Do I need larger case? if so, which one?

Lumikor

Current case is Fractal Design R5, it's a great case and I really like it. However, I might want to add another GPU in the future and right now I can't because the PSU is at the button of the case and I'm pretty sure it's blocking my 3rd PCIE slot. Perhaps I'm wrong, I don't know. 

My motherboard is Asus Prime Z370-A, I already have a Galax 1080ti with G12+Kraken X62 and Gigabyte 1080ti Aorus Waterforce Extreme (the AIO one), I have no plans to run SLI, it's a workstation. 

My requirements are:

* Easy cable management 

* Space for two 120 rads and two 240

* Filers can be great (I have 3 cats)

* Flexibility, I don't need all the cages, I only use the M2 slot under the heatsink (there a two slots) 

* I need it to look nice, for example, I don't want all bays hidden or non existing, I also don't care much about front ports. 

Now for the big problem:

I live in Israel and I don't have much to choose from, Amazon are out the question, too many stolen orders. Newegg Israel are good choice or plonter.co.il if any one can read Hebrew. 

Any tips or suggestions are welcome.

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

wait.. an R5 with the power supply blocking pcie slots? you're doing something wrong my friend :P

I'm assuming he has PCIe slot on the very bottom of the board, which shouldn't be used for a GPU anyway.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Which motherboard are you using right now? Pretty sure the r5 was built with crossfire/sli in mind. Unless you have some tall ass unheard of PSU.

37 minutes ago, Xenift said:

Which motherboard are you using right now? Pretty sure the r5 was built with crossfire/sli in mind. Unless you have some tall ass unheard of PSU.

I've mentioned my MB in the post, my PSU is Antec HCP-1000P and it's looks like there's little room for a single slot card, maybe.

12 minutes ago, Lumikor said:

I've mentioned my MB in the post, my PSU is Antec HCP-1000P and it's looks like there's little room for a single slot card, maybe.

Yeah the last slot definitely looks single slot. To be really honest at this point people usually go for the really tall cases like the mastercase series.

Even putting a single slot card in there will starve the airflow in the build. Only options i see is water cooling or get a beefy case.

HAF X. Dirt cheap used and is massive, with decent front I/O. Only worth it if you can find one used though and they’re a PITA to work in

That's an F in the profile pic

On 1/1/2018 at 6:55 AM, Froody129 said:

HAF X. Dirt cheap used and is massive, with decent front I/O. Only worth it if you can find one used though and they’re a PITA to work in

I don't want any front I/O...please read the opening post.

1 hour ago, Lumikor said:

I don't want any front I/O...please read the opening post.

On 12/28/2017 at 3:51 AM, Lumikor said:

* I also don't care much about front ports. 

Not caring about them and not wanting them are two different things

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

If you don't want a front i/o how are you going to turn the pc on ?Jump it with a screw driver ?And i don't think your motherboard will run a 3rd video card at no more then 8x or less,And using it might slow down your 2 m.2 drives also.

I need to decide between the following: 

Be Quiet! Dark Base 900

Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 

Phanteks Enthoo Primo

LIAN LI PC-A76

The Silent Base features seems like the best for me, but, I'm worried (still) the I won't be able to use the 3rd PCIE slot with dual card together with the two cards I already have (unless of course, next generation of video cards will be single slot) 

two more comments: 

1. This is not a gaming computer, the cards can work with PCIE X1 for all I care. 

2. I don't care about the front IO because I just don't need it, I don't use it now and I won't use it in the future, the system is doing all the encoding and cuda works for me instead of doing it on my daily PC.

6 hours ago, Lumikor said:

The Silent Base features seems like the best for me, but, I'm worried (still) the I won't be able to use the 3rd PCIE slot with dual card together with the two cards I already have (unless of course, next generation of video cards will be single slot) 

Why wouldnt you be able to put a gpu in the last slot? The case has 8 PCI-E slots, so as long as your third GPU is a true 2 slot design, then you'll be fine. You could even invert the interior so the third GPU points to the top and not inhibited ny the PSU at all, since that staus at the bottom of the case

ImageServer.php?ID=cec02a775@be-quiet.net&omitPreview=true&.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

@TVwazhere Web site says 7, same as in my R5 and size wise, it doesn't looks much bigger. I need to ask so I can be sure and I won't end up with empty case for my cats to sleep in. I can't go to the store and check it out unfortunately (I'm not sure there are stores in Israel that sells Be Quiet and I live in the middle on no where) 

1 hour ago, Lumikor said:

@TVwazhere Web site says 7, same as in my R5 and size wise, it doesn't looks much bigger. I need to ask so I can be sure and I won't end up with empty case for my cats to sleep in. I can't go to the store and check it out unfortunately (I'm not sure there are stores in Israel that sells Be Quiet and I live in the middle on no where) 

Website says 8, actually

https://www.bequiet.com/en/case/699

image.png.75767e5e11fedab9961e686e1322c4f6.png

ImageServer.php?ID=d04fca770@be-quiet.net&omitPreview=true&.jpg

9 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

@TVwazhere dude...really? you quote my part on silent base...

3 minutes ago, Lumikor said:

@TVwazhere dude...really? you quote my part on silent base...

My bad. 

The Dark Base 900 has 8 PCI-E expansion slots, so I'd go for that. The Silent base 800 has 7 which would not be enough, as future cards are almost guaranteed to be 2 card designs for the foreseeable future.