Vaping

Eyb0s

Hello, so i just wanted to ask is here any people who vapes? What devices are using?

6 hours ago, Eyb0s said:

so i just wanted to ask is here any people who vapes?

Nope, I don't subject myself or others to popcorn lung.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Just being in the same room with friends who are vaping make me want to die. Please dont 

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

please tell me it's because you want to quit smoking

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 hour ago, Sierra Fox said:

please tell me it's because you want to quit smoking

Yes, i have quited smoking for 6 months now

I don't vape, but one of my friends does.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

On 12/27/2017 at 3:53 AM, Nuluvius said:

And you now want to start filling your lungs with something that's even worse... Darwinism at its best xD

You see, you are part of problem, because you are not researching your statements:) if you will send me some articles with legit research material that vaping is worse than smoking i will pay you :)!

On 12/27/2017 at 1:19 AM, lewdicrous said:

Why do you want to vape?

Is it because you want to quit smoking or is it just cause you think it's 'cool'?

No because i dropped regular tabacco cigs 

On 12/27/2017 at 1:15 AM, Nuluvius said:

Nope, I don't subject myself or others to popcorn lung.

Ohh :) please send me some legit articles about popcorn lungs :), like really legit not philip morris sponsored stuff

4 hours ago, Nuluvius said:

And you now want to start filling your lungs with something that's even worse... Darwinism at its best xD

28 minutes ago, Eyb0s said:

You see, you are part of problem, because you are not researching your statements:) if you will send me some articles with legit research material that vaping is worse than smoking i will pay you :)!

I don't know if it's worse but you're still putting things into your lungs that don't belong there.

4 hours ago, Eyb0s said:

Yes, i have quited smoking for 6 months now

If you quit smoking cigs then I don't advise you start vaping, vaping is still harmful (I know it's not as harmful as tobacco smoking but it's still bad)

You can also get addicted to vaping, even if you use as little as 5mg of nicotine, talking from experience.

Your lungs are still gonna have to remove all those unwanted chemicals you inhale, VG and PG aren't meant to be inhaled.

As someone who quit smoking and vaping, I don't suggest you start vaping.

At the end of the day, what you do to your body is up to you.

I do vape and I own my own shop. If you have already quit smoking successfully then I would tell you not to pick up vaping. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

11 minutes ago, Eyb0s said:

You don't have to be so triggered, i vape because it's 95% safer than cigs, and i only vape when there is no kids around or if i'm in public i vape stealth mtl kits. And please pick new articles and not from 2009 and so on, there is no diacetyl in ejuices anymore so your argument is invalid.

... did you read his post? I counted six articles from 2017, and at least one from 2016.

As far as I'm aware, 2017 is newer than 2009. Did I get the math wrong on that? Is, in fact, 2009 more recent than 2017?

Also, can you explain in more detail what a vape stealth "MTL" (Mouth-to-lung?) kit is? And how it functions? Researching the term, it does not seem to provide any benefit to reducing second hand emissions.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

30 minutes ago, Eyb0s said:

You don't have to be so triggered

Who's 'triggered'? I was providing you with the research that you requested.

i vape because it's 95% safer than cigs

The research suggests that to be false due to the volume of other pollutants, toxicants and carcinogens packed into those products in combination with standard nicotine; which also becomes more virulent once heated/charged or 'dripped'. Moreover, one could postulate that at least with normal cigarettes the contents are going to be somewhat consistent, predictable and regulated...

in public i vape stealth mtl kits

You state that as if you believe that behaviour to be any better... Frankly it's amazing O.o

And please pick new articles and not from 2009 and so on

If you paid closer attention to the dates (that I included) or even read those articles then you'd see that many were very recent indeed i.e. 2017.

there is no diacetyl in ejuices anymore...

I felt it important to include that since you'd specifically asked how these products related to 'popcorn lung'. I felt that this served as sufficient background information, and since the date was specifically and intentionally included as well as the content of article itself going into detail about regulation, had hoped that would be obvious. It seems not though...

...so your argument is invalid.

I fail to see how since the weight of other, very recent research clearly shows the negative effects of these things. In fact it's plastered all over the internet... With more research being carried out as time goes on and these things become even more notorious and prevalent.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

I find it funny people have the NEED to hate on smoking/vaping nowadays, when at the same time drinking is still viewed positively and drug legalization is becoming more a reality.

I never done any drugs (only alcohol mildly) but JUST STOP telling people what they should/should not use.

I believe drugs should be legal and controlled, like they are in Portugal.

And I believe ppl should shut the f up about others habits, as long as it does not affect them (if you smoke 90 cigs a day inside your house its ok, but dont come to my house and blow smoke on my kids)

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

i really dont get all the backlash in this thread. nobody goes into the car/moto thread to say "i hate cars cause they are death machines"

if you dont like the topic dont respond

he wasnt asking anyone to cape, he was merely testing the waters. no need to be toxic.

you cant be responsible for others, only yourself

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

Are people still seriously this ignorant that they swallow all the bullshit stories about vaping being dangerous? 

3 minutes ago, johnukguy said:

Are people still seriously this ignorant that they swallow all the bullshit stories about vaping being dangerous? 

Care to elaborate on this? Pretty much all research leads towards vaping being "not safe". So "dangerous", is certainly an objective term, and vaping might not make you drop dead, but it's certainly not risk free.

And if you know the risks, and choose to vape anyway? Cool! As long as you're not bothering other people with second hand emissions, who gives a shit? Drink, smoke, toke, vape, doesn't matter to me.

Though people who vape and tell themselves (and others) that it's totally risk free and totally safe? That's irresponsible.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Care to elaborate on this? Pretty much all research leads towards vaping being "not safe". So "dangerous", is certainly an objective term, and vaping might not make you drop dead, but it's certainly not risk free.

The technical term for what you just said is utter bollocks.

https://www.churnmag.com/news/spite-mounting-evidence-misinformation-vaping-continues-run-rampant/

https://ecigarettereviewed.com/people-are-misinformed-about-vaping/

I could go on for pages and pages but nutters and the ignorant who are anti vaping are cultists and don't look at any real evidence anyway.

All juice companies stopped using diacetyl as part of their ingredients. 

So don't worry about popcorn lungs, if you are extremely anxious  stay away from caramel flavors.

4 hours ago, Nuluvius said:

-snip-

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

6 minutes ago, johnukguy said:

The technical term for what you just said is utter bollocks.

https://www.churnmag.com/news/spite-mounting-evidence-misinformation-vaping-continues-run-rampant/

https://ecigarettereviewed.com/people-are-misinformed-about-vaping/

I could go on for pages and pages but nutters and the ignorant who are anti vaping are cultists and don't look at any real evidence anyway.

Got any peer reviewed research to back that up? Both articles cite a few sources - none of which disagree with me.

About all I can gain from your links is that "vaping is safer than cigarettes". Wow. Good conclusion.

One that I never put in doubt.

If you are a smoker? Sure use vaping to quit smoking. No one is saying not to do that (in fact, multiple people in this thread agree with that as a reason to use it).

But people are saying vaping is totally risk free, and not dangerous. Both of your links don't back up that assertion, so you saying my statement is bollocks, is... well... bollocks.

Also, what do you say to @Nuluvius's huge post with like a dozen sources saying that there are indeed risks associated with vaping?

There's at the very least, enough to warrant regulation to ensure consistency, and more importantly, more research to delve into the details of possible harms.

15 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Got any peer reviewed research to back that up? Both articles cite a few sources - none of which disagree with me.

About all I can gain from your links is that "vaping is safer than cigarettes". Wow. Good conclusion.

One that I never put in doubt.

Except of course that you and those like you do exactly that by then pointing to discredited, shoddy research and ignoring the mountain of evidence that says the exact opposite. Those who use such tactics are cultists and the new puritans, and I routinely have such people immediately physically removed from the places I go to socially here if they start their bullshit. I have zero tolerance for them.  As to the crapulous, 'well there might be some risk' argument, walking out of your front door has risks. It's a bullshit argument compared to the level of pollutants most city dwellers take in in a day, or that people take eating lots of over processed food for example. There's a risk that a person can slip and injure themselves in a shower. Should people stop taking showers?. Those who want everything banned because of a very small risk to a minority, which is what it is, are a nuisance and should be dealt with accordingly.

3 hours ago, Taja said:

I find it funny people have the NEED to hate on smoking/vaping...

I'll attack it whenever it makes sense to do so as it is just another one of those undesirable, pointless, destructive and arguably obsolete habits that humans engage in. Much the same as the choice to murder animals for food when there are now viable alternatives, thus no good reason to do so other than saying that 'they taste nice'. We should be better as a race.

3 hours ago, Taja said:

...drinking is still viewed positively and drug legalization is becoming more a reality.

Which do not directly affect me or mine by proximity (like emissions do) unless the cases are especially prolific/obnoxious. That said however, those prolific/obnoxious cases do indeed warrant strong criticism.

3 hours ago, Taja said:

...JUST STOP telling people what they should/should not use.

Where have I ever told anyone in here what they should or should not be doing?

3 hours ago, Taja said:

And I believe ppl should shut the f up about others habits, as long as it does not affect them (if you smoke 90 cigs a day inside your house its ok, but dont come to my house and blow smoke on my kids)

Which is exactly my point.

2 hours ago, SlipperyPete said:

nobody goes into the car/moto thread to say "i hate cars cause they are death machines"

I may well have done just that in there when people have taken a nonchalant or amused attitude towards speeding/reckless driving.

if you dont like the topic dont respond

I think that you may need to read up on the definition of a forum:

Forums prefer a premise of open and free discussion and often adopt de facto standards. Most common topics on forums include questions, comparisons, polls of opinion as well as debates.

he wasnt asking anyone to cape, he was merely testing the waters. no need to be toxic.

I don't see how anyone has been toxic, a broad range of research was presented that the OP either didn't understand or chose to ignore.

58 minutes ago, Foxxer said:

All juice companies stopped using diacetyl as part of their ingredients. 

So don't worry about popcorn lungs, if you are extremely anxious  stay away from caramel flavors.

This has already been covered (as background), you should read the thread more thoroughly before trying to field your arguments.

1 hour ago, johnukguy said:

59 minutes ago, johnukguy said:

39 minutes ago, johnukguy said:

Except of course that you and those like you do exactly that by pointing to discredited, shoddy research and then ignoring the mountain of evidence that says the exact opposite. You're cultists and the new puritans and I routinely have such people removed from the places I go to socially here if they start their bullshit. You're not worth interacting with for more than a couple of minutes at best.

Those are rather extreme and quite odd reactions to have: 'Bullshit stores', 'cultists' and 'new puritans' O.o Irrespective of the fact that some of that 'shoddy research' as you called it was university or otherwise government/health agency/body lead (if I recall correctly)...

5 minutes ago, Nuluvius said:

5 minutes ago, Nuluvius said:

Those are rather extreme and quite odd reactions to have: 'Bullshit stores', 'cultists' and 'new puritans' O.o Irrespective of the fact that some of that 'shoddy research' as you called it was university or otherwise government/health agency/body lead...

You mean the same government bodies and agencies funded by some rather nasty corporations and accountable to lobbyists for the most part. As for extreme, I don't tolerate ignorant puritanism. It's extremely destructive. Thanks for making my point though, which you have. 

13 minutes ago, johnukguy said:

I don't tolerate ignorant puritanism. It's extremely destructive. Thanks for making my point though, which you have. 

Arguing that the world is flat or that the sky is green and refuting all other forms of hard evidence to the contrary as 'ignorant puritanism', 'cultism' or otherwise garbage does not validate those flawed original views I am afraid xD

Sticking one's head in the sand will not make the bad things go away either unfortunately.