My take on Intel refuse to patch the bug.

Windows 10 users are already receiving the update, KB4056892.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

2 minutes ago, MrFriendism said:

I do a lot of Chrome thing and similar which is very heavy. Like 50 + tabs or so sometimes.

That doesn't count. Don't worry.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, WereCatf said:

That doesn't count. Don't worry.

What about the Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustraror and such similar softwares?

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.

2 minutes ago, jj9987 said:

Windows 10 users are already receiving the update, KB4056892.

What about the Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Mac OS Yosemite ?

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.

1 minute ago, MrFriendism said:

What about the Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustraror and such similar softwares?

That's still not the kind of workload I was talking about. After Effects handles big files, ie. lots of file-I/O, so sure, it might see a performance drop, but even then it'd probably be in the 1%-3% region or something. I can't say for sure, as I don't use it, but I still maintain that you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Just accept it, stop bothering yourself about it and go do something more fun.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 hour ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I think that says "everything is fire"

I though it was a typo and a sarcastic remark about Otellini selling the shares.

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

The bug is about applications being able to sort of read the portions of memory used by the operating system, and because that memory may contain some sensitive information from other programs, it's possible for applications to steal that data without your operating system or your antivirus being aware. 

For example, let's say you have a computer with two virtual machines, one running Windows and one Linux , they're like two separate computers running on your computer... each virtual machine has its own processor cores, own memory , own disk space and so on.

However, with this bug, an application running on your Windows virtual machine could read memory that belongs to the other virtual machine and in that memory there could be something sensitive.

Imagine a dedicated server in a datacenter which has 10 virtual machines running, each is "Virtual Private Server" you can buy for something like 20-30$ a month.  One user could buy a VPS to have a forum like this one we're writing to here,  while another user could buy a VPS just to install a minecraft server.

Well, the guy with the minecraft server could use this bug to read the memory and eventually it may catch the username and password of the forum database, or read forum posts, all being data it should never be able to get.

For a home user, just a regular Joe with browser and lots of tabs or watching youtube or playing games , there's not much worry, the only risk is that some viruses could take advantage of this bug to hide from antivirus programs. You may not even need to install the patches, your computer will work just fine like it worked since you bought it without these patches.

58 minutes ago, mariushm said:

The bug is about applications being able to sort of read the portions of memory used by the operating system, and because that memory may contain some sensitive information from other programs, it's possible for applications to steal that data without your operating system or your antivirus being aware. 

For example, let's say you have a computer with two virtual machines, one running Windows and one Linux , they're like two separate computers running on your computer... each virtual machine has its own processor cores, own memory , own disk space and so on.

However, with this bug, an application running on your Windows virtual machine could read memory that belongs to the other virtual machine and in that memory there could be something sensitive.

Imagine a dedicated server in a datacenter which has 10 virtual machines running, each is "Virtual Private Server" you can buy for something like 20-30$ a month.  One user could buy a VPS to have a forum like this one we're writing to here,  while another user could buy a VPS just to install a minecraft server.

Well, the guy with the minecraft server could use this bug to read the memory and eventually it may catch the username and password of the forum database, or read forum posts, all being data it should never be able to get.

For a home user, just a regular Joe with browser and lots of tabs or watching youtube or playing games , there's not much worry, the only risk is that some viruses could take advantage of this bug to hide from antivirus programs. You may not even need to install the patches, your computer will work just fine like it worked since you bought it without these patches.

How about hijacked mining or ransom-ware?

Those are new things which are highly hurting as compared to malware now.

Just now, MrFriendism said:

How about hijacked mining or ransom-ware?

Those are new things which are highly hurting as compared to malware now.

Nah, unlikely.

Again ... some application with bad intentions (or some web page with scripting or plugins active in it) has to run in order to "sniff" the memory of the computer and potentially get information that normally would not be available to it. If you're not actively loading website pages or running random applications on the computer, then nothing would run to get the opportunity of taking advantage of this bug.

If you have a mining rig which only runs the mining software and the firewall only lets https / stratum connections to the mining pool go through (or to your stratum proxy or whatever you use, if you have multiple rigs) and nothing go in, and you don't browse websites on that rig or run random apps, then nobody should be able to use this bug to do anything to your mining rig.

Right now, as far as i know the exploits only proved that it's possible to copy some bytes of memory from somewhere you normally wouldn't be able to reach. You can't write data there to affect the behavior or some applications or to corrupt them (inject your code into them), can't control what's there,  it's just some opportunity to get something you normally wouldn't get.  Could be total junk, could be something useless, in rare cases could be valuable data from databases, cached rows of database tables which could store usernames and passwords.

2 hours ago, MrFriendism said:

What about the Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Mac OS Yosemite ?

Latest High Sierra has some patches, others are in 10.13.3 beta. No clue about older ones, if and when.

Windows 7 and Windows 8 users can manually download and install the update now, however, Microsoft will roll-out the update automatically via Windows Update next Tuesday.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/899948/Windows-10-Update-Intel-Processor-Risk

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

Just look at the Tech News subforum, it's near the top of there

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

It isn't the bug (design flaw) that can slow it, it's the patch to fix it, or to be more precise, the patch for meltdown, since there are 2 flaws. You won't notice any difference, it's the enterprise systems that get hit the most due to heavy workload, as pointed to me by a fellow member. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Just now, Danielvtheman said:

FYI their is no way around this flaw.

Nor their is no way around the update.