Need help with upgrading I’m new to PC

I want to upgrade my pc because I want more FPS on my games and want to run 1080p and at least medium or low with around 60fps. I don’t know what to upgrade first. Let me know if you need more info. Thanks

Specs:

OS- Windows 10 64bit 

CPU- Amd FX-4300 quad core (3.8ghz)

GPU-Radeon RX 460 2gb 

Memory- 8gb DDR3 ram 

MotherBoard-GA-78LMT-S2

1TB hard drive 

I believe PSU is 460w and the case it a cyberpower case not sure what the name is.

1 minute ago, MrCool127 said:

I believe PSU is 460w and the case it a cyberpower case not sure what the name is.

upgrade that aging FX CPU to a ryzen CPU. you will need a different motherboard, as well as new RAM. what kind of games do you plan on playing?

it honestly depends on your budget. this is what i would recommend if you were trying to save a bit.

I currently use a GTX 770 from MSI and that runs pretty much any game 1080p. I play anything from Witcher 3, to Dirt Rally. If you only plan 1080p, and you wanna save a buck (because it's an older card) it might be right for you.

As for the rest, you'd probably want a slightly newer motherboard but don't go over the top. make sure it matches your  cpu , ram and gpu as well. I'd go for about 500 - 600 watt PSU. probably the 600.

ram is good, you generally don't need more than 8. however the upgrade to 16 is noticeable. but that's only if you want to spend extra.

the cpu can be either an intel or ryzen. i personally use the intel i7-4770k and would recommend it and the 4790k. most games i play don't require more than that. 

19 minutes ago, Snowglobes_The_Destroyer said:

it honestly depends on your budget. this is what i would recommend if you were trying to save a bit.

I currently use a GTX 770 from MSI and that runs pretty much any game 1080p. I play anything from Witcher 3, to Dirt Rally. If you only plan 1080p, and you wanna save a buck (because it's an older card) it might be right for you.

As for the rest, you'd probably want a slightly newer motherboard but don't go over the top. make sure it matches your  cpu , ram and gpu as well. I'd go for about 500 - 600 watt PSU. probably the 600.

ram is good, you generally don't need more than 8. however the upgrade to 16 is noticeable. but that's only if you want to spend extra.

the cpu can be either an intel or ryzen. i personally use the intel i7-4770k and would recommend it and the 4790k. most games i play don't require more than that. 

Thanks man, I'll look into it 

Do you have a budget?  Upgrading GPU would be cheaper most likely as if you upgrade the CPU to something modern like ryzen, you would need new mobo and ram as well.  However, you could upgrade to something like an fx 8300 which you might be able to get used for really cheap.  If you upgrade just the GPU you might find the FX 4300 holding you back.  

I don't think getting an fx8300 is agood idea. Money would be wasted on a outdated platform. Get a 1060 and mabey get an i3 8100 and the cheapest 8gb stick of ddr4 and cheapest Z370 motherboard.