Windows sucks, Linux master race.

Stupid microsoft and windows. I hate anything after windows 7. Now they wanna "connect" the xbox one and windows 8 with their shit interfaces and "games". Linux, PLEASE get here fast! I can't wait until Linux takes over. I'm so sick of this social aspect of everything. Everything has to have skype and facebook, and be connected at all times. Seriously. This is a thing that I absolutely hate about this time we live in. I mean, the technology is great and keeps improving, and we have lots of great games to play, but I don't want to have my operating system and practically everything else so social and connected.

I know that you don't have to use the metro interface or whatever it's called in Windows 8. But that's not what this is about. I want control over my devices. I want freedom. I wanna customize my PC's operating system so that it fits me perfectly. I don't want someone to decide that for me.

Linux is the future, and I can't wait to completely abandon Windows. It has become horseshit now.

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

Linux will be amazing but currently windows still has a place. I would prefer to use Linux over windows but currently I enjoy playing games and dont want to fiddle around with WINE or visualizing a windows machine to play games off of (yes i know it is just as fast but i dont want to go through the hassle) until then my rig is windows main partition mint secondary. Just like you I cant wait to abandon windows.

What distro are you running?

Cpu: Intel i5- 4570 | Ram: Crucial DDR3 8GB | Video Card: Evega GTX 660 Ti 2GB Super Clocked

Monitor: Philips 24" | Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire TK | Mouse: Logitech G700s |

Steam

So there is a master race above the master race

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

What are you talking about? No one is forcing you tu use those 'connected' features. While they are complete BS, you may as well ignore them. And mark my words: once Linux gets as popular as Windows (unlikely, unless someone makes a good distribution for average Joes), IT WILL BE THE SAME. Someone will try to cash in. Period. This is the world we live in, get over it.

Windows is better than ever before and is far in front in terms of usability compared to OSX and Linux. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Also I have never been on facebook and havent had skype in over a year. I dont need to be connected at all times. Game compatibility is my only reason.

This thread has high chances if turning into a bashing festival where Linux users bash windows users and even other Linux users bash Linux users. This has happened before

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

WINE is no substitute for native software, Mario Kart rip off game sucks, audio driver issues are a known issue and if you use a Ubuntu based distro, have fun upgrading constantly.

Master race? No.

In a world where social media is everything it does drive companies such as Microsoft to push it in their new products, which is sad because it is resulting in poor products and I am 100% on your side, but they see stats and money signs and they'd rather 10's of millions of happy casual users than half a million intermediate users.

#LESBOBRICKS

ngbbs4a68fe802b2d6.jpg

/thread

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

Stupid microsoft and windows. I hate anything after windows 7. Now they wanna "connect" the xbox one and windows 8 with their shit interfaces and "games". Linux, PLEASE get here fast! I can't wait until Linux takes over. I'm so sick of this social aspect of everything. Everything has to have skype and facebook, and be connected at all times. Seriously. This is a thing that I absolutely hate about this time we live in. I mean, the technology is great and keeps improving, and we have lots of great games to play, but I don't want to have my operating system and practically everything else so social and connected.

I know that you don't have to use the metro interface or whatever it's called in Windows 8. But that's not what this is about. I want control over my devices. I want freedom. I wanna customize my PC's operating system so that it fits me perfectly. I don't want someone to decide that for me.

Linux is the future, and I can't wait to completely abandon Windows. It has become horseshit now.

No one asks you to use those features at all times. They can all be turn off. Including Policies that are there for you to execute those actions. And you don't even need to use metro interface on Windows 8.1 at all. So what in the world you're living in? Took your medicine yet?

Windows 8 trying to hold your hand like Mac.

Use Classicshell or Start8. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

ITT: People feeding the troll. Just ignore him. You cannot reason with it, you cannot debate with it. You can only feed it.

Anyone who knows anything about Windows/Linux knows that his 'argument' is littered with misconceptions and logical fallacies that are there specifically to create a circular logic based 'debate'.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

Linux is non-friendly & hard to use if you're not linux-tech guy. So, thx, but no, I'll stay with my Windows 7

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Linux is non-friendly & hard to use if you're not linux-tech guy. So, thx, but no, I'll stay with my Windows 7

ಠ_ಠ ....

I give up. Feed the troll if you want. Waste your time.

On that note:

Linux is completely user friendly if you have an IQ above that of a potato. Linux != command line. You can get GUI-based distros you know. This isn't early dev Linux we are talking about.

God help me if you are trolling too....

PSU

I agree. UNIX based anything ftw.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

if you use a Ubuntu based distro, have fun upgrading constantly.

Theres nothing wrong with constant upgrading, infact, I get a kernel upgrade almost weekly, staying up to date with the stable kernel branch.

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

So... what about you use Windows just for gaming? I mean, dual booting is useful when you want the best of both worlds. I use Windows for games ,and Ubuntu for the rest. 

PD: To whoever says any UNIX distro is hard to use, is because a) you are 80 years old, or b ) Never tried it-

AMD Phenom II x6 1055T @ 3.8 GHz | Gigabyte 870A-USB3 | Kingston ValueRAM 2x2GB 1333 MHz | ASUS nVidia ENGTX460 1 GB | Corsair H60 

Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced Edition | Toshiba 1 TB HDD | Logitech G300 | Cheapo Keyboard | Genius GX Gaming Lychas | SteelSeries Qck Mass Le White

Windows has its uses as does Linux as does OS X, BSD, Solaris or any other OS in existence. No OS will ever do everything for everyone while keeping absolutely everyone happy, hence the reason we have multiple different ones.

I Like Linux but for many people it is not the end solution. I use it on my home file server as well as at work quite a bit, my non tech dad was also on it for over a year then got windows as it came with a new laptop he had no issues whatsoever (so its not hard to use). However I also use windows on my home pc as the driver support I find in my situation is better (Linux doesn't like my graphics card unless I constantly fiddle with files and I am a gamer) and on basically all the user pc's at work (apart from the macs :)  ). I have used many OS's and find your views to be entirely your own (which you are welcome to have and express) and I shall carry on using each and every OS for the purposes that I have found they best suit. 

ps I also use windows 8 and I haven't signed into the Facebook stuff, I made a local user account so no its not tied to my Microsoft account and I have set my default programs to use my preferred programs so I don't have to use the metro apps. Start 8 is also great for blocking the hot corners (which sadly Linux has as well) and getting a start menu back. There are things I don't like in Win 8 however I have decided to use it knowing these problems are there.

tl;dr To each his/her own!

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

ngbbs4a68fe802b2d6.jpg

/thread

Not cool dude

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

Not cool dude

if-a-troll-trolls-a-troll-then-who-is-re

PSU