Can we play game using 4 gigs RAM?

Hi guys, Iam wondering, can we play good game using 4 gigs RAM?

is it still playable? if theres a problem, what would it be?

and what the solution? since add some more RAM is the last resort.

best regard

You can play many "good" gameS with 4 gigs of ram. And 99% of the time the only solution is to add RAM in order to improve the experience you are getting....

Yes you can run them but they will run very bad. Watch this video 

Tag me @mbox or quote me if you want me to read

CPU Ryzen 5 1600 @3.9GHz  MOBO Asus Prime X370 Pro  GPU XFX RX 580 GTS XXX 8GB

COOLER Noctua NH-U12S  RAM 2x4GB HyperX Predator 3000 MHz  SSD Samsung 850 evo 250GB  CASE NZXT s340

MONITOR 1 AOC G2590PX MONITOR 2 LG 29WN600

You can run games on 4Gb memory, but a lot will run like crap. Minecraft struggled on 4Gb for me. For gaming, I generally recommend no less than 8Gb

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

15 minutes ago, ekadarmawan said:

best regard

try to have as much a clean windows as possible. The more junk the worst it will get.

Better to lower the settings not so much the resolution, as i've learned recently.

And what GPU are you planning on using? if that was low VRAM and you have only 4GB things escalate quickly to a bad experience.

15 minutes ago, ekadarmawan said:

best regard

You can but they'll run very slow like everyone else has mentioned... you should consider at least double that. If buying new RAM is too expensive then consider getting preowned/second hand RAM as that's usually alot cheaper.

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

17 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

You can run games on 4Gb memory, but a lot will run like crap. Minecraft struggled on 4Gb for me. For gaming, I generally recommend no less than 8Gb

Its 16+ for me.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

Just now, Ashiella said:

Its 16+ for me.

Yeah, 16 is the sweet spot I hear. I personally am yet to encounter a scenario in which I will need more than 8Gb

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Yeah, 16 is the sweet spot I hear. I personally am yet to encounter a scenario in which I will need more than 8Gb

You dont have 100+ tabs on your browser though. You dont run a game along with that and other shit among it lol. Its about 10-12gb right there, and if i run rust its about 14gb

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

You can do two things before buying RAMs:

A. Increase page memory, this way if ram fully used ram memory will be executed in you hard drive.

B. Take Flash drive 4GB at least and you can use flash as a ram windows has built in feature ReadyBoost also not all flashs support such feature.

Good luck

CPU: Intel I7-8700K | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz 2x8GB | GPU: Asus ROG 1080Ti OC | PSU: Seasonic Prime 650W Titanium | SSD: 1x Samsung Evo 970 250GB M2 1x Samsung Evo 970 1TB M2 | CPU COOLER: Noctua D15

4 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Install MSI afterburner and Riva, I also thought 8Gb was more than enough as even GTA V on ultra it only used like 7.4GB but then i went to 16GB and the FPS got way smother and saw i was using 9+GB 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

57 minutes ago, komar said:

You can play many "good" gameS with 4 gigs of ram. And 99% of the time the only solution is to add RAM in order to improve the experience you are getting....

thank you for the answer, yes definetely I will add some more RAM later, but now I consider to by a graphic card first and leave the RAM as it is

56 minutes ago, mbox said:

Yes you can run them but they will run very bad. Watch this video 

thank you for the video, thats really a lot of information xD

56 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

what is it the problem? is it like lagging issue or stuttering?

what resolution do you use anyway?

You can play Half Life 2 which is the father of shooters.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

46 minutes ago, asus killer said:

try to have as much a clean windows as possible. The more junk the worst it will get.

Better to lower the settings not so much the resolution, as i've learned recently.

And what GPU are you planning on using? if that was low VRAM and you have only 4GB things escalate quickly to a bad experience.

actually Iam planning on getting nvidia 1050 ti, and cant afford to get the additional RAM at the same time, so I will leave the RAM as it is for now. any way what resolution that you ve already try?

6 minutes ago, ekadarmawan said:

what is it the problem? is it like lagging issue or stuttering?

what resolution do you use anyway?

It was mostly lagging, a little bit of it was CPU(Core i3-330M) was bogged down with all sorts of processes and things. 1366x768 I believe. I gave that laptop away and now run a Toshiba Satellite P755 as my daily driver which is a lot better.

33 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

Install MSI afterburner and Riva, I also thought 8Gb was more than enough as even GTA V on ultra it only used like 7.4GB but then i went to 16GB and the FPS got way smother and saw i was using 9+GB 

I don't have any of those actually haha. No reason for Afterburner yet, and I don't play GTA either.

35 minutes ago, speed258 said:

You can do two things before buying RAMs:

A. Increase page memory, this way if ram fully used ram memory will be executed in you hard drive.

B. Take Flash drive 4GB at least and you can use flash as a ram windows has built in feature ReadyBoost also not all flashs support such feature.

Good luck

thank you very much for the reply, right now I have no clue how to that those things, but I will do some research relating to that tips

Just now, ekadarmawan said:

thank you very much for the reply, right now I have no clue how to that those things, but I will do some research relating to that tips

Glad to help.

CPU: Intel I7-8700K | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz 2x8GB | GPU: Asus ROG 1080Ti OC | PSU: Seasonic Prime 650W Titanium | SSD: 1x Samsung Evo 970 250GB M2 1x Samsung Evo 970 1TB M2 | CPU COOLER: Noctua D15

13 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

You can play Half Life 2 which is the father of shooters.

great I will try it later xD

10 hours ago, ekadarmawan said:

actually Iam planning on getting nvidia 1050 ti, and cant afford to get the additional RAM at the same time, so I will leave the RAM as it is for now. any way what resolution that you ve already try?

try to get the 4gb 1050ti or it will be really hard to play anything.

I have 8gb but i can tell you every game i play uses more than 4Gb RAM on 1080p medium/high settings. I haven't played one this year that didn't needed more than 4Gb. And i keep my windows as clean as i can.

Doesn't Windows use like 4GB all by itself? I would use 8Gb minimum,

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

4 hours ago, asus killer said:

try to get the 4gb 1050ti or it will be really hard to play anything.

I have 8gb but i can tell you every game i play uses more than 4Gb RAM on 1080p medium/high settings. I haven't played one this year that didn't needed more than 4Gb. And i keep my windows as clean as i can.

thank you for the answer, it really helps.

actually I plan to get 1050 ti as well, but maybe next.

right now I need to upgrade my cpu first.

cant afford both of those on the same time anyway