretty cheap here, I found a few on PCCG for like $270-280 before they were all gone. 

Nice :)

win for the Aussies

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

Woo! This day shall be forever remembered!

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

Australia's made history in areas other tan tech lol. The current state of their automotive sector has got everyone shedding tears. Whether supply can keep up with these prices is a whole different story.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Australia's made history in areas other tan tech lol. The current state of their automotive sector has got everyone shedding tears. Whether supply can keep up with these prices is a whole different story.

RIP Holden, Toyota's next as well though..

Good on ya Australia :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

what was the price of a 280x in Australia before the price jump

I'm pretty sure it hasn't moved, which is why it's cheaper than the US now.

Want.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Why wouldn't you trust a 2nd hand one?

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Well it's about damned time,  I just wish it could be for a card or part I actually want, you know like a hdd or R290 or 780Ti.  They may as well have the GT620 cheaper for the good it will do.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I'm pretty sure it hasn't moved, which is why it's cheaper than the US now.

that probably makes sense hahaha i though i saw them a bit cheaper though maybe i'm thinking about something else

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=Property&Subcategory=48&N=100007709&IsNodeId=1&IsPowerSearch=1&SrchInDesc=&MinPrice=&MaxPrice=&OEMMark=N&PropertyCodeValue=679%3A446073&Tpk=r9%20280x

every single one is sold out lol

And the ones on amazon don't qualify as available IMO, considering they're all like 600$ LOL :(

My friend wanted to buy a 280X, probably has to get a 770 instead :/

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

yay we win

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Thank you, thank you, these few days will forever go down in Australian history as the golden age of computer parts. When my kids are buying they're Intel i7 15770K's and are complaining about the price, I'll show them this thread. When NVIDIA's flag ship card costs $1500AUD, I'll show them this thread. It's truly heart warming. 

their *

Praise Duarte!