Quiet Optimised Static Pressure Fans

Hey guys,

I am going to be rebuilding my watercooling loop in the next couple of weeks and would like to know the best fans for temps but also silence (I know it won't be completely silent but you get my drift). Silence is preferable over temps but would like to get a good balance of the two, I am currently using Corsair AF140s and SP120s on my radiators and all 5 fans give off a rather annoying groaning sound periodically.

I would recommend Noctua NFF12's, however they are quite pricey and have a rather ugly colour scheme, they do however (I think) have other colour options now such as just a plain grey colour.

MochPot: AMD Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, ASRock X370 Fatality K7, 8GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070, 256gb Salvaged Intel Rando NVME SSD, Corsair RM750x, Corsair Carbide 275R, Windows 10 Pro

ZenServerRequiem: AMD Ryzen 3 2200g, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4, MSI B450 Gaming Plus, 4GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 960, 2GB Nvidia Quadro P400, 500gb Salvaged Intel Rando NVME SSD (Cache Drive only), 3 x Seagate Baracuda 2TB, Corsair CX500, Corsair Carbine 750T, Limetech Unraid (Running Plex, Jackett, Sonarr, WireShark, Duck DNS, Ubuntu Server VM for MC server)

Silent wings 3 are quiet and ok rad fans, dont think they are made for static pressure though but they work pretty good. i run Fracal Design Dynamic fans and i cant say i hear them much more than a quiet whisper and they are running maxed out all the time

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Silent wings 3 are quiet and ok rad fans, dont think they are made for static pressure though but they work pretty good. i run Fracal Design Dynamic fans and i cant say i hear them much more than a quiet whisper and they are running maxed out all the time

7 minutes ago, ShadowArk said:

I would recommend Noctua NFF12's, however they are quite pricey and have a rather ugly colour scheme, they do however (I think) have other colour options now such as just a plain grey colour.

Aight!!! Cheers fellas I think I'll go for the Silent Wings 3 cos they look a hell of a lot better and have great reviews.

11 minutes ago, Jahcrispie said:

Hey guys,

I am going to be rebuilding my watercooling loop in the next couple of weeks and would like to know the best fans for temps but also silence (I know it won't be completely silent but you get my drift). Silence is preferable over temps but would like to get a good balance of the two, I am currently using Corsair AF140s and SP120s on my radiators and all 5 fans give off a rather annoying groaning sound periodically.

I had experience with noctua nf-f12 and hd120 fans. They are both quiet in PUSH between 800 and 1200rpm.  HD120 is a little louder in PULL

Just now, SmashinMachine said:

I had experience with noctua nf-f12 and hd120 fans. They are both quiet in PUSH between 800 and 1200rpm.  HD120 is a little louder in PULL

Is there a 140mm version of the Noctua NF-F12s?

1 minute ago, Jahcrispie said:

There are different versions of it that are 140mm, but the NFF12 itself only comes in 120mm

MochPot: AMD Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, ASRock X370 Fatality K7, 8GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070, 256gb Salvaged Intel Rando NVME SSD, Corsair RM750x, Corsair Carbide 275R, Windows 10 Pro

ZenServerRequiem: AMD Ryzen 3 2200g, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4, MSI B450 Gaming Plus, 4GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 960, 2GB Nvidia Quadro P400, 500gb Salvaged Intel Rando NVME SSD (Cache Drive only), 3 x Seagate Baracuda 2TB, Corsair CX500, Corsair Carbine 750T, Limetech Unraid (Running Plex, Jackett, Sonarr, WireShark, Duck DNS, Ubuntu Server VM for MC server)

2 minutes ago, Jahcrispie said:

Yes I use it. Their name is nf-a14

Just now, SmashinMachine said:

Yes I use it. Their name is nf-a14

Cheers man

Nf-f12 are availiable in black nowdays. They called chromax https://noctua.at/en/nf-f12-pwm-chromax-black-swap

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop

corsair ml120 pro are better than silent wings 3, even more so against rads

17 hours ago, Jahcrispie said:

Hey guys,

ML Pro's are my personal favorite currently. Very quiet but pushes allot of CFM.

Talked about in another post:

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

I second/third the ML140s. I have 4 of them in push/pull and you can just about hear the woosh of air as it goes through the radiator.