EV and more environmentally health future?

Eduard the weeb

LFTRs instead of traditional neuclear plants maybe?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

4 hours ago, Drak3 said:

No wonder you like the trash tier Nep, you're too yound to appreciate Nep greatness.

Image result for donald trump wrong gif

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

4 minutes ago, silentprototipe said:

-Snip-

Nepgear is trash tier.

As are the Trump memes at this point.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

6 hours ago, Shreyas1 said:

LFTRs instead of traditional neuclear plants maybe?

mentioned it a few pages back i believe. the issues are that politcally noone wants to do anything nuclear. as far as i know only India is pursuing LFTRs seriusly since they have a abundance of thorium to refine. It was the stigma behind the word nuclear that removed nuclear from NMR which was shortened to MR. SHort trasnport in Europe sets Norway as one of the Thorium abundant countries that can provide fuel. Sadly Norway is self-sufficient on clean energy and therefore noone wants to touch the subject of nuclear power. There is currently 1 test reactor in Norway which i believe has conducted tests with thorium rods to test an easy convertion of older rectors. Dont quote me on this though, its been a while since i looked into the matter. 

13 hours ago, asus killer said:

insert place in US where there is geothermal

San Fran has alot actually

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

the truth is that the problem is alot of the waste right now doesn't need to be made and is here just because the top of the human race cannot live without creature comforts like you realize almost 40% of food in the EU and NA is wasted 40% !!!! especially when a large part of people lack food hell some places in Africa are in famine right now.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

And saying that renewable lose jobs is dumb coal mining is super dangerous, a dying business, and those people can begin working in renewable ( working in dams or installing solar panels ) so the US backing out off the Paris agreement was a frankly super dumb idea and will only delay the inevitable of the world moving towards more green energy. 

1 hour ago, Eduard the weeb said:

And saying that renewable lose jobs is dumb coal mining is super dangerous, a dying business, and those people can begin working in renewable ( working in dams or installing solar panels ) so the US backing out off the Paris agreement was a frankly super dumb idea and will only delay the inevitable of the world moving towards more green energy. 

They will loose the opportunity to create companies that will lead the future. Those countries that bet heavy on renewables will lead the innovation. Just like the US led the pc\internet revolution.

China and the EU are clearly the winners in Trumps decision.

I think that the environment needs to be better taken care of. Honestly, if we could cut out plastic bags and use reusable bags that would be a start.

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

4 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I read a headline that did seem to raise up a question that nobody seemed to ask: How will our existing electric grid handle the influx of electrical vehicles that need to be charged at the same time?

Electric Cars are still a niche, but you are right, eventually it will be necessary for upgrades.

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

19 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I read a headline that did seem to raise up a question that nobody seemed to ask: How will our existing electric grid handle the influx of electrical vehicles that need to be charged at the same time?

I think thats really gonna be in cities where electric is getting more popular like LA is gonna be test to see how much will be needed to be done 

Hey guys I am having a debate tomorrow about this topic and I made a doc with my points could you please critique these on facts and spelling an grammar :D

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b5AphGdHeH6Sx4pIFpoNTGE7Yjyneh5-i6uhVoMMJPo/edit?usp=sharing

On 1/23/2018 at 5:02 PM, Eduard the weeb said:

yes but North Dakota is the only ones using that energy it would be taken and sent all over the US and maybe world and that doesn't look past the point of that if we burn all that first off Coal and Oil are nonrenewable so once they are gone there gone for thousands of years, next Burning all that wouldhurt the ozone layer even more melting it causing more UV rays to be lets in melting more of the Ice Caps and the Co2/methaine would do the same.

I want to make something clear to you I understand that you as a farmer are having a hard time and I feel bad for you that when I had this discussion with you last time that if I am correct your trucks battery died, but right now we are talking about the possible extinction of are species and many others, and if the Ozone melts through farming is only gonna be more difficult for you, with you and other farmers having to get more cooling system for you and your livestock and your plants dying much faster 

Well this sounds familiar(thanks to a lost Californian, and thanks epa, now it sounds like I have to figure out how much a cow farts and report it, what's next a breathing tax?)...So,

1. Look North of Casselton ND. All what you will see is a sea of red lights. Wind farm. Look to the south. Wind farm. As one of the things ND is famous for we are using it and selling it to Canada and MN.

2. A lot of our coal doesn't stay in state. Iirc most goes to China, and what's left goes to our few coal plants, and plants in the midwest.

3. Garrison Dam. Built in the 50s and ever  since then we have exported power. If the Missouri river quits well? it won't for quite a while, if it does then there probably be a large project to pipe water up here for irrigation and misc. Uses(drinking etc.)

4. Ozone doesn't "melt". As the local college said when the paper asked: co2 doesn't deplete the ozone layer, it just slowes it's regeneration. Cfcs hurt the ozone. Methane doesn't either. 

5. Anytime global warming is argued, we have a cold winter. Fun. Plants are being developed and some have naturally evolved already to deal with the issues of no ozone(uv rays etc).

6. Cooling system for livestock? What is your idea of a farm in North America? A feedlot?  If you mean water misters, no. That makes mud, which is worse. Our cows simply go into the shade(trees, other side of hills) during the day and at night/dawn/dusk go and graze and do whatever.

7. In one way plants die ing faster would be almost better  as they would stress(higher protein=more money) and, from what I have seen, produce faster. All crops I grow have to die before harvest, except the crab apple, choke cherry and buffalo berry trees/shrubs, which are for personal consumption. 

8. Find me a battery that stands up to our extremes, which have been close to the same ever since they have began recording them.(126f in the summer, -70f in the winter)

9. Clean coal actually does make sense and works.  See current epa regulations. It basically  has to be breathable anymore. All soot and other "bad" gasses have to be either captured or converted. See previous post on using co2 from ND in Canada to extract oil. That's the plan going forward for most of the state's  coal plants.

10. An idea: exempt ag people from regulations and ban vehicles from everyone else. Or you know, get China to care about it. Both aren't happening as no one cares about the ag people and China is China and not changing. 

3 hours ago, TheGleaner said:

---snip---

10. An idea: exempt ag people from regulations and ban vehicles from everyone else. Or you know, get China to care about it. Both aren't happening as no one cares about the ag people and China is China and not changing. 

China seems to be doing quite a lot about it. At least according to this wiki article i found in 20 sec: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renewable_energy_in_China

Looks like china is changing. Their power section by coal is going down while renewable is going up. By percentage the US powergeneration is cleaner, but only due to nuclear power. My estimation is that in around 2022, the chinese power sector will be the cleanest among the super-powers in the world. 

On 1/25/2018 at 12:28 AM, TheGleaner said:

Ozone doesn't "melt". As the local college said when the paper asked: co2 doesn't deplete the ozone layer, it just slowes it's regeneration. Cfcs hurt the ozone. Methane doesn't either. 

your saying that as there is a massive hole in the ozone over Antarctica, they explain in bio class here at my school they explain that takes apart the ozone making the O3 ozone into chlorine monoxide so it doesn't melt and it can heal, but takes time the hole in the ozone is expected to be fully healed in about 2050 or 2060

image.jpeg.02e70db90179e5212fe4f16c1b41edd7.jpeg

6. Cooling system for livestock? What is your idea of a farm in North America? A feedlot?  If you mean water misters, no. That makes mud, which is worse. Our cows simply go into the shade(trees, other side of hills) during the day and at night/dawn/dusk go and graze and do whatever.

Well SOME farms have cooling system for there animals to keep them cool thats is one of the reason featherless chicken are know a thing to save on cooling systems and to make it faster to get a chicken from a farm to a grocery store with less feathers to pluck afterwards.

Clean coal actually does make sense and works.  See current epa regulations. It basically  has to be breathable anymore. All soot and other "bad" gasses have to be either captured or converted. See previous post on using co2 from ND in Canada to extract oil. That's the plan going forward for most of the state's  coal plants.

coal is a dying and if you want to go into the earth geothermal makes more sense Image result for how many coal miners are there

Farmers should probably be given leanness for a few years maybe even decades anyway china is becoming way more efficient, because about 200,000 Chinese people die a year directly because of pollution, and there beginning to build newer Nuclear reactors to power there cities and Nuclear reactors are becoming much cleaner then when they were originally made in the 60's and 70's.

5. Anytime global warming is argued, we have a cold winter. Fun. Plants are being developed and some have naturally evolved already to deal with the issues of no ozone(uv rays etc).

that doesn't mean its not happening thought even if we do have cold winter, thats similar to if there is a famine and someone saying its not happening because it's not effecting me right now. anyway even if the plants can survive that doesn't mean we can, if we went in a nuclear winter ( ozone would be somewhat destroyed ) it would take about 5-6 mins in the sun to be badly sun burned

8. Find me a battery that stands up to our extremes, which have been close to the same ever since they have began recording them.(126f in the summer, -70f in the winter)

like I said battery tech isn't perfect but it is improving and there already are extreme batteries out there because people live farther north then you and they survive.

Well this sounds familiar(thanks to a lost Californian, and thanks epa, now it sounds like I have to figure out how much a cow farts and report it, what's next a breathing tax?)...So,

the carbon tax has helped reduce Californians carbon alot and there is a breathing room before you have to pay an its been pretty successful, like look no major corps have left cali to go somewhere else its just made places get more energy efficient.

and you have to realize that we don't have unlimited gas, but right now we have almost limitless amounts of sun and wind and a hell of alot of water so wall we will need to move away from fossil fuels those seem to be are only option and when the nations in the middle east are moving away from the thing that made them rich you know you need to move.

Question to anyone how lives in Cali

has the new carbon tax affected you ?

How to kill coal: 1. remove all subsidies for it.      2. Subsidies other solutions around 70% of the cost to change to green solutions including Nuclear, but drop subsidies there to 50% of the cost to change.      3. start taxing CO2 output and put extra tax on the purschase of coal. 

4. Improve the power grid without making the businesses pay for it. (this will increase profit margins).

5. Set up a planned obsalessence on coal powerplants to force them to shut down after x amount of years. 

6. Employ those who worked at coal mines and powerplants at the new facilites or in new sectors to fuel the increase demand of solar and other. 

7. dont get lobbied

8. watch as the coal industry burns to the ground. 

9. Can be applied to gas and other bad powerplants of your choice

On 24/1/2018 at 5:29 PM, M.Yurizaki said:

Just don't fast charge them all at the same time, easy.

Top-up charging while at work, full charge slowly overnight at home, following grid power availability.

If anything, it's a good extra way to balance renewables as well, as you effectively have extra grid power storage built into vehicles in every home. That would reduce the need for regional grid interconnections, which is how the variability of renewables is usually accounted for today.

For example, wind power in Denmark providing half the electrical consumption on average; that only works because on windy days much of the power is sent to Norway, Sweden, and Germany, and when the wind dies down, power from hydro plants in Norway and Sweden is sent back to Denmark to cover the shortfall.

25 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

For example, wind power in Denmark providing half the electrical consumption on average; that only works because on windy days much of the power is sent to Norway, Sweden, and Germany, and when the wind dies down, power from hydro plants in Norway and Sweden is sent back to Denmark to cover the shortfall.

aren't all those nations over 50% renewable/green  at least ?

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

7. dont get lobbied

That’s the hardest one. Lobbyists are always gonna go to wherever they can earn money. It’s always about money.

Just now, DrDerp said:

That’s the hardest one. Lobbyists are always gonna go to wherever they can earn money. It’s always about money.

I know in the Conservative Florida they got a bill passed for adding green sources against lobbiest dollar under the pretense of it widing the market so there is more competition 

14 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

I know in the Conservative Florida they got a bill passed for adding green sources against lobbiest dollar under the pretense of it widing the market so there is more competition 

That’s good.

50 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

aren't all those nations over 50% renewable/green  at least ?

Norway and Sweden are because they have lots of mountains. Lots of free hydro power.

Denmark isn't so lucky, so it had to invest a lot in wind power instead.