Turn off audio notifications for mobile

captain_to_fire

Whenever I play music with my phone and browse the LTT forum, I can’t help but scratch my head whenever LTT notifications pauses the music I’m playing using my phone. Not really a big deal but if I’m in a very active thread, it’ll pause music playback continuously. 

Despite the fact that the LTT notification sound only works on desktop and not mobile. This is probably too much to ask but I’m hoping in the future the pausing of music playback while receiving an LTT notification can be turned off. ?

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

You could get the notifications to be sent to your own email address. Have you tried opening 2 web browsers at a time (chrome+firefox), 1 browser has LTT forums on it and the other has the music playback?

3 minutes ago, TheBeastPC said:

You could get the notifications to be sent to your own email address. Have you tried opening 2 web browsers at a time (chrome+firefox), 1 browser has LTT forums on it and the other has the music playback?

I don’t like to spam my own inbox. All I ask is if it’s possible to get rid of the “pausing of music playback because of LTT notifications” on my iPhone. Also, I don’t use the browser for my music playback. I use the dedicated Music app. 

I wonder which part is the one controlling that. Forum setting or browser setting. Latter will be up to you and browsers devs.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I agree with this. I keep the ringer on my iPhone off all the time, but the music will randomly pause. It’s quite annoying. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

2 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I wonder which part is the one controlling that. Forum setting or browser setting. Latter will be up to you and browsers devs.

Looks like the latter is impossible since I’m using an iPhone. When I’m with my laptop I like the sound notification but when I’m on my phone playing music, it’s a little bit frustrating. 

Just now, Jamiec1130 said:

I agree with this. I keep the ringer on my iPhone off all the time, but the music will randomly pause. It’s quite annoying. 

You just paused the playback of 50 ways to say goodbye by Train on my iPhone. ?

But yea it’s a little bit annoying tbh. 

15 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

You just paused the playback of 50 ways to say goodbye by Train on my iPhone. ?

But yea it’s a little bit annoying tbh. 

Sorry about that. It is actually very annoying. I’m surprised nobody brought it up earlier. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

10 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

Sorry about that. It is actually very annoying. I’m surprised nobody brought it up earlier. 

Nah it’s fine. I’m actually surprised that up to this day no one brought it up to the admins. 

Is this not something you must set within your browser on the phone? The notification calls upon the browsers api i would guess.

At least on android i can disable notifications from certain sites in chrome.

1 minute ago, Dujith said:

Is this not something you must set within your browser on the phone? The notification calls upon the browsers api i would guess.

At least on android i can disable notifications from certain sites in chrome.

I can’t do that on iOS unfortunately. Looks like the minority in the forum is pretty much screwed ?

1 minute ago, hey_yo_ said:

I can’t do that on iOS unfortunately. Looks like the minority in the forum is pretty much screwed ?

Not in the notification Center? there you should be able to see your browser app (Safari?) and disable sound notification there?

It's partly a browser issue, because the browser both doesn't play the notification sound, and acquires an exclusive lock on audio playback. Unfortunately, that means that there's not likely to be anything we can do about it directly. There is a setting to disable notification sounds at the bottom of the top section of https://linustechtips.com/main/notifications/options/, but I think that will disable it for all your devices, not just the current one. I can try to convince the devs to allow it to be disabled per device or to not try to play sounds on iOS, but they have historically been very resistant to adding workarounds for bugs that they don't perceive as their fault, even when the workaround is easy to implement and affects their product.

Does this occur in Chrome and Safari, or just one of them?

Disabling notifications won't help this issue.

HTTP/2 203

8 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Does this occur in Chrome and Safari, or just one of them?

Both. 

9 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Unfortunately, that means that there's not likely to be anything we can do about it directly. There is a setting to disable notification sounds at the bottom of the top section of https://linustechtips.com/main/notifications/options/, but I think that will disable it for all your devices, not just the current one. I can try to convince the devs to allow it to be disabled per device or to not try to play sounds on iOS, but they have historically been very resistant to adding workarounds for bugs that they don't perceive as their fault, even when the workaround is easy to implement and affects their product.

Well that’s unfortunate but thank you for the clarification 

11 minutes ago, Dujith said:

Not in the notification Center? there you should be able to see your browser app (Safari?) and disable sound notification there?

Nothing like that on iOS unfortunately unlike Android