AMD CPU for under $100

I am currently building my first gaming pc, and am wondering what kind of gaming cpu would be good for under $100?

4350, if you you are luckily then the 6000 series will be available. On a  very good day a fx 8320 will be less then $100.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

You can keep your eye out for a cheap 8320 , if your super luck you might get a 8350

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

Can't go wrong with the FX6300 from AMD for $109USD on Newegg.

How much better is the 6300 over the 6100? I have the 6100 now. Is the 6300 a big improvement?

PC; CPU: AMD FX-6100 3.3Ghz Akasa X4 Cooler - GPU: GTX GeForce 650Ti 2GB Palit - RAM: 16GB 1333Mhz Team Group Inc - HDD: 7500RPM Barracuda 500GB - PSU: G7 Extreme Power 780w PSU - KB & Mouse: Víglen Mech KB Acer Blacks - Logitech MX518 Mouse (1200 DPI) - Laptop; Dell M5040 Mobile Phone; Doogee Voyager DG300

How much better is the 6300 over the 6100? I have the 6100 now. Is the 6300 a big improvement?

In the real world, probably wouldn't notice enough performance differential to justify the change.

The 6300 (piledriver) performs about on par with a 8120 (bulldozer) so it's a massive improvement. 

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

How much better is the 6300 over the 6100? I have the 6100 now. Is the 6300 a big improvement?I

It's pretty much just a Higher base clock.

It's pretty much just a Higher base clock.

nooo...... its using the piledriver archetecture vs the bulldozer on the 6100. there is a decent difference between the 2

Fx 6300 is best heat performance and over locking wise

nooo...... its using the piledriver archetecture vs the bulldozer on the 6100. there is a decent difference between the 2

Ohsorry, I thought it was like the 8320 and the 8350

FX 6300 is a great choose but just try if you can get FX 8320

Manners Maketh Man

The FX 6300. Around $100.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I am currently building my first gaming pc, and am wondering what kind of gaming cpu would be good for under $100?

for under $100 the FX-4300 or the 4130. but for slightly over that, what they said :)

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

for under $100 the FX-4300 or the 4130. but for slightly over that, what they said :)

Any bulldozer based cpu sucks always go piledriver (43xx, 63xx, 83xx).

AMD X4 750K is not to bad if u r not overclocking but ur gaming will mostly depend on GPU

Plan your build as a whole and not part by part unless you're asking for an unbalanced build.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Personally I would spend a bit more than $100 and get a decent cpu like the FX 6300 as this offers a great price to performance ratio.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Personally I would spend a bit more than $100 and get a decent cpu like the FX 6300 as this offers a great price to performance ratio.

The 750K has an even better value.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If your doing a $400 ish build get a 750K but if you're doing a $600 ish build definitely get a 6300. If you post your budget then this can be tailored to you.