Vega 64 Crossfire defeats Titan V and Titan XP?!

ReyazJunior

Check out this video. It shows that Vega 64 sometimes performs better, and mostly neck to neck with the Titan V and the Titan XP! How is this possible? Real world gains will be less, because games will take time to adjust to DirectX 12's multi GPU support. However, for content creators and multi monitor setups (a even though VR gives more real estate), this could prove really beneficial. If we were to make a Windows version of the new iMac Pro, it'll give insane performance when paired with a CPU of same caliber. What do you say?

though this was already know it works better in some situations.

Image result for Vega 64 crossfire vs titan Xp

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

I like how you say the Vega 64 crossfire "defeats" the Titan when it would be more accurate to say they are even. But I guess two of AMD's highest end cards matching one of Nvidia's cards can be seen as a victory these days.

11 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

though this was already know it works better in some situations.

Image result for Vega 64 crossfire vs titan Xp

Oh I didn't know about that!

The benchmarks they compare them in are synthetic and multi gpu scales close to 100%. This is an absolute best case scenario for the crossfire Vega 64.

*In some areas

It's not an across the board win. The title's pretty inaccurate.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Two power hungry cards barely beating out a single card? LOL

If you actually look at the benchmarks it takes two Vega 64 cards in Crossfire to edge out a singe Titan V and when you apply a slight overclock to the Titan V it beats out the two Vega 64 cards in most of the benchmarks. They didn't even put the two Vega 64 cards in game tests. It literally only won in the FireStrike benchmark by 2K points so I would not call that a "win" in any scenario.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

15 minutes ago, Somnax said:

The benchmarks they compare them in are synthetic and multi gpu scales close to 100%. This is an absolute best case scenario for the crossfire Vega 64.

well its heaven, a benchmark that has favored nvidea for ages, so it is not exactly best case 

So a combination consuming 500W can match a 250W Nvidia card. Yeah good riddance.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

3 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

So a combination consuming 500W can match a 250W Nvidia card. Yeah good riddance.

its not a fair comparison anyway, one is a 800mm^2 3000 dollar gpu, its almost double the size of an vega die, and costs a hole lot more 

So about $700 for each card and in order to match the 1080ti you need two of them that draw a shit ton of power to barley edge out the ti......

Congrats, you guys beat the 1080ti with double the cost....you wanna fucking cookie or something?

• 9 months later...

All of you Green Team fanboys should actually look at more than just the end of your green-colored glasses. Like the fact that those 10 series card you love so much, suck at anything integer based (ie. PhysX, nVidia Works). You have to go back two generations to get good integer based gpu's from nVidia! My SLI 1080 FTW cards play witcher 3 just fine, except my buddies 750ti Looks better!!!