34 pin pci card? [Solved]

Lindows

Hi guys, I'm trying to locate a 34 pin pci card so I can install an internal floppy drive.  or maybe a different solution? 

I'm complete aware there are USB floppy drives but i want internal. 

You might be asking for something that may not exist.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

2 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

You might be asking for something that may not exist.

Sadly thats what I think

1 minute ago, Masters2150 said:

you could mod you case....put an internal drive into a 5.25 bay, then use some kind of cable magic to connect it to an internal usb connector.

well since that media hub is 3.5 im going get a chassis to convert it to 5.25. Yeah i was hoping there was a premade "cable magic" adapter. Me personally i dont feel comfortable making my own adapter since i would have no idea what im doing. 

Didn't you create the same exact topic like not to long ago, say 2 weeks? Someone mentioned to get a SuperDrive, they will also support 1.44MB Floppy disk and uses 40PIN IDE, which you will have a greater chance of finding a controller card for that.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 minute ago, NumLock21 said:

Didn't you create the same exact topic like not to long ago, say 2 weeks? Someone mentioned to get a SuperDrive, they will also support 1.44MB Floppy disk and uses 40PIN IDE, which you will have a greater chance of finding a controller card for that.

Yeah, but i dont recall anyone mentioning a super drive. 

3 minutes ago, Lindows said:

Yeah, but i dont recall anyone mentioning a super drive. 

Yes, they did, it's SuperDisk. They go up to 120MB

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

2 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Yes, they did. or SuperDisk. They go up to 120MB

Yeah I see that now. I must have over looked it. 

I would get a superdisk if they wasnt 60+ USD to get an internal one

Haven't found a PCI card, but I found some converter "cables"/dongle to go from 34pin to USB
"34pin 1.44mb floppy connecter to USB adapter cable"

Like this one
https://www.amazon.ca/Generic-SFR1M44-U-Emulator-Industrial-Equipment/dp/B008HYT6T2
But they are cheaper on Ebay.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

24 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Haven't found a PCI card, but I found some converter "cables"/dongle to go from 34pin to USB

Like this one
https://www.amazon.ca/Generic-SFR1M44-U-Emulator-Industrial-Equipment/dp/B008HYT6T2

I dont think that will work. All that does is fake a floppy. So that a USB will display as a floppy disk in winodws. If im not mistaken

33 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Like this one

That's the OPPOSITE.  That's a floppy emulator.  It's used on legacy hardware that relies on a floppy disk.  It connects to the floppy connector on the legacy system and then the data is supplied by inserting a USB key rather than a floppy disc.

15 minutes ago, TheCherryKing said:

I'm here to save the day! https://www.ebay.com/itm/34pin-1-44mb-floppy-connecter-to-USB-adapter-cable-34-pin/292372471932?hash=item4412c1e07c:g:egEAAOSwkl5Xc1oi

While it's not a PCI card it can be connected to a USB Type-A port.

Thank you i may just give that a try, I tried to avoid that but i think its my only option. now my next challange is to get something that will work with a 5.25 floppy ;p

13 minutes ago, Lindows said:

Thank you i may just give that a try, I tried to avoid that but i think its my only option. now my next challange is to get something that will work with a 5.25 floppy ;p

There are similar adapters for 5.25" floppy drives but they are read-only.

Just now, TheCherryKing said:

There are similar adapters for 5.25" floppy drives but they are read-only.

Yeah, i would want to find a r/w

I'm confused about why you are wanting what you are wanting, but they make r/w internal floppy drives that connect to internal USB headers for 10 to 20 bucks. If the problem then is that you don't have the internal USB header, but you do have an empty PCI slot, you can get a USB pci card that has an internal header for an addition 10 to 20 dollars and connect the floppy drive to that. 

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

4 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

I'm confused about why you are wanting what you are wanting, but they make r/w internal floppy drives that connect to internal USB headers for 10 to 20 bucks. If the problem then is that you don't have the internal USB header, but you do have an empty PCI slot, you can get a USB pci card that has an internal header for an addition 10 to 20 dollars and connect the floppy drive to that. 

Link? I havent seen that. The internal USB floppy

2 minutes ago, Lindows said:

Link? I havent seen that. The internal USB floppy

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&Depa=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=floppy drive&IsRelated=1&cm_sp=KeywordRelated-_-internal_floppy_drive-_-floppy drive

It seems as if only 3.5" drives are available.

1 minute ago, Lindows said:

But none of them are internal USB

Holy moly the result changed in the time between when I posted it and when I double checked after you replied. 

A scroll through my history showed me the specific item I had found in that list, but you are right. I missed that it had both interfaces, internal USB to run the modern card readers and 32 pin to run the Floppy. I'm sorry I missed that.

Perhaps it is possible to fit this external drive into an internal bay and connect it using one of the adapters in this list?

3 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

Holy moly the result changed in the time between when I posted it and when I double checked after you replied. 

A scroll through my history showed me the specific item I had found in that list, but you are right. I missed that it had both interfaces, internal USB to run the modern card readers and 32 pin to run the Floppy. I'm sorry I missed that.

Perhaps it is possible to fit this external drive into an internal bay and connect it using one of the adapters in this list?

Yeah, that was going be my very last solution. I was trying to make it as clean as possible because by using a USB floppy its slim and wont look right. 

2 minutes ago, Lindows said:

I was trying to make it as clean as possible because by using a USB floppy its slim and wont look right. 

There are some adapters floating around, but by using them you drive the cost up :/ I think you are either going to have to make one, commission one, or settle.