upgrading pc in 2 days, need help

my system is below, here's what i need help with, i just got an 4k monitor only 60hz, and i have an 2k 240hz monitor for e sports gaming mostly, should i get myself an 

Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G OC...... 977 dollars ) or ( EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX3.0 FTW Hybrid..... 810 dollars ) my budget is  1000 dollars and then there's this one ( MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Sea Hawk 1100dollars ) 

but the last one is 1100 dollars, which one is most worth? i would also like to overclock it a little bit, that would be nice.

MY PC
motherboard: asus p8z77-v deluxe

cpu: i7 2600k oc 4.3ghz

gpu: 280x

psu: corsair 750w

ram: 8gb

big open case lots of airflow

I don't know if a 2nd gen will keep up with a 1080ti. But only because I don't know :)

??? Wanna join ??? my free??gift card??? giveaway??? Click ⤵ the subrscribe button?? ,turn? the notifications on ??? and finally leave a nice comment ??down below⬇⬇ , now without further adue ??? lets get on?? with the video▶▶

why not an overall upgrade? not just the GPU?

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

Just now, Ordinarily_Greater said:

why not an overall upgrade? not just the GPU?

well, budget is 1000 dollars, i'm going to upgrade ram next month to 16gb and slowly upgrade other stuff but really want to get higher fps so i can use my new 240ghz screen.

There are 1080Tis for 800-900. Like this.

??? Wanna join ??? my free??gift card??? giveaway??? Click ⤵ the subrscribe button?? ,turn? the notifications on ??? and finally leave a nice comment ??down below⬇⬇ , now without further adue ??? lets get on?? with the video▶▶

Just now, PerfectPlasma said:

There are 1080Tis for 800-900. Like this.

ah. yeah. I'm from sweden, and i dont want to be worried about shipping or pay shipping+taxes, and here in sweden everything is more expensive.

9 minutes ago, PerfectPlasma said:

I don't know if a 2nd gen will keep up with a 1080ti. But only because I don't know :)

This is what I was thinking. There was a recent LTT video about this.

https://youtu.be/jUtH6Z8l8w4

IIRC at 4k a 2500k could keep up but at 1080 it was a severe bottleneck.

2 minutes ago, danejesse1 said:

This is what I was thinking. There was a recent LTT video about this.

https://youtu.be/jUtH6Z8l8w4

IIRC at 4k a 2500k could keep up but at 1080 it was a severe bottleneck.

5-10% according to linus. cpu and mobo will be upgraded eventually, but not in the next month or two, low on cash at the moment.

Just now, Minotaur10 said:

I'd get the 1080Ti

which one though? the hybrid cooled for 1100 dollars, i will have to barrow money from a friend, or the gtx strix from asus for 977 dollars.

22 minutes ago, howdoichangegpu said:

my system is below, here's what i need help with, i just got an 4k monitor only 60hz, and i have an 2k 240hz monitor for e sports gaming mostly, should i get myself an 

Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G OC...... 977 dollars ) or ( EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX3.0 FTW Hybrid..... 810 dollars ) my budget is  1000 dollars and then there's this one ( MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Sea Hawk 1100dollars ) 

but the last one is 1100 dollars, which one is most worth? i would also like to overclock it a little bit, that would be nice.

MY PC
motherboard: asus p8z77-v deluxe

cpu: i7 2600k oc 4.3ghz

gpu: 280x

psu: corsair 750w

ram: 8gb

big open case lots of airflow

I had the same predicament and ended up with the Asus. The Asus is normally ahead in bench marks but its by a couple fps. The performances are basically the same i would focus on the features. If build quality is what yo are after the EVGA has over engineered a best with the FTW3. (since they used to catch fire lol) If you want the most quiet then seahawk. Its all quite subjective.

i7 12700k @ 5.1GHz OC (EKWB) / Msi Edge wifi ddr4 / Asus TUF 3080ti (EKWB) / Acer XB327 270HZ, 3x LG 27GL83A-B 144hz, SONY KDL40D3000 Thermaltake P5 / 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / Samsung 980 pro 1tb NVMe ssd, Serbrent 1tb NVMe ssd,Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Samsung 860 PRO SSD (raid), 2 TB Seagate HDDSeasonic TX 1000w titanium/ EK-FC1080 Ti GTX ASUS Strix RGB GPU Block, EK-Supremacy EVO, EK-CoolStream XE 360 [6x120 Thermaltake Ring fans], EK-CoolStream XE 360 slim [6x120 Thermaltake Ring fans],  EK-DDC 3.2 PWM Elite Edition, EK-RES X3 250 RGBMountain Everest custom with Sorbothane sound dampening / Razer Viper Ultimate, Logitec G502 , Logitec G Pro Wireless / Beardynamic DT1990 PRO with Litz wire full conversion to balanced, custom cable in Litz, Dakoni ear pads going through Topping E30 DAC to Singxer SA-1 amp/Sennhieser HD598, Sennhieser GSP 670, Custom Floor Standing Speakers in 5.1, Panasonic amp. Rode NT-USB on Rode boom.

1 minute ago, HOOTSMON said:

I had the same predicament and ended up with the Asus. he Asus is normally ahead in bench marks but its my a couple fps. The performances are basically the same i would focus on the features. If build quality is what yo are after the EVGA has over engineered a best with the FTW3. (since they used to catch fire lol) If you want the most quiet then seahawk. Its all quite subjective.

i like to run mine below 70celsius, noise doesnt really matter, as long as i dont loose my hearing or bleed out of my ears.

3 minutes ago, howdoichangegpu said:

i like to run mine below 70celsius, noise doesnt really matter, as long as i dont loose my hearing or bleed out of my ears.

Get the GIGABYTE AORUS or Zotac AMP EXTREME! for your 1080 Ti

The gigabyte cools better than the Zotac but the Zotac runs like 1% better.

Personally, I'd go with the Gigabyte if you want MAX performance. The ASUS Rog Strix is a close 3rd though.

1 minute ago, sourpatches said:

Personally, I'd go with the Gigabyte if you want MAX performance. The ASUS Rog Strix is a close 3rd though.

Both are among the worst. Both don't have very good VRMs or VRM cooling. They have 3 fans and are huge, but overall, the smaller Gaming X is better

:)

Just now, howdoichangegpu said:

Under full whack my 1080ti doesn't go above 50 but it sounds like a passenger jet. I had a 1070 before and i put an NZXT G12 on and it with a corsair h55 (cheap AIO cooled) and it would perform a bit better and idle cooler, granted they are different cards. The thing is it was very quiet at the same temp but if you dont mind noise just rule out the seahawk. The EVGA has some cool temp indicator light on it so you dont have to pull up software while your in game or whatever. 

i7 12700k @ 5.1GHz OC (EKWB) / Msi Edge wifi ddr4 / Asus TUF 3080ti (EKWB) / Acer XB327 270HZ, 3x LG 27GL83A-B 144hz, SONY KDL40D3000 Thermaltake P5 / 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / Samsung 980 pro 1tb NVMe ssd, Serbrent 1tb NVMe ssd,Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Samsung 860 PRO SSD (raid), 2 TB Seagate HDDSeasonic TX 1000w titanium/ EK-FC1080 Ti GTX ASUS Strix RGB GPU Block, EK-Supremacy EVO, EK-CoolStream XE 360 [6x120 Thermaltake Ring fans], EK-CoolStream XE 360 slim [6x120 Thermaltake Ring fans],  EK-DDC 3.2 PWM Elite Edition, EK-RES X3 250 RGBMountain Everest custom with Sorbothane sound dampening / Razer Viper Ultimate, Logitec G502 , Logitec G Pro Wireless / Beardynamic DT1990 PRO with Litz wire full conversion to balanced, custom cable in Litz, Dakoni ear pads going through Topping E30 DAC to Singxer SA-1 amp/Sennhieser HD598, Sennhieser GSP 670, Custom Floor Standing Speakers in 5.1, Panasonic amp. Rode NT-USB on Rode boom.

2 minutes ago, sourpatches said:

does the gigabyte version run cool? it's about 999 dollars here in sweden

3 minutes ago, sourpatches said:

I dont like the GIGABYTE AORUS but my mate got one and he knows more than me, take from that what you will lol

1 minute ago, HOOTSMON said:

Under full whack my 1080ti doesn't go above 50 but it sounds like a passenger jet. I had a 1070 before and i put an NZXT G12 on and it with a corsair h55 (cheap AIO cooled) and it would perform a bit better and idle cooler, granted they are different cards. The thing is it was very quiet at the same temp but if you dont mind noise just rule out the seahawk. The EVGA has some cool temp indicator light on it so you dont have to pull up software while your in game or whatever. 

which 1080ti did you have? that run at 50c, and is it stock cooler or did you mount a AIO on that one inorder to reach 50c

1 minute ago, howdoichangegpu said:

does the gigabyte version run cool? it's about 999 dollars here in sweden

In my experiences it has run cool, but some people have have had some high temperatures.

I think I would go for the ASUS ROG Strix.

Just now, sourpatches said:

In my experiences it has run cool, but some people have have had some high temperatures.

I think I would go for the ASUS ROG Strix.

so many mixed answers here,  so the asus rog strix, if i go ahead and put a fan curve on my own would this card run smoothly under 70c?

Asus 1080ti strix OC. Its with the stock cooler. Apparently thermals become an issue for these cards at 65+ but so far ive been miles away. It doesnt work like that out the box you have to play with msi afterburner and change the fan curve. Also you can hook 2 maybe 3 case fans directly to the gpu and sink it with it so if you had a case fan below it makes sense to do that. 

I dont know how you get those prices, because the SC2 Hybrid and Se Hawk X cost 8600 SEK, about $1000. 

Looking at the pricing, you could get one of the cheaper 1080 Tis for about 7600 kr, or the Strix for 8000 kr. Paying another 600 kr on top of that to get a 120mm AiO... Your choice, really. Imo, the cheaper ones (not the Mini or Armor), As well as the Strix seem like the most sensible. 

Keep in mind that the performance starts to get lower when the GPU hits 60°C. 

:)

2 minutes ago, HOOTSMON said:

Asus 1080ti strix OC. Its with the stock cooler. Apparently thermals become an issue for these cards at 65+ but so far ive been miles away. It doesnt work like that out the box you have to play with msi afterburner and change the fan curve. Also you can hook 2 maybe 3 case fans directly to the gpu and sink it with it so if you had a case fan below it makes sense to do that. 

FYI You sync the case fans using Asus GPU Tweak 2 not afterburner.

4 minutes ago, HOOTSMON said:

FYI You sync the case fans using Asus GPU Tweak 2 not afterburner.

i have too many fans to connect to the card, already checked. but some of them could be connected to the card

7 minutes ago, seon123 said:

I dont know how you get those prices, because the SC2 Hybrid and Se Hawk X cost 8600 SEK, about $1000. 

Looking at the pricing, you could get one of the cheaper 1080 Tis for about 7600 kr, or the Strix for 8000 kr. Paying another 600 kr on top of that to get a 120mm AiO... Your choice, really. Imo, the cheaper ones (not the Mini or Armor), As well as the Strix seem like the most sensible. 

Keep in mind that the performance starts to get lower when the GPU hits 60°C. 

cant really install an AIO to a GPU never done that before. is it easy? seeing on youtube it doesnt seem that easy, and liquid coolers seem to be a wild step in the dark when you purchase a cheaper one, i dont want it to break and mess up my entire PC