NEW PC Build (Need Help Picking i7 CPU!)

Hello, 

So I'm planning on building a new PC for  high-end gaming and solid creative capabilities such as video editing, image editing/creation, light 3D modeling etc. and I'm having issues determining the right CPU for the job and for future proof-ness as well. I do not know if the i7 7700k or i7 7800x would be the best choice. 

Planned Build:

CPU: i7 7700k/i7 7800x 

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H60

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270H GAMING/ MSI x299 Raider

Memory: 32GB DDR4 (2x16) @ 2400mhz 

Primary Storage: Seagate 2TB Hard Drive

Secondary Storage: Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 250GB

GPU: GeForce GTX 1070 8GB

PSU: EVGA 850 Watt 80 Plus Bronze

Case: NZXT H440

Monitor: ASUS 1080p 144hz 1ms

Thank you for looking :)

P.S. Budget not to exceed $2,400.

3 minutes ago, Matu20 said:

Neither CPU is good right now, 8700k will be the better option.

I was considering going with the 8700k, but I also saw the i7-7820x which seems to provide better specs. I'm pretty sure I can fit it into the build, just wondering if that would be the better option. Thanks for the reply!

6 minutes ago, NobodyIsaiah said:

I was considering going with the 8700k, but I also saw the i7-7820x which seems to provide better specs. I'm pretty sure I can fit it into the build, just wondering if that would be the better option. Thanks for the reply!

8700k is effectively 2 generations ahead of the 7820x and one ahead of the 7700k, the best buy rn is the 8700k

1 minute ago, ImNotThere said:

8700k is effectively 2 generations ahead of the 7820x and one ahead of the 7700k, the best buy rn is the 8700k

Thanks for the input. appreciate it!

However, the i7 7820x IS more powerfull than the 8700k in multi threaded applications and content creation (look at puget systems articles as it recomends the 7820x for adobe premiere pro) Also there is the possible upgrades to the i9 series CPUs which are very powerfull and currently make the top 4 fastest processors on cpu.userbenchmark and are the best for content creation at 4k/6k but if all you want to do is high end gaming and light or noticably slower performance content creation against the i9 CPUs the 8700k is the best for you.  Also, the i9s cost ALOT more. Hope this helps!

Used to be everywhere in LTT forums, had a break which lasted apparently 1 year LOL. 

Gonna get up againnnn.

Wake me up if I sleep again like Oppy.