New Threadripper build help

Hey guys wondering if maybe someone can shed some light a bunch of problems I’m having. First build I’ve done in many years.

i just recently built a new gaming rig and went with Threadripper 1950X, ASUS Zenith extreme motherboard, G.Skill 3200MHZ Ram that’s been verified to work with that motherboard and a EK extreme water cooling kit. I’m using a EVGA 850P2 power supply, Corsair 900D case, EVGA 1080ti FTW3 Hybrid. Samsung 960 EVO M.2 drive for boot and a 2tb for storage.

After putting it together and getting windows 10 installed I’ve been having nothing but issues. 

First when im in the bios and watching the voltage it will cycle up and down, it showed as high as 1.5v. The cpu speed was also cycling. I flashed the latest bios and installed latest drivers but when i installed the Ryzen Master tool it was showing a cpu speed of 4.00GHz but windows said it was at 4.68.

I ran prime95 and it got up to 75 degrees at that setup. And Cinebench ran over 3300 score but seemed fine.

Second it would only run the ram speed to 2133, changing it to 3200 in the bios it would post sometimes but will fail and revert back to 2133. After all this and installing/uninstalling numerous drivers I decided to do clean install of windows 10. After trying to format the SSD the windows install says it can’t install it. I’ve put in 2 other drives (ssd from working computer and normal hd) and it still won’t let me install. Says it can’t find the partition or some stupid error, was getting angry and fed up so I shut it down for now. I tried reformatting all the drives and still nothing.

Now I’m stuck with $6K RGB light show that can’t do anything. Put in a support ticket with ASUS as well as I’m thinking it’s a motherboard issue.  Not sure what to do next as I’m out of ideas.

And i know the water loop isn’t the prettiest/ideal but it seems to work.

63B78721-F0D3-49DD-A79E-29042826AD41.jpeg

C5A170C4-21C2-450E-B35D-9DD852A275C8.jpeg

What's the exact BIOS version?

I have a nagging guess you did not disable HPET in W10?

Also, can you post the exact error you get when trying to install W10?

Also, 3200MHz speeds are not easy to get stable.  I say find a stable speed for the RAM for now until you get the other issues resolved.  Start with 2400MHz, then slowly go up in steps.

Another thing, check each RAM stick by seeing if the motherboard will post with each stick separately.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

If I could even get windows to install on a hard drive right now I would be checking those things. L

The thing that kind of scared me was the voltage bouncing around from 1.35 to 1.5 when I was watching in the bios so I didn’t want to keep it running for too long. Maybe I’ll even grab a video of what’s going on. 

Edited by Lane5cent
Added video

Here’s what it’s doing. I’m thinking of maybe pulling the cpu and checking the pins and then putting it back in the socket. Cause it’s just weird.

This is the error i get when I try to install windows 10. Doesn’t matter drive I select.

ASUS got back to me and helped me with the memory speed issue and I flashed a beta bios 0503 on it boots up fine with the current g.skill memory.

26E2E969-F132-4EA8-8F7B-145E0B91AE22.jpeg