DT880 would they "leak" too much for Modmic 5?

AdvancedKittyWarfer

Okay I'm looking into a very big audio upgrade for my setup (first step into setup heaven) and a few recommended the DT line. Some said DT770 or DT880 or DT990 but the 880's seemed to be the middle of those the 770's and 990's. But I forgot to think about that it was semi open. I were to use a modmic 5 on it but now I'm afraid of it picking up the sound which I dont want.. And I don't really think the DT770 are for me..

Nah the modmic isn't very sensitive.

Just get the directional version, not the omni.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Nah the modmic isn't very sensitive.

Just get the directional version, not the omni.

The new modmic 5 can switch can't it?

Just now, AdvancedKittyWarfer said:

The new modmic 5 can switch can't it?

Idk I haven't used a modmic in years.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I've used this setup. Have never had someone complaining to be about sound feedback loop

Even in Omni mode it is unlikely to pick up any noise bleed. Nothing is impossible though, as someone just stated in the discord they accidentally set their headphones to volume 100 and created a feedback loop after nearly causing permanent hearing damage (and possibly permanent damage to the headphones).

Basically any volume that I'd reasonably use as headphones isnt going to affect the ModMic. If you have a hearing condition (or want one) I can't say for sure, but it takes a lot :) 

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

On 2018-01-02 at 6:41 PM, AAJoe said:

Even in Omni mode it is unlikely to pick up any noise bleed. Nothing is impossible though, as someone just stated in the discord they accidentally set their headphones to volume 100 and created a feedback loop after nearly causing permanent hearing damage (and possibly permanent damage to the headphones).

Basically any volume that I'd reasonably use as headphones isnt going to affect the ModMic. If you have a hearing condition (or want one) I can't say for sure, but it takes a lot :) 

Well in matter of fact I do have a hearing condition. my right ear doesn't "pick up" as much so I generally feel in any headphone of sorts that the headphones aren't balanced thought they probably are I just can't hear it.