WAN show on Floatplane

gGODg

I watch the wan show ever week. live or on youtube.  would enjoy the better quality.  i know its large.  but ... if feasible.  would be great to grab it on floatplane better quality.   maybe the new software would make that easier.   

no rush.   i know live streaming is part of the new site.   and likely is gonna be up once the new site comes, vote for after live archive for later.   i miss it alot.   shopping day and recovery. 

I don't think floatplane's meant for streaming.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

7 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

I don't think floatplane's meant for streaming.

in its current form, no.....but @bitwit has said he will be livestreaming for bitwit ultra......so in the final site, expect livestreaming.... @Slick might be able to give an update soon(tm)

27 minutes ago, BubblyCharizard said:

in its current form, no.....but @bitwit has said he will be livestreaming for bitwit ultra......so in the final site, expect livestreaming.... @Slick might be able to give an update soon(tm)

I know they have done some test live streaming by streaming Luke's Twitch channel, so it is in the works. 

58 minutes ago, gGODg said:

I watch the wan show ever week. live or on youtube.  would enjoy the better quality.  i know its large.  but ... if feasible.  would be great to grab it on floatplane better quality.   maybe the new software would make that easier.   

no rush.   i know live streaming is part of the new site.   and likely is gonna be up once the new site comes, vote for after live archive for later.   i miss it alot.   shopping day and recovery. 

I'm actually against this for a few reasons

First off WAN has it's audience very much based in Twitch, moving it to floatplane might end up alienating a lot of users.

Also the idea of putting WAN behind a paywall seems very counter productive to me, not only would less people watch live but you'd also make less money from it too. To clarify that statement I believe not many users would be willing to pay for FPC just to watch WAN show so the vast majority of the users who only watch WAN and do so on Twitch would just stop watching it entirely. I'm not sure the new sub count on FPC would match the ad revenue from 3,000 people watching live on Twitch.

Lastly I think a lot of people would straight up be pissed at a paywall to WAN show, as much as I love watching WAN there's 1,000 other news round up shows I could watch instead of paying for it (I mean that generally, not specifically me as I already do pay for FPC anyway)

Of course I don't know what amounts Linus makes from each service and everything I said is just my opinion.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

not paywalling it , just throwing the better then youtube better then twitch streaming quality up on floatplane . for those whom missed it live. i watch everything released.  i even watch it again on youtube channel later just to get the view count , ad revenue from that and basically absorb it with a second watch. thing i missed the first time plus things that show up in the final draft. 

figure every bit helps.  nearing 5 million subs. don't doubt to see 10 million by 2020 and lots of shows like what has been showing up lately with the growth.  its all very entertaining.  and unlike watching something like nacros on netflix.  more content is just a day away.   not just hw pron for me.   i haven't upgraded my system since the 4870x2 came out. legitimately just enjoy tech, talking and the research. 

3 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

I'm actually against this for a few reasons

First off WAN has it's audience very much based in Twitch, moving it to floatplane might end up alienating a lot of users.

You've misunderstood whole point. It's not about having paywall for prime time content, but about having vod as higher quality viewing and downloading.

Reason why it isn't already on FP is that size and strain for servers vs how many would benefit isn't practical.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

You've misunderstood whole point. It's not about having paywall for prime time content, but about having vod as higher quality viewing and downloading.

Reason why it isn't already on FP is that size and strain for servers vs how many would benefit isn't practical.

But OP literally talks about FPC having live streaming capability, I don't see how it would be possible to live stream WAN on FPC and not paywall it?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

thought with all the mentions of livestreaming on wan show, it was pointing to, streaming it live both on floatplane website with their own api and twitch, at the same time, only needs the upload bandwhich of 10mbit or so, with 5mbit for 1080p twitch if not less with current codecs , surely they got over 100mbit up in house. 

36 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

But OP literally talks about FPC having live streaming capability, I don't see how it would be possible to live stream WAN on FPC and not paywall it?

You can already stream it to both YouTube and Twitch. Streaming to both Twitch and FP isn't any different. Besides, Linus and WAN sponsors aren't paywalling prime time shows. That would be just bad business decision. If LMG starts livestreaming to FP, those will be more goofy extra content. Like YT streams while back.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

just a suggestion for floatplane. no need to shoot something down. which you have no interest in.  i know i can watch on youtube and will do it that way.  just enjoy the show and thought if its not absurd in bandwhich cause of length of show. it would be nice especially if it doesn't become popular amung everyone on floatplane which might be a good thing.  if it was available for download once live streaming ended cause i miss it live very often . 

3 hours ago, gGODg said:

thought with all the mentions of livestreaming on wan show, it was pointing to, streaming it live both on floatplane website with their own api and twitch, at the same time, only needs the upload bandwhich of 10mbit or so, with 5mbit for 1080p twitch if not less with current codecs , surely they got over 100mbit up in house. 

Actually, they have bidirectional gigabit (1024Mbps down, 1024Mbps up)

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

@RadiatingLight also its ran with like heavy duty fiber so its probobly upgradable if needed

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA 650 GQ | AOC 60Hz Freesync Panels x2 | AOC 144hz Freesync Panel x1

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

Corsair 750W G2 | Acer R240HY x2

Upsilon- i7 5500u | 6GB DDR3 | 720p 60Hz panel